OT: What was the most useful baby item you used?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NyssaTheHobbit

Orthodox Christian (chrismation date 1/10/09)
May 24, 2006
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
Visit site
✟9,617.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Diaper genie, changing table and baby wipes! Also, cloth diapers, which I could use for burp cloths, protection from my son's "shooter," and something to catch the pee/poop that kept coming out during diaper changes.

The carriers didn't work for me at all.

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm lucky! We're getting a swing, an infant car seat, and a jumperoo (for later) from the BIL. I've also heard that a bouncy Boppy seat (not the pillow, but the little papasan-looking chair,) is REALLY useful while they're little for getting to put them down while you shower, for example.

I've also heard the Moby won't last forever, or at least, not to the 35lbs they say it can handle. But by then, I might be interested in something more structured, or something like a Mei-Tai. And we're definitely intending to have more than one kid, so I could get another 6mo's use out of it with a later baby.
OOOOOOoooo, you've got it made. :D You are lucky!!!

Upvote 0

Spiritus7

Newly Illumined
Jan 17, 2009
USA
✟15,169.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Congratulations, choirfiend! I am not married nor have any children myself; but I have a new niece and a sister who is a nanny for many children. My sister mentioned the cups that conform on the babies forehead to wash their hair and help rinse out the suds without getting it into their little eyes. This seems to be very helpful. Also the pacifiers are always a help, and the little clips that attach the pacifiers to their outfits for when they spit them out. :)

Upvote 0
T

Thekla

Upvote 0

cassc

Veteran- I am an Orthodox Christian
Jan 24, 2007
New England
✟16,923.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Congratulations!!!

Although I haven't had children yet, during college I worked in a nursery taking care of the newborns and teaching parents how to wrap, diaper and bath their babies. There are a lot of great recommendations, wash clothes are indispensable, the absolute best baby T-shirts are the snap ones that MR recommended because you have easy diaper access and if you are bathing a baby in a drafty room it's easy to sponge clean without completely exposing baby (example here) The pacifiers most used by hospitals: soothies but my favorite thing to give any mom expecting a little boy is the pee-pee teepee it might be useful but more importantly it just makes everyone laugh

Reactions: MariaRegina
Upvote 0

heart of peace

Aug 12, 2015
✟10,802.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Congratulations, choirfiend, on your pregnancy. May you have a blessed and enjoyable pregnancy with a happy and safe birthing!

In addition to the many awesome suggestions offered already, I LOVED LOVED LOVED my baby bumbo seat. I used it for a loooong time.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.