✟135,955.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Hey y'all...

As many of you know, my fiancee Yanira lives in El Salvador and due to the travel restrictions from the covid pandemic she's still down there (plus the US's visa process, but that's a whole different problem)

Last week she was told she has strep throat. However, today she has no sense of smell or taste and fears the worst. She's going to get tested today. Please keep her in your prayers.
I'll update once I hear what the results are. Thank you.

EDIT July 11: test results expected Monday. The Catholic-run clinic down there gave here some over the counter stuff (Tylenol, etc) that's helped her feel a bit better today.

EDIT JULY 15: Negative for Covid19!!!

Last edited:
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

E.C.

Jan 12, 2007
✟135,955.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Thanks everyone! I can't tell you how much it means to us. I added an update to the original post, but basically she has to go back to the clinic on Monday for the results and in the meantime, the Catholic-run clinic down there gave here some over the counter meds (like Tylenol with a kick) that's helped her feel better today.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Continued prayers. I hope if she does have it (many people seem to) then the effects are nothing serious and with no lasting problems. And that she doesn’t pass it on to anyone who is severely affected. In these cases, it seems fairly benign, at least.

Prayers!!!

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,463,491.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Thanks everyone! I can't tell you how much it means to us. I added an update to the original post, but basically she has to go back to the clinic on Monday for the results and in the meantime, the Catholic-run clinic down there gave here some over the counter meds (like Tylenol with a kick) that's helped her feel better today.

continued prayers!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

E.C.

Jan 12, 2007
✟135,955.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Negative for Covid19! Instead she has a combination strep throat and ear infection which sometimes results in a loss of smell and taste (who knew?)

*Cues Beethoven's Joyful Joyful We Adore Thee*

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,463,491.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Negative for Covid19! Instead she has a combination strep throat and ear infection which sometimes results in a loss of smell and taste (who knew?)

thank God and continued prayers!

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

Glory to God! Now I pray she’s better soon!

Upvote 0