Not open for further replies.

Andrew

Feb 25, 2002
✟13,840.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Just to share:

Luke 13:16-17
16 So ought not this woman, being a daughter of Abraham, whom Satan has bound -- think of it -- for eighteen years, be loosed from this bond on the Sabbath?" (NKJV)

As I was meditating on this verse this morning, I received some new revelations that I hope will boost your faith.

The legalistic Pharisees saw healing as a work. To them healing the sick and receiving healing belonged to "work days" not the Sabbath day.

Jesus saw healing NOT as a work, but a BIRTH RIGHT.

"...ought not this woman, being a daughter of Abraham"

What reason did Jesus give for her right - "OUGHT NOT" - to be healed?

He said that she was "A DAUGHTER OF ABRAHAM".

Jesus wanted to heal her because it was her birth right!

Healing today is not a work, it is not even a privilege, not even a gift, but YOUR BIRTH RIGHT as sons and daughters of God, as sons and daughters of Abraham through Christ -- Abraham's seed.

God wants you healed. He tells others "Ought not this child of mine be healed?" And he does not wait for the answer, He just lays His hands on you and you are raised up.

And what is the environment in which this can take place? Rest. When we are at rest. When we rest with God who rested. First at the creation. Second when His Son cried out "It is finished!" and sat down at His right hand.

The work of healing was finished at the cross. Rest and receive. Don't try to work for it. "Do I have enough faith? Have I confessed enough scriptures? Am I believing right?"

Rest. It is done. It is your birth right. And He wants to. :)

L

LittleRocketBoy

How do the mere theists miss this???
Yes, healing belonged to here by virtue of her birth. Since we are heirs of the promise, it now belongs to us.
The mere theists have simply wrongly divided the word of truth. They have overruled the clear teaching of the word with the "general attributes of God". In this case "the sovereignty of God". They assume that "God is so sovereign that He can say a word and does not have to keep it". That in a nutshell is the ruination of the mere theist's faith. He cannot believe anything about God because He does not see Jesus and the Word of God as the will of God. They even overthrow the very words and nature of God with this error. "Let God be God, He is in control of everything!" This mindless mantra sounds good on a religious level... but is devoid of faith and the knowledge of God. It takes zero faith or knowledge of God to chant this mantra... and the results are the same as if you did nothing at all.

Andrew said:
Just to share:

16 So ought not this woman, being a daughter of Abraham, whom Satan has bound -- think of it -- for eighteen years, be loosed from this bond on the Sabbath?" (NKJV)

As I was meditating on this verse this morning, I received some new revelations that I hope will boost your faith.

The legalistic Pharisees saw healing as a work. To them healing the sick and receiving healing belonged to "work days" not the Sabbath day.

Healing today is not a work, it is not even a privilege, not even a gift, but YOUR BIRTH RIGHT as sons and daughters of God, as sons and daughters of Abraham through Christ -- Abraham's seed.

God wants you healed. He tells others "Ought not this child of mine be healed?" And he does not wait for the answer, He just lays His hands on you and you are raised up.

And what is the environment in which this can take place? Rest. When we are at rest. When we rest with God who rested. First at the creation. Second when His Son cried out "It is finished!" and sat down at His right hand.

The work of healing was finished at the cross. Rest and receive. Don't try to work for it. "Do I have enough faith? Have I confessed enough scriptures? Am I believing right?"

Upvote 0

peacechild4

My ♥ is hidden in GOD~ want to find me ~ find GOD
Mar 4, 2005
Victoria Australia
Visit site
✟38,392.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Ought Not You Be Healed, My Child?

Just to share:

I am just about to go to bed in Australia.. but for some reason came here before signing off..
This is right up my alley... so needed today..
I am praying and believing for my hearing to be healed.. And when I got home this afternoon.. I told my husband how much of a struggle it was for me to lead our bible study group when I can hardly hear..

He said.. get a hearing aid go do something about this.. he is an unbeliver... I am going straight to God and I have been led to believe and stand on healing.. because I believe He will heal me and His Word has said this to me.. I know I don't have to live like this!! Oh wow am I so glad I don't simply have to go deaf because it is in my family history..

This post.. says what I know God wants for me..

And amazingly.. before I ever knew to pray through faith and stand on the Word.. God said.. Be still and know I am God..

:clap: And could I also say.. my personal blog is called "Gods Child"...

This is a good post to have in my mind.. as I go to sleep in peace..

Upvote 0

angelwind

Soli Deo Gloria
Site Supporter
Sep 25, 2004
So. California
Visit site
✟97,335.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Widowed
Andrew said:
Just to share:

Wo!!! This is speaking to me too...:)

Upvote 0

franky67

Senior Veteran
Jul 22, 2005
✟21,351.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Andrew said:
Just to share:

Thanks, Andrew

Jesus DID come to confirm the promises made to the Fathers.. Romans 15:8

You said it very well, not many bible teachers bring this point out very well, if at all.

A close study of Galatians ch. 3 will enlighten the reader no end.

Two other places where Jesus explains about the heirs of the Abrahamic Covenant are Matt. 15:26. and Mark 7:27. where Jesus talks about Healing being the children's bread.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

peacechild4

My ♥ is hidden in GOD~ want to find me ~ find GOD
Mar 4, 2005
Victoria Australia
Visit site
✟38,392.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
This morning while watching a taped "Beliver's voice of Victory" broadcast.. that I had not had time to watch during the week...

Kenneth Copeland preached on Faith.. and went through the steps of faith when using our faith for healing or whatever we need from God.. Said it is planting a seed.. used the teaching from Mark 4 verses 26 : onwards..

And his second step was "Rest"... can you believe it.. Right after reading this last night.. Oh Praise God.. :clap: His answers do come and come quickly!!

Mark 4:27... says.. Night and day, wether he sleeps or gets up... the seed sprouts and grows, though he does not knoww how.

This is such a sign to me.. that REST is what I must do now.. and he gave other steps to do too.. and I cannot wait to watch the next broadcast!! I tape them all week!!

I will recieve my healing.. My faith has been planted and watered and I will rest while the Spirit does His work even though I see nothing happening.. and I will be healed.. The Spirit of God is working to heal me right now.. and according to His Word which I am standing in faith upon.. which I have planted.. It will come up and I will reap healing..

Isaiah 53:5
But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.