United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Our Lady of Guadalupe

The article gives a brief summary of Our Lady of Guadalupe, but there is one part from the reflection that I'd like to call to attention:

According to a contemporary chronicler, nine million Indians became Catholic in a very short time. In these days when we hear so much about God’s preferential option for the poor, Our Lady of Guadalupe cries out to us that God’s love for and identification with the poor is an age-old truth that stems from the Gospel itself.

Whatever you may think of Marian apparitions, clearly they have lasting effects on the world.

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Our Lady of Guadalupe

The article gives a brief summary of Our Lady of Guadalupe, but there is one part from the reflection that I'd like to call to attention:

According to a contemporary chronicler, nine million Indians became Catholic in a very short time. In these days when we hear so much about God’s preferential option for the poor, Our Lady of Guadalupe cries out to us that God’s love for and identification with the poor is an age-old truth that stems from the Gospel itself.

Whatever you may think of Marian apparitions, clearly they have lasting effects on the world.

Matthew 7:21-23...……..
"Not every one that saith unto me, LORD, LORD, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, LORD, LORD, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

John 14:6...……..
"Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

• Agree
Reactions: Hieronymus
Upvote 0

concretecamper

Member of His Church
Nov 23, 2013
PA
✟274,884.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Our Lady of Guadalupe

1517 the Reformation pulls 6,000,000 souls from His Church

1531 Our Lady appears to pagan Mexico and brings 9,000,000 into the Church.

Our Lady 1
Protestantism 0

:amen::clap::oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

What U See is What U Get!
Site Supporter
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Religious imagery of Our Lady of Guadalupe appears in Roman Catholic parishes, especially those with Latin American heritage.In addition, due to the growth of Hispanic communities in the United States, religious imagery of Our Lady of Guadalupe has started appearing in some Anglican, Lutheran, and Methodist churches.

The iconography of the Virgin is fully Catholic.Miguel Sanchez, the author of the 1648 tract Imagen de la Virgen María, described her as the Woman of the Apocalypse from the New Testament's Revelation 12:1, "clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars.” She is described as a representation of the Immaculate Conception.

Virgil Elizondo says the image also had layers of meaning for the indigenous people of Mexico who associated her image with their polytheistic deities, which further contributed to her popularity. Her blue-green mantle was the color reserved for the divine couple Ometecuhtli and Omecihuatl; her belt is interpreted as a sign of pregnancy; and a cross-shaped image, symbolizing the cosmos and called nahui-ollin, is inscribed beneath the image's sash. She was called "mother of maguey," the source of the sacred beverage pulque. Pulque was also known as "the milk of the Virgin."The rays of light surrounding her are seen to also represent maguey spines.

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
1517 the Reformation pulls 6,000,000 souls from His Church

1531 Our Lady appears to pagan Mexico and brings 9,000,000 into the Church.

Our Lady 1
Protestantism 0

:amen::clap::oldthumbsup:

You said...……..
"1517 the Reformation pulls 6,000,000 souls from His Church."

THANK GOD! No more selling salvation! Martin Luther Nails 95 Theses to The Church Door.

Then you said...….
"1531 Our Lady appears to pagan Mexico and brings 9,000,000 into the Church."

We must be careful to take the messages of the disciples of the “Queen of Heaven” at face value.

First of all. The Jewish girl Miriam has no authority to appear to us.

There is nothing in the Bible that points to such appearances.
She is not mentioned in the Prophetic Word, neither in the book of Daniel, nor in the Apocalypse of John. In the last book of the Bible, it is explained to us two very different women. One is the nation of Israel, the other a harlot. Neither one allow for them to be Mary, the mother of Jesus.

Not a single word of Jesus gives us the reason to elevate this Torah obeying Jewish girl, who were blessed among woman. Not blessed above them.

Paul explains to us that there will be false apostles among us, massacring as apostles of “Christ”. According to the Bible, it is No doubt that Satan can appear as an angle of light.

The message from the ghost to Juan Diego gives us reasons to believe the Mexican have been deceived:

Lets take a look at the message he received:

“I am your compassionate Mother, yours and that of all the people that live together in this land,” she continued, “and also of all the other various lineages of men.”

The Jewish virgin never claim to be the mother of “all lineages of men”.
This is not a message from the Bible, or from God.

Further we can read, in the message from the Catholic news agency CNA......

"She asked Juan Diego to make a request of the local bishop. “I want very much that they build my sacred little house here”—a house dedicated to her son Jesus Christ, on the site of a former pagan temple, that would “show him” to all Mexicans and “exalt him” throughout the world.

Source: CNA

The Pagan Mexicans had no problem to accept this message. because the Pagans believe that their “gods” comes and lives in their temples.

SOURCES:Catholic Mary appeared at pagan temple site in Mexico

• Agree
Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

What U See is What U Get!
Site Supporter
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
APPARITION:

apparition. (NOUN)

a ghost or ghostlike image of a person.
synonyms:
ghost · phantom · specter · spirit · wraith · shadow · presence · vision · hallucination ·

An apparition is someone you see or think you see
but who is not really there as a physical being.
The patient recognized one of the women as the apparition she had seen. ...these apparitions of the Virgin.

Upvote 0

concretecamper

Member of His Church
Nov 23, 2013
PA
✟274,884.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
First of all. The Jewish girl Miriam has no authority to appear to us.
She has whatever authority her Son Grant's to her.
There is nothing in the Bible that points to such appearances
considering the appearance in question happened over 1400 years after the books of the bible were written, I agree the bible doesnt say anything about Guadeloupe.
She is not mentioned in the Prophetic Word, neither in the book of Daniel, nor in the Apocalypse of John. In the last book of the Bible,
Hmmm....Lady clothed with the sun, moon at her feet.....ever take a look at an image of Our Lady of Guadalupe?
Not a single word of Jesus gives us the reason to elevate this Torah obeying Jewish girl, who were blessed among woman. Not blessed above them.
Elevate to where?
Paul explains to us that there will be false apostles among us, massacring as apostles of “Christ”. According to the Bible, it is No doubt that Satan can appear as an angle of light.
yep, this could refer to protestantism.
The Jewish virgin never claim to be the mother of “all lineages of men”.
This is not a message from the Bible, or from God.
You cannot have Christ as your brother without having Mary as your Mother.
Further we can read, in the message from the Catholic news agency CNA......

"She asked Juan Diego to make a request of the local bishop. “I want very much that they build my sacred little house here”—a house dedicated to her son Jesus Christ, on the site of a former pagan temple, that would “show him” to all Mexicans and “exalt him” throughout the world.

Source: CNA

The Pagan Mexicans had no problem to accept this message. because the Pagans believe that their “gods” comes and lives in their temples.

SOURCES:Catholic Mary appeared at pagan temple site in Mexico
what is your point here?

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
She has whatever authority her Son Grant's to her.
considering the appearance in question happened over 1400 years after the books of the bible were written, I agree the bible doesnt say anything about Guadeloupe.

Hmmm....Lady clothed with the sun, moon at her feet.....ever take a look at an image of Our Lady of Guadalupe?

Elevate to where?
yep, this could refer to protestantism.

You cannot have Christ as your brother without having Mary as your Mother.
what is your point here?

You asked...…………
"what is your point here? "

Simply to show that when Bible Truth is rejected, men will fall for anything that comes along.

The truth, the evidence is the painting of the vision made by herself in an instant of time on the cloak of the only witness, Juan Diego. This image is called the Tilma. If she did this then apparitions without this or similar evidence have to be dubious.

Science and its instruments have shown that there is evidence that the Lady was sketched before she was painted and the fingers have been shortened and the irises are outlined.

The evidence than argues against the idea that the picture appeared as a result of an instant miracle by the Virgin Mary. The images of the people in the room are supposed to appear reflected in the right eye. But these images are so vague that they could be anything. Such delusions show what tone that books that defend the miracle take.

Again, people will believe anything when the truth is rejected.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
a.k.a
Protestantism (Henry VIII, Luther, Calvin, Pastor Billy Bob, etc)

I do not know of a Pastor Billy Bob.

That sounds to me like you are being sarcastic and disrespectful.

If you are then is it permitted for the rest of us to do the same to RCC priests?

Upvote 0

concretecamper

Member of His Church
Nov 23, 2013
PA
✟274,884.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Major1
Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Many people just dont get it. Mary always leads people to her Son.

That maybe due to Exodus 20:3 & 4...……..
"You shall have no other gods before me."

"You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Your comment/signature says...…….
"The Nature of the Catholic faith is such that nothing can be added to it, nothing taken away. Either it is held in its entirety or it is rejected totally. This is the Catholic faith which, unless a man believes faithfully and firmly, he cannot be saved"....Pope Benedict XV".

I just love that!

It makes me laugh and in these days we all need a sense of humor. Consider the words above and then know reality...……..

Purgatory
Immersion of infants who are dying, but considered sinless. (Tertullian V.12)
Baptism by sprinkling for adults instead of immersion
Prayers for the dead
Special dress code of the clergy in worship
The date for Easter was set.
Nice, 325, to forbid entirely the marriage of priests
Praying to Mary & Saints.
Mariolatry begins with Gregory Nazianzen
Exhalation of Virgin Mary: "Mother of God" first applied by the Council of Ephesus
Lent

If that is not enough just say so and we can list about 50 more non-Biblical practices done by the RCC.

Thanks for the laugh my friend!

Upvote 0

concretecamper

Member of His Church
Nov 23, 2013
PA
✟274,884.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Your comment/signature says...…….
"The Nature of the Catholic faith is such that nothing can be added to it, nothing taken away. Either it is held in its entirety or it is rejected totally. This is the Catholic faith which, unless a man believes faithfully and firmly, he cannot be saved"....Pope Benedict XV".

I just love that!

It makes me laugh and in these days we all need a sense of humor. Consider the words above and then know reality...……..

Purgatory
Immersion of infants who are dying, but considered sinless. (Tertullian V.12)
Baptism by sprinkling for adults instead of immersion
Prayers for the dead
Special dress code of the clergy in worship
The date for Easter was set.
Nice, 325, to forbid entirely the marriage of priests
Praying to Mary & Saints.
Mariolatry begins with Gregory Nazianzen
Exhalation of Virgin Mary: "Mother of God" first applied by the Council of Ephesus
Lent

If that is not enough just say so and we can list about 50 more non-Biblical practices done by the RCC.

Thanks for the laugh my friend!
It's been there for a while. I guess when your out of any credible points to make, one resorts to this. So sad.

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It's been there for a while. I guess when your out of any credible points to make, one resorts to this. So sad.

I am sure it has. I just read it today. I guess I did not think it was all too important.

I guess that your understanding of real historical and proven teachings are not credible to you.

Now that is what is sad. Did you need more than the 10 to be credible my friend?

Do you need 20 or 30??? Just let me know.

Upvote 0