private
✟30,123.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
A generation or two ago, newsworthy women activists burned their bras, demanded to be taken seriously as sexual beings no less than men are, etc. and so...as usual, "Ideas have Consequences."
Ah, so it's the women's fault.

Why am I not surprised by your attitude.

Upvote 0

John 12:25

Aug 14, 2018
Florida
✟5,272.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Oh, the ‘news’ reported it. Therefore we know it is 100% accurate. No bias, twists, or anti-heterosexual male propaganda whatsoever.

You know, because the leftist media has a reputation for being a beacon of honesty, no bias or agendas whatsoever.

I saw a YouTube video the other day where some feminazi was caught with drugs and accused the officer of raping her as he proceeded to do his job and handcuff and arrest her. The whole thing was on video. I’m sure we can rely on the snowflake generation on campus today to be every bit as honest and full of integrity as our wonderful leftist media. Yep..if the TV said so, it must be true! No doubt about it!

Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh, the ‘news’ reported it.

that's why I found a link to put in first post of thread
don't know what our local news used to report 1 in 5 but have never found our local news to be wrong

one newscaster is a Christian who has also done a lot for the community

we don't have cable tv so I don't hear what cable news says about anything

Last edited:
Upvote 0

PreviouslySeeking...

May 9, 2017
Seattle
✟85,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
I'm repeating this for the deaf people out there, actual rapes are perpetrated by intimate partners (husband's, boyfriends) over 50% of the time. Another 40% are perpetrated by men the women know - dates, co-workers, friends.

That suggests a deep disrespect of women that cannot be explained by the sexual revolution or women's lib.

Heck we don't even track sexual assaults within relationships because no woman files formal charges or considers it when their husband or boyfriend forcibly kisses or gropes them. Do you know how many married women take issue with their partners grabbing T&A while they wash dishes or do some chores around the house? Many men view it as cute, displaying affection or getting the fires going - many women HATE random groping and consider it a cost of being with a man.

Many, many men simply do not respect women or believe that women get to control their own bodies. Women are not really in danger of strangers - it is the men they know & trust who use them as objects.

So yes, women really do get assaulted this much & no it doesn't have jack to do with how women carry themselves. It has to do with how men see women as a whole & the women in their lives in particular.

Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you know how many married women take issue with their partners grabbing T&A while they wash dishes or do some chores around the house? Many men view it as cute, displaying affection or getting the fires going - many women HATE random groping and consider it a cost of being with a man.
My wife gently smacked my butt the other day when I bent over to pick up my shoes. I wasn't the least bit offended. Neither was she when I gently smacked hers back. :ebil:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

overit

Veteran
Sep 26, 2006
✟17,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A generation or two ago, newsworthy women activists burned their bras, demanded to be taken seriously as sexual beings no less than men are, etc. and so...as usual, "Ideas have Consequences."
WHAT in the WORLD???? Wow......

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm repeating this for the deaf people out there, actual rapes are perpetrated by intimate partners (husband's, boyfriends) over 50% of the time. Another 40% are perpetrated by men the women know - dates, co-workers, friends.

That suggests a deep disrespect of women that cannot be explained by the sexual revolution or women's lib.

Heck we don't even track sexual assaults within relationships because no woman files formal charges or considers it when their husband or boyfriend forcibly kisses or gropes them. Do you know how many married women take issue with their partners grabbing T&A while they wash dishes or do some chores around the house? Many men view it as cute, displaying affection or getting the fires going - many women HATE random groping and consider it a cost of being with a man.

Many, many men simply do not respect women or believe that women get to control their own bodies. Women are not really in danger of strangers - it is the men they know & trust who use them as objects.

So yes, women really do get assaulted this much & no it doesn't have jack to do with how women carry themselves. It has to do with how men see women as a whole & the women in their lives in particular.

If you are asking a question then, I would guess very few women take issue with their chosen partner's sexual advances that do not immediately make their displeasure known to those chosen partners. If they are fuming mad at behavior they do not demand be stopped, then explain to me why they do not demand it be stopped. Expecting a husband to not show physical affection toward his wife when his wife has not demanded he refrain from that is a very curious attitude.

Upvote 0

PreviouslySeeking...

May 9, 2017
Seattle
✟85,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
If you are asking a question then, I would guess very few women take issue with their chosen partner's sexual advances that do not immediately make their displeasure known to those chosen partners. If they are fuming mad at behavior they do not demand be stopped, then explain to me why they do not demand it be stopped. Expecting a husband to not show physical affection toward his wife when his wife has not demanded he refrain from that is a very curious attitude.

I am a married woman with many friends who are either married or in committed relationships. The women do in fact complain, the husband's ignore the complaint or laugh. That is typical behavior.

Side note- it isn't "affection" if the person on the receiving end doesn't view it as such.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am a married woman with many friends who are either married or in committed relationships. The women do in fact complain, the husband's ignore the complaint or laugh. That is typical behavior.

Side note- it isn't "affection" if the person on the receiving end doesn't view it as such.

I agree if the person does not desire physical contact it is not seen a affection whether it is offered as such or not. I'm sorry your husband and those husbands and significant others of your friends are so intractable. If they persist in defying your demands , I suggest you all go to the authorities and get restraining orders. They will soon stop laughing.

Reactions: Sam91
Upvote 0

overit

Veteran
Sep 26, 2006
✟17,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I have to agree- there are times it's welcome and times it is not....especially if you are rushed, trying to do something, and they are told to stop and get offended or ignore it. This is spot on. It's simply about respecting eachother's time/space/person.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PreviouslySeeking...

May 9, 2017
Seattle
✟85,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
I agree if the person does not desire physical contact it is not seen a affection whether it is offered as such or not. I'm sorry your husband and those husbands and significant others of your friends are so intractable. If they persist in defying your demands , I suggest you all go to the authorities and get restraining orders. They will soon stop laughing.

This isn't a joke. Over 50% of rapes are committed by husbands and boyfriends - it isn't merely the partners of women I know.

Upvote 0

AnnaDeborah

Aug 5, 2018
private
✟30,123.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This is true-it's actually the biggest reason I left the church. Not to mention COUNTLESS others
The responses of many of those identifying as 'Christian male' on this forum has certainly helped explain why the church has often been the least-safe place for me to be over the years.

Reactions: overit
Upvote 0

overit

Veteran
Sep 26, 2006
✟17,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This isn't a joke. Over 50% of rapes are committed by husbands and boyfriends - it isn't merely the partners of women I know.
Yep. Of course over 15 years ago I divorced the jerk, I broke up w/a fiance as well over it....I have to say my current husband/relationship is entirely different. We may have other struggles but these things have never been an issue.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I am not joking. I am deadly serious. I would never treat my wife in the way in which you have described being treated. Spousal abuse needs to be stomped out. If the males in your lives are intractable, you must go to the authorities. What other recourse is there? If 50 % of rapes are committed by husbands and boyfriends it must be stopped and if women are incapable of stopping them because the males are not taking the female's demands seriously then the authorities must be called in.

Upvote 0

PreviouslySeeking...

May 9, 2017
Seattle
✟85,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Yep. Of course over 15 years ago I divorced the jerk, I broke up w/a fiance as well over it....I have to say my current husband/relationship is entirely different. We may have other struggles but these things have never been an issue.

Been there. The rape was the final straw with my ex husband and I left him. He was Christian, believed in a very restrictive submissive wife doctrine - he believed he owned me.

No such problems with my hubby now. He restored my faith that some folks are decent and loving.

• Friendly
Reactions: overit
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

PreviouslySeeking...

May 9, 2017
Seattle
✟85,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
I am not joking. I am deadly serious. I would never treat my wife in the way in which you have described being treated. Spousal abuse needs to be stomped out. If the males in your lives are intractable, you must go to the authorities. What other recourse is there? If 50 % of rapes are committed by husbands and boyfriends it must be stopped and if women are incapable of stopping them because the males are not taking the female's demands seriously then the authorities must be called in.

The reality is, while a woman might leave a man over rape, many will not over continued unwanted touching because it is so common -many doubt they would ever be free of it. Many women view sexual aggressiveness in men as typical behavior, not an individual character flaw.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The reality is, while a woman might leave a man over rape, many will not over continued unwanted touching because it is so common -many doubt they would ever be free of it. Many women view sexual aggressiveness in men as typical behavior, not an individual character flaw.

I did not tell you a woman has to leave. I advised that if the males will not take the females seriously then to let the authorities make clear to the males that the female has a right to decide if she can be touched or not. Sexual aggressiveness is a typical behavior but denying the expressed wishes of one's significant other about their own body is a character flaw.

Upvote 0

PreviouslySeeking...

May 9, 2017
Seattle
✟85,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married

The reality is, while a woman might leave a man over rape, many will not over continued unwanted touching because it is so common -many doubt they would ever be free of it. Many women view sexual aggressiveness
I did not tell you a woman has to leave. I advised that if the males will not take the females seriously then to let the authorities make clear to the males that the female has a right to decide if she can be touched or not. Sexual aggressiveness is a typical behavior but denying the expressed wishes of one's significant other about their own body is a character flaw.

I appreciate your logic.

Having been in that situation, let me just say that staying in a home with a man that you have had to call the police on- usually doesn't go well.

Pull a gun if you are ready to kill.
Call the police when you are ready to go.

Upvote 0