OSASers choose to reject Jesus’ warnings about losing salvation!

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You are right, because this gives evidence that such a person is not saved, not a Christian, not redeemed, not born again, and therefore will not inherit the Kingdom of God. Compare to Romans 8:9,

You, however, are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if in fact the Spirit of God dwells in you. Anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to him.

Clearly, those who are saved do not walk in the flesh, but in the Spirit, because the Spirit of God lives inside of them. Again, you must understand what true conversion is and what the evidence of that is.

To walk in the Spirit is a choice each person who is born again, and has been baptized in the Holy, must make. It is not some "automatic" for the Spirit filled believer to do this.

12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors—not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh. 13 For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. Romans 8:12-13

Here is the plain words from Paul, showing the Church in Rome, that is they live according to the flesh, they will die.

But if by the Spirit, them themselves put to death the deeds of the flesh they will live.

This choice is only for those who are in the Spirit and have the Spirit, and by the Spirit put to death the deeds of the flesh.

There are two ways for the Spirit filled Christian to live their live:

• According to the Spirit.
  • According to the flesh.

The Choice for each Spirit filled Christian is to be a slave to their flesh, and it's sinful deeds, or be a slave to God and His righteousness, and bear fruit unto holiness.

16 Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey, you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether of sin leading to death, or of obedience leading to righteousness? 17 But God be thanked that though you were slaves of sin, yet you obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine to which you were delivered. 18 And having been set free from sin, you became slaves of righteousness. 19 I speak in human terms because of the weakness of your flesh. For just as you presented your members as slaves of uncleanness, and of lawlessness leading to more lawlessness, so now present your members as slaves of righteousness for holiness. 20 For when you were slaves of sin, you were free in regard to righteousness. 21 What fruit did you have then in the things of which you are now ashamed? For the end of those things is death. 22 But now having been set free from sin, and having become slaves of God, you have your fruit to holiness, and the end, everlasting life. 23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 6:16-23

• Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey, you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether of sin leading to death, or of obedience leading to righteousness?

We as a Spirit filled Christian, either present ourselves as a slave to sin that springs forth from our flesh, or we present ourselves as a slave to Spirit of God that spring forth from our heart.

22 But now having been set free from sin, and having become slaves of God, you have your fruit to holiness, and the end, everlasting life. 23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 6:22-23

Those who have chosen to become a slave of God and bring forth fruit unto holiness will in the end receive everlasting life.

• having become slaves of God, you have your fruit to holiness, and the end, everlasting life.

JLB

Upvote 0

StevenBelievin

Trust In God
Site Supporter
Mar 26, 2017
Fort Worth, TX
✟144,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The new covenant:

Ezekiel 36:26 I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. 27 I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them.

It would seem that it is God Himself that causes us to walk and to do..

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The new covenant:

Ezekiel 36:26 I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. 27 I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them.

It would seem that it is God Himself that causes us to walk and to do..

Yes God is our source, our wellspring of righteousness, and dwells in us by His Spirit.

Nevertheless, each of us must choose to live according to the Spirit rather than living according to the sinful desires of our flesh.

For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.
Romans 8:13

God will not force us to live by the Spirit we n which we practice righteousness, however He certainly is the cause or source of our righteousness.

JLB

Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

What U See is What U Get!
Site Supporter
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The New Covenant!

Hebrews 9:15
For this reason He is the mediator of a new covenant, so that, since a death has taken place for the redemption of the transgressions that were committed under the first covenant, those who have been called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance.

Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

What U See is What U Get!
Site Supporter
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Matthew 26:28
for this is My blood of the (new) covenant, which is poured out for many for forgiveness of sins.

Mark 14:24
And He said to them, “This is My blood of the (new)covenant, which is poured out for many.

Luke 22:20
And in the same way He took the cup after they had eaten, saying, “This cup which is poured out for you is the new covenant in My blood.

1 Corinthians 11:25
In the same way He took the cup also after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in My blood; do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me.”

Upvote 0
Jul 4, 2020
Chicago
✟12,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God gives the free gift of salvation to those who believe in Jesus and His gospel.
Hereby, they actually enter into a covenant between themselves and God.
Their part in this “new covenant” is to continue believing, which includes loving Him
enough to obey His commandments, and trusting that He will fulfil His promises …
just as long as they obey His commandments.
However, (as with any covenant) they can choose to break this covenant with God.

Here’s a nice baker’s dozen of Jesus’ warnings:

Matt 7:21-27 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven,
but he who does the will of My Father in heaven … But everyone who hears these sayings of Mine,
and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand: and the rain descended,
the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall.”

Matt 10:22 (Matt 24:13, Mark 13:13) “And you will be hated by all for My name’s sake.
But he who endures to the end will be saved.”

Matt 25:45-46 “Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do it (good deeds)
to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me. And these (the unrighteous)
will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life

Mark 8:34-37 (Matt 10:38-39, Matt 16:24-26, Luke 9:23-25) “Whoever desires to come after Me,
let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me. For whoever desires to save his life
will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake and the gospel’s will save it. For what will it profit
a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul (is himself destroyed or lost, Luke 9:25)?
Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?”

Mark 9:43-47 (Matt 5:29-30, Matt 18:8-9) “If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to
enter into life maimed, rather than having two hands, to go to hell, into the fire that shall never be quenched
… And if your foot causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life lame,
rather than having two feet, to be cast into hell, into the fire that shall never be quenched
… And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God
with one eye, rather than having two eyes, to be cast into hell fire”

Mark 11:25-26, Matt 6:14-15, Matt 18:21-35 “… if you have anything against anyone,
forgive him, that your Father in heaven may also forgive you your trespasses.
But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your trespasses.”

Luke 14:28-33 “For which of you, intending to build a tower, does not sit down first and count the cost,
whether he has enough to finish it — lest, after he has laid the foundation, and is not able to finish,
all who see it begin to mock him, saying, ‘This man began to build and was not able to finish’?
… So likewise, whoever of you does not forsake all that he has cannot be My disciple.”

John 10:27-28 “My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them
eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.”

John 12:25 “He who loves his life will lose it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life

John 15:2-6 “Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away …
As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.
… He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.
If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered;
and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned.”

Revelation 14:12 “Here is the patience of the saints; here are those who
keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.”

Revelation 21:7-8 “He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God
and he shall be My son. But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers,
sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the
lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

Revelation 22:14-15 “Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right
to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city. But outside are dogs and sorcerers
and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie.”
The ironic thing about this is the verses you posted are actually referring to you

Upvote 0