Our Angels

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not spreading false doctrine, unless you mean that what I know to be true is different than others interpretations.
I am not in a trap. at least I do not think so.
I guess I could turn you off right now to anything else I say by telling you that it was the Lord that has taught me these things. So I believe what He has taught me over any interpretations of men.

You do not understand it in the same way, but if you really look at what I am saying it does not refute scripture.

Upvote 0

BT

Fanatic
Jan 29, 2003
Canada
Visit site
✟3,880.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Duane you're quoting properly but you're misinterpreting..

Mark 10:6 But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female.

Notice.. seperate Male and Female...

7 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife;

For what cause? Marriage... this is God commanding marriage.

8 And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh.

Marital sex. He is blessing the marriage with marital sex.

9 What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

Do not commit adultery. Consider marriage as an act of God and respect it as such.

That is what the passage is about Duane marriage. Not about people melding together...

Then your quotes from Matthew prove my point. They are talking about divorce... you see? He ends it by saying that there should be no divorce... he's quoting what you quoted and showing it to be about marriage!!

Come on Duane you're smart enough to read the plain text I know you are!

Upvote 0
Them could also be referring to souls. Adam was the first, but we are all the same nature.
And, yes, it is speaking of marriage, the wholeness of the soul, which is male and female in Gods image, which God has joined together from the beginning and He means it to stay that way.
We are married from the beginning of our existance, not merely to someone we happen to like at the time.
That is why it is so important, and that is probably why there are so many divorces today.

Upvote 0

BT

Fanatic
Jan 29, 2003
Canada
Visit site
✟3,880.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Well Duane your thoughts on the rapture are shared by many... there are three groups.. pre-millens, post-millens, and au-millens... they each follow a different presumed timeline.. You fall under post-millenium if that's your belief. (at least I think that's the one that think the Rapture will be after the great tribulation).

Upvote 0
Today at 12:21 PM Duane Morse said this in Post #31

4Jesus, do you recall what Jesus said about sex in heaven and children in heaven?
Matthew 22:30 - For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.
Matthew 8:12 - But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

We are not supposed to marry in heaven, so sex is out of the question. And any children produced in heaven will be cast into the outer darkness.

Different place, conditions, and time; and different rules we must adhere to.

Excuse me Duane, didn't I make my post clear? Did you see that I said the very thing? No sex, no children?

So if as you say, we will be as the angels in heaven, there will be no genders.

Upvote 0
Duane, I think you have missed a very important concept from you reading of scripture and that is that the "creative Word of the Lord," upon which stress is laid in the OT, is identified in the NT with Christ (i.e. Jesus). The second person of the Trinity is revealed as the One most directly connected with the work of creation. In Him creation has its explanation and its end (see John 1:3; 1Cor.8:6; Eph.3:9-11; Col.1:16; Heb.1:2, 2:10).

This is what's truly important.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
I am the vine and ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. John 15:5

To believe we have been made exactly spiritually like Jesus is wrong. Jesus Christ is superior to us yet He has given us the right to, as long as we believe in Him, to now be children of God and not be spiritually seperated becuase of the fall of Adam the first man like us. 

Upvote 0

healthwoman

Clergy Woman
Feb 2, 2003
Kansas
Visit site
✟176.00
Faith
Christian
I don't think anyone ever said we were going to be exactly like Jesus did they? We will be like (look like) Him for we shall see Him as He is. But I don't think anyone here is trying to say we'll have the power He Has.

Also- there's no such thing as 'post trib'. It's just as Duane says- When the last trump sounds- when Christ returns the next time and the last time- will be the resurrection of the dead in Christ and those alive in Him will be changed. 

And  Duane is not spreading false doctrine either. How can you say something is false when you can't prove it wrong? He is not mis-interpreting scripture- merely looking at it in a different, deeper way than most people. I have found God 'speaks' to me of these types of things too- when I draw near to Him. 

To change the subject- Man, I LOVE my knew wireless mouse!!!!

Upvote 0

BT

Fanatic
Jan 29, 2003
Canada
Visit site
✟3,880.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
heathwoman there most certainly is a concept taught by some christian churches regarding post-trib. Get yourself a book on systematic theology.

We're not going to look like Jesus.

Duane is spreading false doctrine if he's telling people that we were formed as male and female in one body and a bunch of the other things he said. I've given the proof in my posts.. read them.

God 'speaks' to you and contradicts His own Word? No way sister. Not a chance. If you're hearing something that contradicts the word of God... you aren't talking to God.... I'll let you guess who that's coming from.

Upvote 0
BT,
We proceed from Jesus, just as the brance proceeds from the vine.
We are the Bride to the Bridegroom.
Jesus is our brother.
We are in Him, as He is in us.
We will be like Him.
1 John 3:2 - Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

I do know the scriptures, not by memorization, but from reading and understanding. An understanding that the Lord Himself imparted to me. And I understand the soul.
Eve was taken from Adam, from within Adam. And Adam had lived for a time as a complete and integrated soul before being split. That is quite clear from scripture, to me if not to you.
It was not until after Adam had named all the animals that Adam was put to sleep to have Eve separated from him on the sixth day. But Adam had been around since day three before any plant or herb grew.

Upvote 0

BT

Fanatic
Jan 29, 2003
Canada
Visit site
✟3,880.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Duane,
When Jesus said, "I am the vine" he's talking out us proceeding out and spreading the word. That's in context. John chpt 14 and chpt 15.

We are the bride to the Bridegromm. You're right!! But you see the bride and the bridgroom are seperate.

Jesus is not our brother. He's the Son of God. We aren't equal to him. We're accepted as the Father's children but we aren't equal to Jesus. That would make us gods which we aren't.

We are in Him, as He is in us. You got that right. We're in the family of God, we're his children. And God the Holy Spirit dwells within us.

1 John 3:2 - "..But we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is."
It is revealed to us that we shall be made LIKE unto him, that is, in the bodies with which we shall be raised up, in character, in happiness, in joy. After all to be like Christ is the supreme goal of all believers.

You don't have to memorize the scriptures, reading and understanding is good. The Bible tells us that the Holy Spirit will guide us into all truth and rememberance John 14:26.

Eve was taken from Adam. Created from his rib. Adam was created from the dust of the ground so are we to say that Man is the same soul as dust? No. There is no evidence or scripture that hints that Adam's soul was split in two. Adam had his own soul and Eve had her own unique soul.

The Bible is 100% clear that God created man on the 6th day. Where do you get that it was the third day?

Genesis 1 12-13
And the earth brought forth vegetation, and plants yeilding seed after their kind, and the tree yeilding fruit after its kind, whos seed was in itself, after its kind: and God saw that it was good. And the evening and the morning were the third day.

Man was the last thing that God created... That's in the Bible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Genesis 2:5 And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground. 6 But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground. 7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Before any plants sprouted, God formed Man from the dust of the ground.
Quite clear, even if it is not mentioned in the first chapter. And that was on day three.

Genesis 1:24 And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so. 25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good. 26 And God said, Let us make man in our image,...

You will notice that in the Genesis 1 account, Adam was created after the animals on day six, while in Genesis 2...

Genesis 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die. 18 And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him. 19 And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof. 20 And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him. 21 And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;

First God warns Adam of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, then says Adam needs a help meet, then formed the animals and Adam names them.
This is the same point in Genesis one when the animals are formed on the sixth day.
It was then that, in Genesis 1:26 and Genesis 2:21, that God remakes Adam as separate male and female individuals as Adam and Eve.

Genesis one and two interleave, and you need to understand how to understand them correctly.

The man Adam was already present on the sixth day before the animals, and had been present since day three before the plants.
And Adam was a single individual that contained both the male and female aspects. It was not until after the animals were named that Adam was put to sleep for the purpose of splitting the two halves.

Upvote 0

BT

Fanatic
Jan 29, 2003
Canada
Visit site
✟3,880.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Duane read what you just wrote... 6 a mist comes up to water the plants.

7. God created Man..

Genesis 2..

God warned him about the tree. Right. Which was already there... already created.

I don't think you understand Genesis 1 and 2. Let me try to explain it. Genesis 1 is like an over view.. God created this on the first day etc etc until the 6th day. Then Genesis 2 focuses on Gods relationship with man, it's not a second creation story, and it's not an alternate. It's a focus on God's special relationship with man and man's dominion which God gave him.

God does not "remake" Adam. He takes one of his ribs and makes Eve. He didn't scrap Adam like a prototype and decide to make two. The man that God created needed to have a helper or "meet". You see Adam is naming all of the animals and there is a male and female of each species but for Adam there was no female. So God created a female for him, from his flesh and bone. He in no way divided his soul.

You say that the man Adam was already present on the sixth day. .but your own verses prove otherwise...

To say that he contained both the male and female aspects is nonsense. And I don't mean that as an insult I mean literally it is "non" "sense" it doesn't make sense.

I don't know what to tell you.. we're going in circles. You're determined to believe the "nonsense". I can't convince you of your error but I hope that one day you'll see the pure illogic of it, and I'll pray that you aren't heading down an even worse path. One small lie can destroy your soul, and when I say your soul I mean the soul that Duane has that is 100% his that is 100% of a soul and that Jesus Christ died to redeem.

Upvote 0
God warned Adam of the tree just before making the animals, so probably the warning came at the end of the fifth day or the beginning of the sixth.
Adam was first formed before any plant had sprouted on the third day, and that would include the trees.
I am not going in circles.
I am not saying that there are two creation stories either, just one.
I was showing you how the two accounts interleave.

Upvote 0
Yesterday at 08:54 PM healthwoman said this in Post #52

I don't think anyone ever said we were going to be exactly like Jesus did they? We will be like (look like) Him for we shall see Him as He is. But I don't think anyone here is trying to say we'll have the power He Has.

Also- there's no such thing as 'post trib'. It's just as Duane says- When the last trump sounds- when Christ returns the next time and the last time- will be the resurrection of the dead in Christ and those alive in Him will be changed. 

And  Duane is not spreading false doctrine either. How can you say something is false when you can't prove it wrong? He is not mis-interpreting scripture- merely looking at it in a different, deeper way than most people. I have found God 'speaks' to me of these types of things too- when I draw near to Him. 

To change the subject- Man, I LOVE my knew wireless mouse!!!!

:confused: Huh!  :confused: I never said Duane was spreading false doctrine. I do believe that Duane supplements his reading with un-orthodox material. And where did I say that I believe in a post-trib? 

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.