Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
so last night my church concluded our annual "August meeting". Last night God really moved, and the pastor says that he felt true revival, however you and I all know that sometimes that does not last. Pray that it does and , spreads and that as such God ( as He promises will heal our land). I happen to live in the southeastern part of the United States, but we all know this whole country needs help.

Last edited:

Drake50

Aug 13, 2017
South East
✟8,862.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
so last night my church concluded our annual "august meeting". Last night God really moved, and the pastor says that he felt true revival, however you and I all know that sometimes that does not last. Pray that it does and , spreads and that as such God ( as He promises will heal our land). I happen to live in the southeastern part of the United States, but we all know this hole country needs help.

Be wary of "feelings", even if expressed by your pastor. Shallow emotion never drives true revival, You'll know soon enough if revival is in God's plan for the US - heaven knows that lost, divided and broken country, like my own, badly needs it.
It starts with genuine repentance, nothing less. Otherwise, God won't listen (Psalm 66:18). Like post-Brexit in my own beautiful country, racism and bigotry in the US have been emboldened with the election of Trump, with much support from Christians despite his clear unsuitability for public office.
In both countries I see, amongst Christians, an absence of genuine trust in God - in both countries we spend too much time agitating about how others live their lives, seeing specks in everyone else's eyes but not the planks in our own. We dont really trust or believe that mighty God over-rules, and is in control of all that happens - good or evil - in the world he created and loves.
Both our countries have a long long way to go before we even consider the idea of truly repenting. As a British Christian I see no common cause with (for example) Southern Baptists and their idolotrous love of guns, unscriptural appetite for the death penalty, and almost idolotrous worship of the flag - the peer pressure to display a flag outside their homes, along with the relatively new peer pressure to place hand on heart during the national anthem are all signs that is not so much One Nation Under God, but a nation paying lip service to a God they don't really trust. Like Britain, the USA needs to unite around the Word of God, not a here-today-gone tomorrow flag.

So is revival coming? It will start if we recognise the true poverty of spirit we have - the first Beatitude. The absence of this recognition means that the other Beatitudes won't be available to us. That realisation must first break our hearts - then we can repent. I believe that day will come, but spiritual pride is so endemic on both sides of the Atlantic, that it is a very long way off. The most effective thing we can do is pray "let it begin with me".

Reactions: mario1001
Upvote 0

4x4toy

Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟116,025.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Be wary of "feelings", even if expressed by your pastor. Shallow emotion never drives true revival, You'll know soon enough if revival is in God's plan for the US - heaven knows that lost, divided and broken country, like my own, badly needs it.
It starts with genuine repentance, nothing less. Otherwise, God won't listen (Psalm 66:18). Like post-Brexit in my own beautiful country, racism and bigotry in the US have been emboldened with the election of Trump, with much support from Christians despite his clear unsuitability for public office.
In both countries I see, amongst Christians, an absence of genuine trust in God - in both countries we spend too much time agitating about how others live their lives, seeing specks in everyone else's eyes but not the planks in our own. We dont really trust or believe that mighty God over-rules, and is in control of all that happens - good or evil - in the world he created and loves.
Both our countries have a long long way to go before we even consider the idea of truly repenting. As a British Christian I see no common cause with (for example) Southern Baptists and their idolotrous love of guns, unscriptural appetite for the death penalty, and almost idolotrous worship of the flag - the peer pressure to display a flag outside their homes, along with the relatively new peer pressure to place hand on heart during the national anthem are all signs that is not so much One Nation Under God, but a nation paying lip service to a God they don't really trust. Like Britain, the USA needs to unite around the Word of God, not a here-today-gone tomorrow flag.

So is revival coming? It will start if we recognise the true poverty of spirit we have - the first Beatitude. The absence of this recognition means that the other Beatitudes won't be available to us. That realisation must first break our hearts - then we can repent. I believe that day will come, but spiritual pride is so endemic on both sides of the Atlantic, that it is a very long way off. The most effective thing we can do is pray "let it begin with me".

I live in the South and I believe revival is coming, I believe Trump is the perfect man God has sent us . The church needs to take responsibility and preach the whole Word and not just one side . Trump told about 40 church leaders in a closed room that they are failing America and need to get off their butts quit being afraid and preach the Word of God .Praying sooner than later

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,065,147.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Father I pray blessings on this request, worldwide revival, and for a victorious life that will bring you glory in Jesus name I pray. Also taking these needs before God in prayer on the bbnradio.org Family Altar program... BBN Program Schedule

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,617.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No matter how the pastor expresses himself, he's going to be criticized.

Thanks for posting this request. Definitely agree we need revival - praying for these United States.

Not popular today but true repentance to Yahweh is needed.
"If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." II Chron 7:14

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Mat 18:19 Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.

I stand in agreement and I am praying for revival. I honestly believe it is time.

• Agree
Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
so last night my church concluded our annual "August meeting". Last night God really moved, and the pastor says that he felt true revival, however you and I all know that sometimes that does not last. Pray that it does and , spreads and that as such God ( as He promises will heal our land). I happen to live in the southeastern part of the United States, but we all know this hole country needs help.

Joining you in prayer.

Upvote 0