OSASers choose to reject Jesus’ warnings about losing salvation!

nobdysfool

The original! Accept no substitutes!
Feb 23, 2003
Home, except when I'm not....
✟21,146.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
No challenges to PrincetonGuy's post?

Why bother? Nothing to be gained by it. You guys think you're right, and I don't. There it sits. I choose not to waste my time arguing with anyone who is already convinced that every word that comes out of my mouth (or from my keyboard) is wrong. I have a life to live. It's time I got back to doing that. Enjoy the echo chamber....

Upvote 0

Jack Terrence

Fighting the good fight
Feb 15, 2013
✟27,525.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
No challenges to PrincetonGuy's post?
Here is a verse for those who think that they alone have a handle on biblical interpretation.

Because he hath appointed a day wherein he will judge the world in equity, by the man whom he hath appointed; giving faith to all, by raising him up from the dead. Acts 17:31, Douay-Rheims

There it is! It says that God gives FAITH and it says that He gives it to "all." Yet we know that many men die in unbelief. Therefore, the word "all" refers to all nations of men and NOT every human being. God gives faith to men of all nations.

Upvote 0

OzSpen

Oct 15, 2005
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
Visit site
✟125,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Why bother? Nothing to be gained by it. You guys think you're right, and I don't. There it sits. I choose not to waste my time arguing with anyone who is already convinced that every word that comes out of my mouth (or from my keyboard) is wrong. I have a life to live. It's time I got back to doing that. Enjoy the echo chamber....

Do you or do you not support the content of the history of OSAS that PrincetonGuy provided? The issue does not have to do with 'you guys think you're right, and I don't'. The issue has to do with truth. What's the truth about the history of OSAS?

Why don't you articulate for us the writers, theologians, exegetes, etc prior to the Reformation who supported OSAS?

In Christ,
Oz

Upvote 0

OzSpen

Oct 15, 2005
Visit site
✟125,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Well FYI, John Calvin did NOT "create" the 5 points. That was the Synod of Dort's reply to the Remonstrance.

You told me that this comment by you was referring to PrincetonGuy's post about the history of OSAS. Where in PrincetonGuy's post did he state anything about the 5 points?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,726,704.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Do you or do you not support the content of the history of OSAS that PrincetonGuy provided? The issue does not have to do with 'you guys think you're right, and I don't'. The issue has to do with truth. What's the truth about the history of OSAS?

Why don't you articulate for us the writers, theologians, exegetes, etc prior to the Reformation who supported OSAS?

In Christ,
Oz

Like Paul, Luke, James, etc?

Upvote 0

OzSpen

Oct 15, 2005
Visit site
✟125,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Like Paul, Luke, James, etc?

That's a red herring logical fallacy. When will you answer the issues surrounding the history of OSAS so that we can have a rational discussion? Logical fallacies prevent reasonable communication. That's what you are doing with your red herring fallacy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OzSpen

Oct 15, 2005
Visit site
✟125,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
For the Arminians who think you need to do things to stay saved, how do you know you've done enough?

Please deal with PrincetonGuy's challenge with OSAS history, instead of going off with your own tangental red herring fallacy.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,726,704.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
That's a red herring logical fallacy. When will you answer the issues surrounding the history of OSAS so that we can have a rational discussion? Logical fallacies prevent reasonable communication. That's what you are doing with your red herring fallacy.

This is a red herring. It didn't address my post. An ad hom, too, since I'm not the subject here.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,726,704.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Please deal with PrincetonGuy's challenge with OSAS history, instead of going off with your own tangental red herring fallacy.

Red herring.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,726,704.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
But I did and you were quoting my post.

Your avoidance of PrincetonGuy's challenge is obvious to me.

I haven't read his posts. So I can't be avoiding his challenges, can I.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

janxharris

Veteran
Jun 10, 2010
Essex, UK
Visit site
✟36,397.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I haven't read his posts. So I can't be avoiding his challenges, can I.

Having now quoted twice from John Jefferson Davis, I should probably tell my readers that Davis is an ordained Presbyterian minister, and is a Professor of Systematic Theology and Christian Ethics at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary, having joined the faculty there in 1975. He began his article on the history of the doctrine of The Perseverance of the Saints with Augustine because there is not as much as a hint of that doctrine prior to the time of Augustine. Moreover, Davis does not find as much as another hint of that doctrine prior to the time of Calvin. And Davis is not alone—very numerous Calvinists have searched thousands of old documents in an unsuccessful attempt to prove that the five points of Calvinism did not originate with Calvin.

Upvote 0