Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Read this from the book "The King is Coming: Preparing to Meet Jesus"

(page 180)

"I think it was C.S. Lewis who said that our ability to imagine what eternity will be like is like two infants in a womb talking about what they will be doing once they are born and are 25-years-old."

I just thought that was interesting!

God bless!

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
We already have an idea, One we will be living on the new earth, which i am guessing will be close to what we have now, except without sin, death,

It looks like we will have injuries, but with out the pain., God gives leaves for healing.

Upvote 0

Spiritual Jew

Amillennialist
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2020
MI
✟308,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

(page 180)

"I think it was C.S. Lewis who said that our ability to imagine what eternity will be like is like two infants in a womb talking about what they will be doing once they are born and are 25-years-old."

God bless!
Yes, it is. And, if, with our finite minds, we could imagine what eternity would be like, that would be disappointing. I believe it will be beyond anything we can imagine. This is part of the reason why I see the description of the new Jerusalem and other heavenly things in Revelation as all being figurative because it can't be explained in a literal sense that the human mind can understand.

Paul saw the third heaven (paradise) and could not even describe what he saw or heard.

2 Cor 12:2 I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven. Whether it was in the body or out of the body I do not know—God knows. 3 And I know that this man—whether in the body or apart from the body I do not know, but God knows— 4 was caught up to paradise and heard inexpressible things, things that no one is permitted to tell.

Reactions: friend of
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

(page 180)

God bless!

Except to the extent that instead of God asking us to "imagine it" He takes the time to describe it to us -

Upvote 0