United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have Never claimed a " works gospel".
I have been stating what is in the Bible that this thread denies that not all will be saved.
We must repent & believe with Faith in Jesus is the Christ who paid the ransom for sin.
There is no universal salvation for all, there is no good works that can save , it is only by repenting & believing with Faith in Jesus Christ so the gospel is conditional on the individual's belief and faith in Jesus & being baptized of the Holy Spirit as it is written in the scriptures.

Mark 16:15
"15 And HE said unto them, " Go into all the world and preach the Gospel to every creature. 16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.…

Ephesians 2:8 "8 For it is By grace you have been saved through FAITH, and this is not from yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.…"

Explain how the physical act of being baptized is NOT a "WORK" required for Salvation?

Upvote 0

Pedra

Mar 6, 2015
✟36,360.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Pedra said:
I have Never claimed a " works gospel".
Works.....................

Gal 5:
19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery,[fn] fornication, uncleanness, lewdness,
20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies,
21 envy, murders,[fn] drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Eph 5:
8 For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light
9 (for the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness, righteousness, and truth),
10 finding out what is acceptable to the Lord.
11And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them.

Jeremiah 17:10
I Yahweh, searching heart
, examining the affections/kidneys/ 03629 kilyah
and giving to man ways of him, as fruit of his doings. [Revelation 2:23]

Revelation 2:23
And the offspring of her I shall be killing in death, and shall be knowing all the Out-Calleds that I AM the One searching kidneys/nefrouV <3510> and hearts
and I shall be giving to Ye each according to the works of Ye. [Jeremiah 17:10]

Revelation 14:13

Then I heard a voice from heaven saying to me,[fn] “Write: ‘Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on.' ” “Yes,” says the Spirit, “that they may rest from their labors, and their works follow them.”

Revelation 20:
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of the Life.
And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books.
13 The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them.
And they were judged, each one according to his works.
================================
Kindgdom Bible Studies Lambs Book of Life Part 1

Chapter Title Page

1. The Book of the Life of the Lamb 3

2. The Book of Life Written In the Heart 25

3. The Judgment Day 47

According to the Emphatic Diaglott the correct rendering of the latter part of this passage is: "The Book of the Life of the Lamb." Now, what is meant by this term – THE BOOK OF THE LIFE OF THE LAMB? The wise man said, "...of the making of many books there is no end..." (Eccl. 12:12). T
The book stores are filled to overflowing today with all types of books dealing with every aspect of earthly life. Even in the church world there are books setting forth every kind of viewpoint relating to God, the Bible, doctrine, Christian experience, and church order. However the subject material of most of these books largely contains a message of religious tradition and spiritual death. But God is also producing a book – a book containing a message of life. For the past two millenniums God, by His Holy Spirit, has been writing portions of this Book in the minds and hearts of His people.

"Paul wrote to the Corinthians, setting forth this truth, 'You are those who are openly shown to be a letter which exhibits Christ, this letter having been ministered (written) by us, not having been written with ink but by the Spirit of the living God, not on stone tablets but on tablets that are human hearts' (II Cor. 3:3, Wuest). OH TO BE A LETTER WHICH EXHIBITS CHRIST! That is the real intent and purpose of the dual function of the Word and the Spirit. And when we have put on the garment of the fullness of Christ, we will have become an epistle which exhibits Him. We should then understand and know that God is daily writing His truth upon our hearts, and He will continue to write upon our lives until we become all that the written word contains. It is also a great truth to know that the law of God, once written upon tables of stone, is now being written upon the tables of our hearts. The same finger of God that wrote the stone tablets is now writing upon the fleshly tables of our hearts. This is the new covenant, the covenant of the New Testament. The great distinction between the Old testament and the New is that the law which was written on stone tablets, and which could not be kept by unregenerate man, is now being written upon our hearts SO that by the power of the indwelling Christ, we are thus enabled to fulfill all the law because we have a new nature, the very nature of Christ.

THE JUDGMENT DAY

It is written: "God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil" (Eccl. 12:14), for, "God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ" (Rom. 2:16).
Ah – you will despair and shrink before God's judgments until you clearly understand that God does not open your book to destroy you – but to DELIVER YOU! God brings no man to judgment apart from the opening of his book. It is a divine law – God can never deliver you, nor any man, until the corruption in your heart has been drawn into outward manifestation, exposed, to be dealt with by God's stern and tender hand. When the inner nature erupts in some outward uncleanness, DO NOT DESPAIR! Thank God for exposing the deceitfulness and wickedness, cast yourself upon the tender mercies of the Lord, and yield yourself under His mighty hand that victory may be obtained in your earth.
We must never be discouraged when the motions of the flesh and the carnal mind overwhelm us, but neither should we become complacent about it, for God will send forth judgment unto victory however long it takes and however severe the dealings. He will never terminate His judgments until every man is conformed into the image of the glorious Son of God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I don't question what He taught at all.
I'm questioning YOUR INTERPRETATION.

I believe the scripture is clear that Jesus taught one must perform the WORK of being Baptized in order to be saved.
Do you disagree?
Whether agreeing or not, it does not have to be called "perform the WORK" ....

But as Jesus says "whoever believes and is immersed will be saved".....

it doesn't matter if someone calls it a work or not, does it?

Upvote 0

Pedra

Mar 6, 2015
✟36,360.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I don't question what He taught at all.
I'm questioning YOUR INTERPRETATION.

I believe the scripture is clear that Jesus taught one must perform the WORK of being Baptized in order to be saved.
Do you disagree?
No you literally are questioning Jesus words. It was only Jesus words I quote: He said , 5And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. 16 Whoever BELIEVES and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.…"
His words not mine.
Did you miss it? "BELIEVES" is the operative word.
btw, "baptism" refers to being born again by the Holy Spirit as Jesus told Nicodemus , Ye must be born again to get into the kingdom of heaven.

• Agree
Reactions: renniks
Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No you literally are questioning Jesus words.

Negative. I accept them at face value.
I don't attempt to devalue, or assign different meaning to them, they way you apparently do.

It was only Jesus words I quote: He said , 5And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. 16 Whoever BELIEVES and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.…"

Right... the WORK of the physical act of Baptism is a requirement along with Belief.

btw, "baptism" refers to being born again by the Holy Spirit as Jesus told Nicodemus , Ye must be born again to get into the kingdom of heaven.

What scripture teaches that this is Baptism?

Here's one that teaches what the Physical WORK of Baptism is:
Acts 8:38
So he commanded the chariot to stand still. And both Philip and the eunuch went down into the water, and he baptized him.

Do you disagree?

Last edited:
Reactions: Lazarus Short
Upvote 0

Lazarus Short

Apr 6, 2016
Independence, Missouri, USA
✟294,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
An observation:

Folks who subscribe to a God of judgment, condemnation and damnation...become judgmental, condemnatory and damning.

Folks who subscribe to a God of love and reconciliation...become happy, friendly and loving.

Someone on this thread will doubtless disagree, judging my observation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

martymonster

Veteran
Dec 15, 2006
✟175,709.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
An observation:

Folks who subscribe to a God of judgment, condemnation and damnation...become judgmental, condemnatory and damning.

Folks who subscribe to a God of love and reconciliation...become happy, friendly and loving.

Yep. People tend to become the God they worship.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
An observation:
Sounds a lot like this kind of Church...........

19cb414a90ecfc8eaaacf1ff9772e6e5.jpg

The Lake Of Fire

Is the GREAT CITY in Revelation symbolizing the LAKE OF FIRE?
Post #62
H1614 BRIMSTONE/SULFUR HEBREW Genesis 19:24 Revelation 9:17-18 and 14:10
Fire and brimstone/sulphur in the Bible

The equivalent Hebrew word for brimstone/sulphur is H1614.

1614 gophriyth gof-reeth' probably feminine of 1613;
properly, cypress- resin; by analogy, sulphur (as equally inflammable):--brimstone.
1613 gopher go'-fer from an unused root,
probably meaning to house in; a kind of tree or wood (as used for building), apparently the cypress:-- gopher.

Strong's Hebrew: 1614. גָּפְרִית (gophrith) -- brimstone

1614. gophrith

Strong's Hebrew 1614
7 Occurrences

gā·p̄ə·rîṯ — 4 Occ.
lə·ḡā·p̄ə·rîṯ — 1 Occ.
wə·ḡā·p̄ə·rîṯ — 2 Occ.

It is used in 7 verses

"Fire brimstone" occur together in 11 verses

Genesis 1:1 (NKJV)
fire brimstone occurs in 11 verses

4 verses in OT:

Genesis 19:24 [Luke 17:29]
Then Yahweh rained brimstone and fire on Sodom and Gomorrah,
from Yahweh from the heavens.
Psalms 11:6
Upon the wicked He will rain coals;
Fire and brimstone and a burning wind
Shall be the portion of their cup.
Isaiah 30:33
For Tophet was established of old, Yes, for the king it is prepared.
He has made it deep and large; Its pyre is fire with much wood;
The breath of the LORD, like a stream of brimstone,Kindles it.
Ezekiel 38:22
“And I will bring him to judgment with pestilence and bloodshed; I will rain down on him, on his troops, and on the many peoples who are with him, flooding rain, great hailstones, fire, and brimstone.
======================================
7 times in NT. Only 1 verse outside of Revelation

Luke 17:29 “but on the day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven and destroyed them all.
======================
Jer 17:27
But if you do not obey me to keep the Sabbath day holy by not carrying any load as you come through the gates of Jerusalem on the Sabbath day, then I will kindle an unquenchable fire in the gates of Jerusalem that will consume her fortresses.' ”
Jer 21:14
I will punish you as your deeds deserve, declares the LORD. I will kindle a fire in your forests that will consume everything around you.' ”
Jer 50:32
The arrogant one will stumble and fall and no one will help her up; I will kindle a fire in her towns that will consume all who are around her.”

Luke 12:49 Fire I came to be casting upon the Land and any I am willing if already it was kindled.
================================
6 verses Revelation [3 of those concerning the LoF]

Revelation 9:
17...... and out of their mouths came fire, smoke, and brimstone.
18 By these three blows/stripes a third of mankind was killed—by the fire and the smoke and the brimstone which came out of their mouths.

Revelation 14:10
“he himself shall also drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out full strength into the cup of His indignation. He shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb.

Rev 19:20
and the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet who did the signs before him, in which he led astray those who did receive the mark of the beast, and those who did bow before his image; living they were cast -- the two -- to the lake of the fire, that is burning with brimstone;
Rev 20:10
and the Devil, who is leading them astray, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where are the beast and the false prophet, and they shall be tormented day and night -- to the ages of the ages.
Rev 21:8
and to fearful, and unstedfast, and abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all the liars, their part is in the lake that is burning with fire and brimstone, which is a second death.'

Some facts about sulfur/brimstone:

Jeremiah 17:27

But if you do not obey me to keep the Sabbath day holy by not carrying any load as you come through the gates of Jerusalem on the Sabbath day, then I will kindle an unquenchable fire in the gates of Jerusalem that will consume her fortresses.' ”

Mark 9 YLT
42and whoever may cause to stumble one of the little ones believing in me, better is it for him if a millstone is hanged about his neck, and he hath been cast into the sea.
43‘And if thy hand may cause thee to stumble, cut it off; it is better for thee maimed to enter into the life, than having the two hands, to go away to the gehenna, to the fire — the unquenchable —44where there worm is not dying, and the fire is not being quenched.
45‘And if thy foot may cause thee to stumble, cut it off; it is better for thee to enter into the life lame, than having the two feet to be cast to the gehenna, to the fire — the unquenchable46where there worm is not dying, and the fire is not being quenched.
47And if thine eye may cause thee to stumble, cast it out; it is better for thee one-eyed to enter into the reign of God, than having two eyes, to be cast to the gehenna of the fire — 48where their worm is not dying, and the fire is not being quenched;
49for every one with fire shall be salted, and every sacrifice with salt shall be salted.

Reve 1:18 and the living One! And I became dead and behold! I am living into the Ages of the Ages amen. And I am having the Keys of the Hades and of the Death

touV aiwnaV <165> twn <3588> aiwnwn <165>

Reve 14:11 And the Smoke of the tormenting of them is ascending into Ages of Ages. And not they are having rest of Day and of Night the Ones worshipping the Beast ....................

eiV <1519> aiwnaV <165> aiwnwn <165>

Reve 19:3 and a second time They have declared "Hallelujah and the Smoke of Her is ascending into the Ages of the Ages"

eiV touV aiwnaV twn <3588> aiwnwn <165>

Reve 20:10 And the Devil, the one deceiving them, was cast into the Lake of the fire and of sulfur, the where also the Beast and the False-prophet. And they shall be being tormented of day and of night into the Ages of the Ages.

eiV <1519> touV <3588> aiwnaV <165> twn <3588> aiwnwn <165>

Reve 22:5 And night not is being there and need not they are having of a lamp and light of sun. That Lord the God shall be lighting them, and they shall reigning into the Ages of the Ages.

eiV <1519> touV <3588> aiwnaV <165> twn <3588> aiwnwn <165>

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
The Kingdom of His dear Son
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
A very dear friend of mine of the EOC posted this beautiful icon of the Pantocrator....................

Why Four Gospels?
Mar 20, 2011

4530644494_5f800d9a1c.jpg

Dear Little Lamb: That is a beautiful image. Unfortunately there are a few fundagelicals among us who cannot grasp the Pantokrator holds sway over everything.

Not Some, not only the especially, the all

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I recognize a false dichotomy when I see one. Yours, here, is glaringly apparent. It does not follow that because God is not a Saviour to some, that He is not a Saviour at all. A gun has the potential to shoot bullets but if the gun is never used to shoot bullets is it not, therefore, a gun, or unable to shoot bullets? Obviously not. In the same way, God's capacity to save is not contingent upon how much that capacity is exercised.

God IS the Saviour of ALL mankind: His middle Name is Lēsoús, Saviour of the whole broken children of Adam 1!

From Him the all, thru Him the all, in Him the all

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The Lord Jesus Christ declares in no uncertain terms He will helko all mankind unto Himself. He also cares for every common bird that falls. And yes, He loves all the children of the world, every last one of the little rascals are precious in His sight, even the 500+ ones who have died in the last minute under age 5 worldwide who have not been baptized.

“Vines notes that helko usually signifies an act of relative gentleness, as opposed to suro which means “drag.” [ Expository Dictionary , “Drag”].

This distinction may be important when the word is used to describe the divine drawing of men to Christ (John 6:44; 12:32).

Both the Song of Solomon 1:4 and Jeremiah 31:3 use this term to describe the inner compulsion or drawing of love. Thus the crucified Saviour draws the attention of all and the faith of some.” [ The Complete Biblical Library Greek - English Dictionary ]

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Why is it that you repeat that above about children? It's only a deflection & trying to evoke emotional response. You've done this before when confronted on your false representation of the Gospel, and been told children are responsible for their souls , the children are in heaven because they are children under the age of accountability and not adults who must take responsibility for their own decisions.
As if the children dying has anything to do with your misrepresenting the words of the Lord Himself and His Gospel of Salvation as has been pointed out.

There is no such animal as the age of accountability. We sin because that is our nature, the nature must be changed in every last one!

"Made sinners">>>>>"made righteous"

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Ahhh.....a little R & R?.......
Before you go, did you happen to gander at this post?

I am going to make a thread on it soon........

Our God The Consuming Fire

My friend, It was a small gander on my part and you should pursue the theme. Perhaps when you get it up my 2 cents can be posted (if Father keeps me breathing a mite longer).

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,528.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
God IS the Saviour of ALL mankind: His middle Name is Lēsoús, Saviour of the whole broken children of Adam 1!

From Him the all, thru Him the all, in Him the all

An obvious deflection of my points. It appears when you are pressed, you cannot actually defend your views. Instead, you resort to irrational logic and snarky labeling. Telling, I think.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.