Exercise daily -- walk with the Lord.
Nov 14, 2006
✟11,256.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Revelations 12
1And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:
2And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.
3And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.
4And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.
5And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.
6And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.
7And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
8And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
9And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
10And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
11And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
12Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.
13And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child.
14And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.
15And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood.
16And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth.
17And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.
1st of all, that is John's vision in the spirit. Secondly, it is disputable... Many believe that Revelation 12 speaks of Israel...You can assume it is Mary if you want. You can do better than that can't you?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

polishbeast

Servant of Jesus
Apr 14, 2008
UCF
✟9,439.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
1st of all, that is John's vision in the spirit. Secondly, it is disputable... Revelation 13 speaks of the nation of Israel...You can assume it is Mary if you want. You can do better than that can't you?

You can assume it isnt Mary, it is up to you. Here is a prayer that came from Our Lady of Fatima, "O my Jesus, forgive us of our sins. Save us from the fires of hell. Lead all souls into heaven, especially those in most need of thy mercy."

If this was the work of Satan, wouldnt he be casting himself out here? As you know Satan cannot cast out Satan.

Upvote 0

DArceri

Nov 14, 2006
✟11,256.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You can assume it isnt Mary, it is up to you. Here is a prayer that came from Our Lady of Fatima, "O my Jesus, forgive us of our sins. Save us from the fires of hell. Lead all souls into heaven, especially those in most need of thy mercy."

If this was the work of Satan, wouldnt he be casting himself out here? As you know Satan cannot cast out Satan.
I UNDERSTAND YOU COMPLETELY....TRADITION WRITINGS OVER SCRIPTURE....GOOD LUCK WITH THAT.

Upvote 0

polishbeast

Servant of Jesus
Apr 14, 2008
UCF
✟9,439.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I UNDERSTAND YOU COMPLETELY....TRADITION WRITINGS OVER SCRIPTURE....GOOD LUCK WITH THAT.

Actually I was just referencing Mark 3:23 And applying it to this situation. I didnt even mention any tradition in that post...

Upvote 0

DArceri

Nov 14, 2006
✟11,256.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Actually I was just referencing Mark 3:23 And applying it to this situation. I didnt even mention any tradition in that post...
Explain yourself? What does Mark 3:23 have to do with a church that can be decieved by man's traditions? I suggest you reread REVELATION 2 & 3 in regards to the 7 churches.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

polishbeast

Servant of Jesus
Apr 14, 2008
UCF
✟9,439.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Explain yourself? What does Mark 3:23 have to do with a church that is decieved by man's traditions? I suggest you reread REVELATION 2 & 3 in regards to the 7 churches.

I dont know why you are bringing the traditions of Catholicism into this. I brought Mark 3:23 in regards to Fatima. And I did reread Revelation 2 and 3. What was your point?

Upvote 0

DArceri

Nov 14, 2006
✟11,256.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I dont know why you are bringing the traditions of Catholicism into this. I brought Mark 3:23 in regards to Fatima. And I did reread Revelation 2 and 3. What was your point?
I'll repeat...I have NO clue what you meant by bringing up Mk 3:23 with Fatima. Can you expound?

Upvote 0

polishbeast

Servant of Jesus
Apr 14, 2008
UCF
✟9,439.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'll repeat...I have NO clue what you meant by bringing up Mk 3:23 with Fatima. Can you expound?

I was clarifying for people who think that Fatima is the work of Satan that it cannot be, due to the message Our Lady gives at Fatima.

Upvote 0

DArceri

Nov 14, 2006
✟11,256.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I was clarifying for people who think that Fatima is the work of Satan that it cannot be, due to the message Our Lady gives at Fatima.
That is not exactly an argument. We are told by the Apostles that Satan and his demons decieve through miracles and signs too. Just because a certain church believes the sign or miracle doesn't make it real. This is why I brought up Rev 2 and 3. Also, if you go back to my post that you responded to, you'll see that my comment says... 'CAREFULL' !!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DArceri

Nov 14, 2006
✟11,256.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So I take it you believe Fatima is the work of the Devil?
Just a 1% chance that it could be the work of Satan makes me step back!!! Scripture warns us of signs, miracles, and wonders. Rev 2 and 3 is proof that churches can be decieved. Reread my post #16.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

polishbeast

Servant of Jesus
Apr 14, 2008
UCF
✟9,439.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Just a 1% chance that it could be the work of Satan makes me step back!!! Scripture warns us of signs, miracles, and wonders. Reread my post #16.

2 Thessalonians 2 is dealing with prophesies concerning Jesus' 2nd coming and with the Antichrist. You are saying all signs and miracles are bad. Yet Jesus said those who followed Him would do even greater things than He has. And He tells us in Mark 16:17-18 17And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; 18they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well."

Not all signs are the work of Satan. I believe this was already posted in this thread but I will post it again, Matthew 7:15-20 15"Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17Likewise every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. 19Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

Upvote 0

DArceri

Nov 14, 2006
✟11,256.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
2 Thessalonians 2 is dealing with prophesies concerning Jesus' 2nd coming and with the Antichrist. You are saying all signs and miracles are bad. Yet Jesus said those who followed Him would do even greater things than He has. And He tells us in Mark 16:17-18 17And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; 18they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well."

Not all signs are the work of Satan. I believe this was already posted in this thread but I will post it again, Matthew 7:15-20 15"Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17Likewise every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. 19Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.
I already said that just a 1% chance that an apparition can be from Satan's handy work makes me skeptical. That being said, no where in scripture, nor even in Catholism, does it state that one must believe in apparations. Some Catholics believe them, and some reject them. As far as the apparation of Fatima is concerned, show me where there is a doctrine on this topic. You can't....Again, my message is clear from the start...BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU BELEIVE AND DON'T TAKE YOUR EYE OFF THE PERSON AND WORK OF CHRIST. Alot of this apparition stuff I belieive can turn into a stumbling block and that is exactly what Satan wants. I need to go. GOD BLESS.

Upvote 0

boswd

Jan 2, 2008
✟6,566.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Maybe you could show me where the bible says pray to someone else other than God and...many souls will be saved and you will have peace?????????????????

And maybe you could show us exactly how the apparition of Mary at Fatima contradicts scripture. ;)

Upvote 0

lionroar0

Coffee drinker
Jul 10, 2004
✟20,401.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Can you show me in scripture where an apparition of the Mother Mary was used as a sign?

Can you show me in Scripture where everything is laid out in a neat little package. So that everyone that reads Scriptures has the same interpretation w/ out any disagreements???

Peace

Upvote 0

Rebekah30

Apr 9, 2007
floating on Ceres
✟13,085.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I already said that just a 1% chance that an apparition can be from Satan's handy work makes me skeptical.
You sound like the Pharisees in Matthew 12, attributing Jesus's miracles to
satan. They were skeptical too
That being said, no where in scripture, nor even in Catholism, does it state that one must believe in apparations. Some Catholics believe them, and some reject them.
Correct on both points.
Private revelations need not be accepted but they are deemed worthy to the faithful.

As far as the apparation of Fatima is concerned, show me where there is a doctrine on this topic. You can't....

No need for a doctrine on Fatima.
The church approved it. That is all that needs to be said.
Again, my message is clear from the start...BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU BELEIVE AND DON'T TAKE YOUR EYE OFF THE PERSON AND WORK OF CHRIST.

I agree 100 percent.
Alot of this apparition stuff I belieive can turn into a stumbling block and that is exactly what Satan wants. I need to go. GOD BLESS.

True that is what satan wants, but it isn't going to happen, can't happen.

Unless someone thinks a call to repentance, prayer, obedience to God a stumbling block.

Reactions: magdiel
Upvote 0

DArceri

Nov 14, 2006
✟11,256.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You sound like the Pharisees in Matthew 12, attributing Jesus's miracles to
satan. They were skeptical too.

LOL....There's a HUGE difference..... I look to Christ!!!! The Pharisees looked to themselves (self-righteous). They were the keepers of the oracles of God and sought Scripture for their Messiah and yet He was standing right in front of them the whole time. In regards to the Church, scripture does not tells us to look for signs and miracles other than end-time signs and Christ coming down from the clouds the same way He went up........BTW, Jesus Himself warns us of being decieved by signs and wonders. IOW, signs and wonders WILL happen, but they will be from the spirit of antichrist, not Christ Himself. So yes, I am skeptical of any apparition.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rebekah30

Apr 9, 2007
floating on Ceres
✟13,085.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
LOL....There's a HUGE difference..... I look to Christ!!!! The Pharisees looked to themselves (self-righteous). They were the keepers of the oracles of God and sought Scripture for their Messiah and yet He was standing right in front of them the whole time. In regards to the Church, scripture does not tells us to look for signs and miracles other than end-time signs and Christ coming down from the clouds the same way He went up........BTW, Jesus Himself warns us of being decieved by signs and wonders. IOW, signs and wonders WILL happen, but they will be from the spirit of antichrist, not Christ Himself. So yes, I am skeptical of any apparition.
We all look to Christ. :)

If anything detracts from that it should be abandoned immediately!

Sign and wonders...........look in context everywhere it scripture speaks of signs and wonders.
We see them done by the righteous. We don't need nor want to look for them, but they do happen!

Acts 2:43 And awe came upon every soul, and many wonders and signs were being done through the apostles.

Acts 5:12 Now many signs and wonders were regularly done among the people by the hands of the apostles. And they were all together in Solomon's Portico.

Acts 6:8 And Stephen, full of grace and power, was doing great wonders and signs among the people.

Acts 14:2 But the unbelieving Jews stirred up the Gentiles and poisoned their minds against the brothers.
3 So they remained for a long time, speaking boldly for the Lord, who bore witness to the word of his grace, granting signs and wonders to be done by their hands.
4 But the people of the city were divided; some sided with the Jews and some with the apostles.

Rom 15:18 For I will not venture to speak of anything except what Christ has accomplished through me to bring the Gentiles to obedience--by word and deed,
19 by the power of signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God--so that from Jerusalem and all the way around to Illyricum I have fulfilled the ministry of the gospel of Christ;

2 Cor 12:12 The signs of a true apostle were performed among you with utmost patience, with signs and wonders and mighty works.

If something or someone doesn't lead someone closer to Christ and leads them away from Him, dismiss it.
Mary doesn't.
She points to Christ and asks us to repent, pray and be obedient to Him.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.