OT: President Obama's press conference and executive decision on gun laws

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
\ I would say that even if Dot nailed you with the Five Point Palm exploding heart technique, you just gotta avoid taking those steps. because it's only after you walk away that your heart blows up. sure, you cough up a little unsighlty blood (I mean, who wouldn't?), but just stay in your seat and you'll be fine.
I thought you'd die eventually anyway and the walking was just confirmation/speeding up the process since you could only sit down for so long.

The scene was truly a trip - and part of me was thinking "Full Circle" when they made up

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,462,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Gxg (G²);62392107 said:
I thought you'd die eventually anyway and the walking was just confirmation/speeding up the process since you could only sit down for so long.

The scene was truly a trip - and part of me was thinking "Full Circle" when they made up

yeah, I was just being silly. I think the coughed up blood confirmed that you wouldn't be around long. plus it was harder for him to breathe afterwards.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You're so cute, Dot. NO, it's not violent. The "move" isn't a violent one, but a tactile ancient maneuver...just trust me. There's no violence. I wouldn't put on something violent with my favorite Leave it to Beaver lady! :p:sorry:

I haven't watched the scene yet, for fear it may be too violent. :sorry:

Upvote 0

inconsequential

goat who dreamed he was a sheep
Mar 28, 2010
✟9,552.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
It's common sense and one of the basic responsibilities of a parent for their children they are taking care of and are accountable to God for.

Wow, that's scary about your son's karate instructor. Speaking of karate. I wish my son would take it to give him some more confidence and strength.

He had his first class at a new school last night. A couple who are inquiring at our mission just opened it and we are very impressed. They teach self defense as well as the more competitive aspects and part of that is recognizing lures that predators use and parental code words so a predator can't charm them into going along. They are also starting a Kendo class soon so I am excited about that.

The owner was an advanced marksman trainer in the Marine Corps and did a lot of competitive shooting so he said he would consider getting whatever certification needed to do permit enhancement training in MS. With such training you can get an enhancement on your concealed carry license that removes most limitations on where you can carry a concealed weapon.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Crazy 88's is classic, man, but I have to say the fight between the Bride and Elle Driver, now that was off the hook, bro! LOL ^_^

haha yeah. she hits him with it, he coughs up a little blood, walks five paces, and then falls over. not violent at all.

the scene with the Crazy 88's however.....

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
yeah, I was just being silly. I think the coughed up blood confirmed that you wouldn't be around long. plus it was harder for him to breathe afterwards.
Did he have a problem breathing? Must've missed that - as I was so focused on the stylized dialouge that he and the Bride were having..

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
she hits him with it, he coughs up a little blood, walks five paces, and then falls over. not violent at all.

the scene with the Crazy 88's however.....
He died very dignified.

Can't say the same for the Crazy 88s, though...but O-Ren did perish in a respectable way. Even apologized, which to me (coupled with her language to the Bride as if they were good friends) seemed very significant and honorable...regret

Her fight with Elle was even more epic - avenging Pai Mei's loss with using his move.

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
He had his first class at a new school last night. A couple who are inquiring at our mission just opened it and we are very impressed. They teach self defense as well as the more competitive aspects and part of that is recognizing lures that predators use and parental code words so a predator can't charm them into going along. They are also starting a Kendo class soon so I am excited about that.

The owner was an advanced marksman trainer in the Marine Corps and did a lot of competitive shooting so he said he would consider getting whatever certification needed to do permit enhancement training in MS. With such training you can get an enhancement on your concealed carry license that removes most limitations on where you can carry a concealed weapon.
That sounds great! Is Kendo the one with the two-sided stick thing? If it's that, my husband wanted to do that - take classes in that ages ago.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You're so cute, Dot. NO, it's not violent. The "move" isn't a violent one, but a tactile ancient maneuver...just trust me. There's no violence. I wouldn't put on something violent with my favorite Leave it to Beaver lady! :p:sorry:
^_^ You're too funny. :D

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,462,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Gxg (G²);62398282 said:
Did he have a problem breathing? Must've missed that - as I was so focused on the stylized dialouge that he and the Bride were having..

yeah, right after she hits him with it he gasps a few times initially. and his talking to her seemed a bit harder to do.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,462,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Gxg (G²);62398337 said:
He died very dignified.

Can't say the same for the Crazy 88s, though...but O-Ren did perish in a respectable way. Even apologized, which to me (coupled with her language to the Bride as if they were good friends) seemed very significant and honorable...regret

Her fight with Elle was even more epic - avenging Pai Mei's loss with using his move.

yeah, and I heard rumors that there could be a future Kill Bill, because Ellie is not dead (her name in the movie is crossed off with a "?") and that she would train Vivica Fox's daughter who is revenging her mother, and that the Bride would train BB, her daughter. so we will see.

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
yeah, and I heard rumors that there could be a future Kill Bill, because Ellie is not dead (her name in the movie is crossed off with a "?") and that she would train Vivica Fox's daughter who is revenging her mother, and that the Bride would train BB, her daughter. so we will see.
That sounds pretty dynamic. The fight between Fox (Copperhead) and the Bride was hilarious at various points - and I did feel sorry for Fox's daughter ....but was tripped out at what the Bride said in offering the girl the opportunity to avenge herself later if she was feeling raw on it years later (even though her mom did have it coming/deserved it).

Would be tripped out if Fox's daughter and the Bride's daughter ended up being friends..

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,462,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Gxg (G²);62401307 said:
That sounds pretty dynamic. The fight between Fox (Copperhead) and the Bride was hilarious at various points - and I did feel sorry for Fox's daughter ....but was tripped out at what the Bride said in offering the girl the opportunity to avenge herself later if she was feeling raw on it years later (even though her mom did have it coming/deserved it).

Would be tripped out if Fox's daughter and the Bride's daughter ended up being friends..

yeah, I heard it would be that as the Bride got hers from Copperhead's daughter, that the Bride's daughter would seek revenge one final time, againts Ellie and the daughter.

we'll see

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums