MO.
✟249,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
It’s commonly known that nobody can avoid the problems of this life, but what is uncommon is knowing that those who are reborn can avoid allowing problems to escalate into “trouble” (Jhn 14:1, 27). If our walk is in obedience to His command here, it will manifest we are exercising our faith in that He “works everything together for good to them who love God” (Rom 8:28). Thus, there’s nothing valid within the life of the believer that could be considered trouble since all is used for our instruction in “being conformed to the image of His Son” (Rom 8:29; 2Cor 3:18); and there’s no occurring situation that can detract from maintaining joy in the Lord Jesus, unless we are often absent-minded in our gratitude as to where we always stand in Him concerning “eternal salvation” (Heb 5:9) and the present provisions therein (2Pet 1:3).

Those who “have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil” (Heb 5:14) can always know that regardless of what difficulty or discouragement God allows us to encounter, especially those self-incurred, are solely for our learning to believe that in His foreknowledge He has preplanned them to benefit our good, which are always related to “growing up into Him in all things” (Eph 4:15). To me, it’s merely a matter of being still and patiently waiting it out!

I believe the “peace” Christ has “left” to us (Jhn 14:27) well enables one to “endure hardness as a good soldier of Jesus Christ” (2Tim 2:3); and I think the above mentioned instructions are most consistently accomplished when exercising our title to continue “casting all your care upon Him” (1Pet 5:7), because you know God will always work it out.
- NC

this is not my name

Jan 9, 2019
Eagle River
✟17,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
God will always work good out of evil. a demonic spirit could be used to strengthen a disciple of Jesus Christ. a temptation, when resisted, could help a person grow more dependent on God. God is sovereign. everyone answers to Him. He is powerful enough to give us free will, to create our brains out of dust, He is able to work out ALL things.

Upvote 0

WordSword

Sep 8, 2017
MO.
✟249,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
God will always work good out of evil. a demonic spirit could be used to strengthen a disciple of Jesus Christ. a temptation, when resisted, could help a person grow more dependent on God. God is sovereign. everyone answers to Him. He is powerful enough to give us free will, to create our brains out of dust, He is able to work out ALL things.
Hi and thanks for your comments, on which I agree. Though concerning "free will," for those who are His, it's my understanding that God causes them to "desire and do His pleasure", because this cannot come from self (Phl 2:13). He has to maintain this in us!

Upvote 0

WordSword

Sep 8, 2017
MO.
✟249,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
yes He does, and we are to be obedient with fear and trembling.
I like how this is explained by John Gill:

"with fear and trembling"; 'not with a slavish fear of hell and damnation, or lest they should fall away, or finally miscarry of heaven and happiness; since this would be a distrust of the power and faithfulness of God. Neither is it reasonable to suppose, that the apostle would exhort to such a fear, when he himself was so confidently assured, that the good work begun in them would be performed; and besides, the exhortation would be very oddly formed, if this was the sense, "work out your salvation with fear" of damnation.

This fear and trembling spoken of, is such as is consistent with the highest acts of faith, trust, confidence, and joy, and is opposed to pride and vain glory; see Psa 2:11; and intends modesty and humility, which is what the apostle is pressing for throughout the whole context; and here urges to a cheerful and constant obedience to Christ, with all humility of soul, without dependence on it, or vain glorying in it, but ascribing it wholly to the grace of God, for the following reason.'"

Blessings!

Upvote 0