• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Featured Our Biggest Mistake on Faith

Discussion in 'General Theology' started by timewerx, Jun 12, 2019.

1. timewerx

timewerx the village i--o--t--

+3,964
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    Real faith changes the heart and a changed heart will: (read the succeeding verses)

Galatians 5:6 (Paul said this! :eek:)
    For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision has any value. The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.

1 John 3:16-18
    This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers and sisters. 17 If anyone has material possessions and sees a brother or sister in need but has no pity on them, how can the love of God be in that person? 18 Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth.

I expect everyone to be shocked at this!

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. timewerx

+3,964
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    Can someone who doesn't have such faith have salvation? Can someone who doesn't love God be saved?

[​IMG]

3. Mel333

Mel333 Member

+150
    Australia
    Christian
    Married

I think maybe reading the book of Romans will help you find the answers you are looking for...

4. Danielwright2311

Danielwright2311 Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,202
    United States
    Christian
    Divorced
    If you are chosen by God then you will have faith and also love for God, we do not choose him, its impossible to in our sin filled life, he chooses us as his children.

With that said you are asking something only God can answer.

Jesus said the father will send his people to him to be saved nothing about if you do not have faith you are not saved.

Faith or love does not save you, God saves you with Jesus.

But God is love.

5. timewerx

+3,964
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    Teachings in Romans can't be literally interpreted or it will contradict other teachings in the Bible.

Christianity in big trouble? You bet. This is prophesied anyway, the majority will be deceived.

6. timewerx

+3,964
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    Jesus gave only two commands, Love God and Love your neighbor.

This agree with what Paul said concerning faith in Galatians 5:6.

"It's the only thing that counts...."

I don't think it can be interpreted in any other way. Just many Christians don't wish what I'm saying is true because they can't love their brothers and sisters in the way God wants us.

7. Mel333

Mel333 Member

+150
    Australia
    Christian
    Married
    Accusing Christianity and Christians is not love on this forum.

Encouraging and edifying them is key to the message of Christ. Not rip them apart.

Romans has the answer to your question on faith.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
  8. timewerx

+3,964
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    Telling the Truth is love.

1 John 3:18
    Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth.

9. Mel333

Mel333 Member

+150
    Australia
    Christian
    Married
    Are you saying it is right to rip Christians apart with accusations?

Accusations that you've stated are:

"Teachings in Romans can't be literally interpreted or it will contradict other teachings in the Bible."

"Christianity in big trouble? You bet."

"Just many Christians don't wish what I'm saying is true because they can't love their brothers and sisters in the way God wants us."

Not much edifying going on these sentences.

Romans answers your question on faith very clearly.

10. Danielwright2311

Danielwright2311 Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,202
    United States
    Christian
    Divorced
    Yes, i agree, But my position was we are saved by Jesus not our self, that was my whole point here.

We do not ask can we not be forgiven, we ask how do we become forgiven for sin and saved from hell.

We all sin and there is no greater sin then another.

11. timewerx

+3,964
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    True.

But after we are saved, our hearts are changed. We at least begin to desire to love God and our neighbors.

It is also written in the Bible if one does truly love God or their brothers and sisters.

12. RDKirk

RDKirk Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner Supporter

+10,236
    Christian
    Married
    James already said all that.

In Romans, Paul asserts that it is through faith we are saved.

James describes how that faith looks in a Christian.

The author of Hebrews emphasizes that such faith is not a mere philosophical concept, but is a palpable substance, an effectual object, even though invisible to the eye.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. RDKirk

+10,236
    Christian
    Married
    Some Christians need to be accused, and some of them need to be cut off from fellowship.

In the US right up to my own personal memory, we had "Christians" openly committing murder and rape and going to church the next morning. They didn't need "encouraging and edification," they needed to be cut off from fellowship.

14. timewerx

+3,964
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    Truly addresses the topic at hand.

That is sadly the part where most Christians are confused.

We also have to note that Paul is also speaking to a diverse set of gentile audiences throught his epistles. This is why Paul's teachings may appear incoherent at times. Paul had to adapt his teachings depending on the culture of his audiences.

Paul actually explained his method in 1 Corinthians 9:19-23. This clearly means, we cannot always treat Paul's teachings literally or try to understand them plainly.

It's no surprise the greatest divisions among Christians involve Paul's teachings, particularly the teaching regarding faith.

15. timewerx

+3,964
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    If you interpret every teaching in the Bible in literal terms, you will come across plenty of contradictory teachings.

It is a fact. This is why we must carefully consider the context of every teaching if they can be interpreted literally or not.

My observed response of many Christians I've discussed with concerning the matter. Including close relatives.

I don't take delight in this when my loved ones have same issues.

16. JohnRabbit

JohnRabbit just trying to understand Supporter

+265
    Non-Denom
    Single
    you have example(s)?

17. timewerx

+3,964
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    One example is between the teachings of Paul and James about faith and salvation.

Another example, is between Solomon (Proverbs) and Jesus on things about material wealth.

There's more but I don't have time to post them all here.

The Bible cannot contradict itself so clearly, one teaching cannot be treated on literal terms.

18. Mel333

Mel333 Member

+150
    Australia
    Christian
    Married
    I'm talking about accusing the Christians on this forum.

19. Mel333

Mel333 Member

+150
    Australia
    Christian
    Married
    Truth that is relative to yourself is not the Truth of the gospel which is Christ.

John 14:6
    I am the way, the truth and the life, no one comes to the Father expect through me.

20. RDKirk

+10,236
    Christian
    Married
    See this recent (now blessedly closed) thread about that:

Japheth is white. Genesis 9:27