Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So you agree that the Apostles are in the Church, the body of Christ.

Hi prodromos,

I agree that the 12 apostles (pre-ascension) are IN Christ. Then I see from God`s word that they will rule under Him over the 12 tribes of Israel. (Matt. 19: 28)This will be from the city that comes down out of heaven to near the earth. (Rev. 21: 14)

I agree that the apostles (post ascension) that the Lord gave to His Body, (Eph. 4: 9 - 11)(eg. Paul, Silvanus & Timothy. 1 Thess. 1: 1, 2: 6) are also IN Christ. Then I see from God`s word that they will rule from Christ`s seat of power & authority, in the angelic realm. (Rev. 3: 21. Heb. 12: 22 & 23)

Thus I agree that all the apostles, (pre & post ascension) are IN Christ. However I see from God`s word that they will rule in different parts of God`s great kingdom.

regards, Marilyn.

Upvote 0

Eloy Craft

Myth only points, Truth happened!
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2018
Chandler
✟386,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Acts 9
and falling to the earth, he heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why dost thou persecute me?

5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I AM Jesus.
The Apostles were persecuted. Jesus calls all the persecuted 'me' without distinction.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,181,089.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hi prodromos,

I agree that the 12 apostles (pre-ascension) are IN Christ. Then I see from God`s word that they will rule under Him over the 12 tribes of Israel. (Matt. 19: 28)This will be from the city that comes down out of heaven to near the earth. (Rev. 21: 14)

I agree that the apostles (post ascension) that the Lord gave to His Body, (Eph. 4: 9 - 11)(eg. Paul, Silvanus & Timothy. 1 Thess. 1: 1, 2: 6) are also IN Christ. Then I see from God`s word that they will rule from Christ`s seat of power & authority, in the angelic realm. (Rev. 3: 21. Heb. 12: 22 & 23)

Thus I agree that all the apostles, (pre & post ascension) are IN Christ. However I see from God`s word that they will rule in different parts of God`s great kingdom.

regards, Marilyn.
Good, we are making progress, because that is very different to what you stated in Post#15

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Acts 9
and falling to the earth, he heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why dost thou persecute me?

5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I AM Jesus.
The Apostles were persecuted. Jesus calls all the persecuted 'me' without distinction.

Hi Eloy,

I agree that all are IN Christ. Then we are told in God`s word that there are different rulership positions for different groups.

`you (12 disciples)...will also sit on 12 thrones, judging the 12 tribes of Israel.` (Matt. 19: 28)

regards, Marilyn.

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good, we are making progress, because that is very different to what you stated in Post#15

Hi prodromos,

This is my post 15. So what have I changed?

Yes built on the apostles and prophets that Christ gave after His ascension. (Eph. 4: 12 - 13) And the Lord is still building His Church and giving those ministries to continue till He comes.

The 12 apostles are NOT part of the Body of Christ, the church, but will rule over the 12 tribes of Israel from the new Jerusalem. (Matt. 19: 28, Rev. 21: 14)

Remember that Peter had to be admonished by the apostle Paul because Peter was trying to get the Gentile believers to behave as Jews. (Gal. 2: 11 - 16)

regards, Marilyn.

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You stated that the 12 Apostles are not in the body of Christ. Now you are agreeing that they ARE in Christ.

Yes, the 12 apostles are in Christ BUT not in the Body of Christ. That is a different purpose. We are told that the 12 apostles will rule over the 12 tribes of Israel from the new Jerusalem which comes down out of heaven from God.

The Body of Christ does not rule from there but from Mount Zion in the angelic realm.

`you have come to mount Zion......to the innumerable company of angels, to the general assembly and church of the first-born who are registered in heaven.` (Heb. 12: 22 & 23)

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,181,089.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Yes, the 12 apostles are in Christ BUT not in the Body of Christ. That is a different purpose. We are told that the 12 apostles will rule over the 12 tribes of Israel from the new Jerusalem which comes down out of heaven from God.

The Body of Christ does not rule from there but from Mount Zion in the angelic realm.

`you have come to mount Zion......to the innumerable company of angels, to the general assembly and church of the first-born who are registered in heaven.` (Heb. 12: 22 & 23)
How can they be in Christ but not in the body of Christ? Is Christ divided? Did you come up with this on your own, or is it the teaching of your Church?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How can they be in Christ but not in the body of Christ? Is Christ divided? Did you come up with this on your own, or is it the teaching of your Church?

Is that your opinion? I don`t see any discussion of the scriptures I posted.

And it is NOT my own thoughts but what is in God`s word. Yes the church organisation teaches this, as it is scriptural.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,181,089.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Is that your opinion? I don`t see any discussion of the scriptures I posted.

And it is NOT my own thoughts but what is in God`s word. Yes the church organisation teaches this, as it is scriptural.
No Church that I know of teaches this because it is not God's word, but rather your misinterpretation of the same. Peter spoke of people like you in 2 Peter 3:16

Upvote 0

Eloy Craft

Myth only points, Truth happened!
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2018
Chandler
✟386,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, the 12 apostles are in Christ BUT not in the Body of Christ.
Hello Marilyn. how are "in Christ" and "in the body of Christ" distinguished one from the other. What does "in" mean? Thank you.

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No Church that I know of teaches this because it is not God's word, but rather your misinterpretation of the same. Peter spoke of people like you in 2 Peter 3:16

Now prodromos,

When someone can`t support their view they can often resort to accusing & putting down the other person. And this is what you are doing. You have not done the work, as God says -

` Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth...` (2 Tim. 2: 15)

Where is your work showing that what I have written is not correct?

All we can read is your accusation and attacking the person, (me). That is not discussing. And BTW as you are not omniscient, (all knowing) then your statement `no church that I know...` is no evidence to support your view.

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello Marilyn. how are "in Christ" and "in the body of Christ" distinguished one from the other. What does "in" mean? Thank you.

Hi Eloy,

What a friendly face and good question. Yes that is the next logical point we need to discuss.

`In Christ.` Let`s start at that wonderful scripture in Ephesians.

`God...having made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His good pleasure which He purposed in Himself, that in the dispensation of the fullness of the times, He might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven and which are on earth - in Christ.` (Eph. 1: 9 & 10)

So we see that all things will come into harmony, unity under Christ`s rulership. (1 Cor. 15: 28)

Then the apostle Paul by the Holy Spirit goes on in his letter to the Ephesians concerning our position, our righteous standing before God - in Christ.

`But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been made near by the blood of Christ. For He Himself is our peace...For through Him we both have access by one Spirit to the Father.` (Eph. 2: 13, 14, & 18)

And this `in Christ,` is righteousness with access to the Father, & is for OT saints, 12 disciples, & the Body of Christ.

So then you ask - `how are "in Christ" and "in the body of Christ" distinguished one from the other. What does "in" mean?`

`In Christ` (as I can see from scripture) is our righteous position, (because of Christ`s sacrifice) before God and then with access to the Father by His Holy Spirit.

Then `in the Body of Christ,` refers to being `set` in the Body by the Holy Spirit for a purpose.

`But now God has set the members each one of them, in the body just as He pleased.` (1 Cor. 12: 18)

Their purpose is to rule with Christ on His own throne on Mount Zion in the angelic realm. (the highest).

`to him who overcomes I will grant to sit with me on my throne as I also overcame and sat down with my Father on His throne.` (Rev. 3: 21)

`I (Father) have set my King (Christ) on my holy hill of Zion.` (Ps. 2: 6)

So then `in the city` ( as I see it from scripture) is for those who have been promised that inheritance and looked for it.

` ...for he waited for the city which has foundations, whose builder and maker is God..` (Heb. 11: 10)
` God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them.` (Heb. 11: 16)
`Now the wall of the city had 12 foundations, and on them were the names of the 12 apostles of the Lamb.` (Rev. 21: 14)
`you (12 apostles) will sit on 12 thrones, judging the 12 tribes of Israel.` (Matt. 19: 28)

This rulership purpose is for the lower heavens, for the city comes down out of the highest heaven from God, to rule above the earth over the 12 tribes of Israel. They are on the earth ruling over the nations of the earth. (Rev. 21: 24)

Hope that is not too much in one post there.

regards, Marilyn.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

concretecamper

Member of His Church
Nov 23, 2013
PA
✟274,985.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
making a distinction between "in Christ" and being part of "His Body" is surely odd. Paul seems to think they are the same thing.

1 Cor 12:13 For in one Spirit were we all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Gentiles, whether bond or free: and in one Spirit we have all been made to drink.

Romans 6:3 Know you not that all we who are baptized in Christ Jesus are baptized in his death?

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
making a distinction between "in Christ" and being part of "His Body" is surely odd. Paul seems to think they are the same thing.

1 Cor 12:13 For in one Spirit were we all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Gentiles, whether bond or free: and in one Spirit we have all been made to drink.

Romans 6:3 Know you not that all we who are baptized in Christ Jesus are baptized in his death?

Hi cc,

Just because you may not have heard or thought of something does not make it `odd.`

So who is Paul referring to? The Old testament saints? No, but the Body of Christ, for the apostle Paul was the one to whom the Lord gave the revelation of the Body of Christ. It was not known before, and thus those previously were not in that purpose. God has another purpose for them.

Upvote 0

concretecamper

Member of His Church
Nov 23, 2013
PA
✟274,985.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Just because you may not have heard or thought of something does not make it `odd.`
making up your own meaning of scripture is odd.
So who is Paul referring to? The Old testament saints? No, but the Body of Christ, for the apostle Paul was the one to whom the Lord gave the revelation of the Body of Christ. It was not known before, and thus those previously were not in that purpose. God has another purpose for them.
avoiding my post I see. Ok.

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
making up your own meaning of scripture is odd.
avoiding my post I see. Ok.

So you can say `making up your own etc etc.` I can then say the same, then you say it again, and so on & on & on. What profit is that? Where is the being -

` diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth...` (2 Tim. 2: 15)

Where is your `work` discussing those scriptures I have posted?

Why do I get `odd,` `you`re making it up,`by you, and accusing & putting down by prodromos?

Do some work and discuss the scriptures otherwise you are just left with attacking the person and not discussing the topic. very poor indeed!

I wasn`t avoiding but referring to the Apostle Paul who received that revelation of the Body of Christ, (Jews & gentiles, baptised into Christ).

What I find `odd` is that people are not referring to the scriptures I have quoted and discussed those.

Upvote 0