Jan 12, 2007
✟136,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
So, I wandered into the General Theology forum for the first time in five years. Heretical I know, however, the Internet had been too quiet for me during Lent and in a fit of boredom mixed with what can only be described as blind zealousness I craved a struggle.

Well, one of the posters there commented on something in my signature that I forgot was there. This little bit:
The One True Old Posters of the Genuine Ancient Way in Exile From Christian Forums Resistance in Communion with Baklavas Synod in Exile Abroad
Which only lead me to wonder: Are the One True Old Posters of the Genuine Ancient Way in Exile From Christian Forums Resistance in Communion with Baklavas Synod in Exile Abroad still around or am I the only member left who openly acknowledges membership? :p

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
So, I wandered into the General Theology forum for the first time in five years. Heretical I know, however, the Internet had been too quiet for me during Lent and in a fit of boredom mixed with what can only be described as blind zealousness I craved a struggle.

Well, one of the posters there commented on something in my signature that I forgot was there. This little bit:
Which only lead me to wonder: Are the One True Old Posters of the Genuine Ancient Way in Exile From Christian Forums Resistance in Communion with Baklavas Synod in Exile Abroad still around or am I the only member left who openly acknowledges membership? :p

Ah, but I think you were in Traditional Theology. We're trying to do something better there, though it has ups and downs.

I've always wondered about your sig too, and glad to see a short explanation. Of course, I'm not one of your group, sadly, so I'll try to be quiet now. :)

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

There was an exile that went down apparently?

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm currently a member of the One True Exiled from Serbian Orthodoxy Currently attending an Eastern Catholic Mission in My Area Baklava One foot in the East, one in the West transitioning in the Same Club as Anhelyna not sure if I'm welcome here anymore or Not Club of Central California!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

E.C.

Jan 12, 2007
✟136,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I'm still around.. From time to time :)

How are you, EC? Still in Florida?
Sadly no, but I go back later this month. Thank God too, I need the "break" :D

Matt, Mary, gzt, All4Christ; I'm about 98% certain that you all were part of the Synod back in those dark days.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟867,864.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Probably. After a few Synod members went into self-exile we had to replenish our ranks somehow ;)

You can go into exile from exile? Like being on double-secret probation? :)

Upvote 0

rusmeister

A Russified American Orthodox Chestertonian
Dec 9, 2005
Eastern Europe
Visit site
✟435,470.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I'm currently a member of the One True Exiled from Serbian Orthodoxy Currently attending an Eastern Catholic Mission in My Area Baklava One foot in the East, one in the West transitioning in the Same Club as Anhelyna not sure if I'm welcome here anymore or Not Club of Central California!

:wave:
I'm in the ... Lone exiled from the American Church Abroad etc etc.
I have no idea where I'm welcome. Still, nice to "see" you!

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

Good to see you and I would hope you're still welcome! It would be a great loss if either you or Anhelyna stopped posting here!

Upvote 0