OSASers choose to reject Jesus’ warnings about losing salvation!

extraordinary

Newbie trainee
Jun 1, 2013
✟16,402.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
God gives the free gift of salvation to those who believe in Jesus and His gospel.
Hereby, they actually enter into a covenant between themselves and God.
Their part in this “new covenant” is to continue believing, which includes loving Him
enough to obey His commandments, and trusting that He will fulfil His promises …
just as long as they obey His commandments.
However, (as with any covenant) they can choose to break this covenant with God.

Here’s a nice baker’s dozen of Jesus’ warnings:

Matt 7:21-27 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven,
but he who does the will of My Father in heaven … But everyone who hears these sayings of Mine,
and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand: and the rain descended,
the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall.”

Matt 10:22 (Matt 24:13, Mark 13:13) “And you will be hated by all for My name’s sake.
But he who endures to the end will be saved.”

Matt 25:45-46 “Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do it (good deeds)
to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me. And these (the unrighteous)
will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life

Mark 8:34-37 (Matt 10:38-39, Matt 16:24-26, Luke 9:23-25) “Whoever desires to come after Me,
let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me. For whoever desires to save his life
will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake and the gospel’s will save it. For what will it profit
a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul (is himself destroyed or lost, Luke 9:25)?
Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?”

Mark 9:43-47 (Matt 5:29-30, Matt 18:8-9) “If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to
enter into life maimed, rather than having two hands, to go to hell, into the fire that shall never be quenched
… And if your foot causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life lame,
rather than having two feet, to be cast into hell, into the fire that shall never be quenched
… And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God
with one eye, rather than having two eyes, to be cast into hell fire”

Mark 11:25-26, Matt 6:14-15, Matt 18:21-35 “… if you have anything against anyone,
forgive him, that your Father in heaven may also forgive you your trespasses.
But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your trespasses.”

Luke 14:28-33 “For which of you, intending to build a tower, does not sit down first and count the cost,
whether he has enough to finish it — lest, after he has laid the foundation, and is not able to finish,
all who see it begin to mock him, saying, ‘This man began to build and was not able to finish’?
… So likewise, whoever of you does not forsake all that he has cannot be My disciple.”

John 10:27-28 “My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them
eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.”

John 12:25 “He who loves his life will lose it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life

John 15:2-6 “Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away …
As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.
… He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.
If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered;
and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned.”

Revelation 14:12 “Here is the patience of the saints; here are those who
keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.”

Revelation 21:7-8 “He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God
and he shall be My son. But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers,
sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the
lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

Revelation 22:14-15 “Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right
to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city. But outside are dogs and sorcerers
and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie.”

• Agree
Reactions: Doulos 7

Dispy

Veteran
Jan 16, 2004
South Dakota
✟4,680.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
God gives the free gift of salvation to those who believe in Jesus and His gospel.
Hereby, they actually enter into a covenant between themselves and God.
Their part in this “new covenant” is to continue believing, which includes loving Him
enough to obey His commandments, and trusting that He will fulfil His promises …
just as long as they obey His commandments.
However, (as with any covenant) they can choose to break this covenant with God.

Here’s a nice baker’s dozen of Jesus’ warnings:

Matt 7:21-27 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven,
but he who does the will of My Father in heaven … But everyone who hears these sayings of Mine,
and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand: and the rain descended,
the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall.”

Matt 10:22 (Matt 24:13, Mark 13:13) “And you will be hated by all for My name’s sake.
But he who endures to the end will be saved.”

Matt 25:45-46 “Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do it (good deeds)
to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me. And these (the unrighteous)
will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life

Mark 8:34-37 (Matt 10:38-39, Matt 16:24-26, Luke 9:23-25) “Whoever desires to come after Me,
let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me. For whoever desires to save his life
will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake and the gospel’s will save it. For what will it profit
a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul (is himself destroyed or lost, Luke 9:25)?
Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?”

Mark 9:43-47 (Matt 5:29-30, Matt 18:8-9) “If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to
enter into life maimed, rather than having two hands, to go to hell, into the fire that shall never be quenched
… And if your foot causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life lame,
rather than having two feet, to be cast into hell, into the fire that shall never be quenched
… And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God
with one eye, rather than having two eyes, to be cast into hell fire”

Mark 11:25-26, Matt 6:14-15, Matt 18:21-35 “… if you have anything against anyone,
forgive him, that your Father in heaven may also forgive you your trespasses.
But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your trespasses.”

Luke 14:28-33 “For which of you, intending to build a tower, does not sit down first and count the cost,
whether he has enough to finish it — lest, after he has laid the foundation, and is not able to finish,
all who see it begin to mock him, saying, ‘This man began to build and was not able to finish’?
… So likewise, whoever of you does not forsake all that he has cannot be My disciple.”

John 10:27-28 “My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them
eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.”

John 12:25 “He who loves his life will lose it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life

John 15:2-6 “Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away …
As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.
… He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.
If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered;
and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned.”

Revelation 14:12 “Here is the patience of the saints; here are those who
keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.”

Revelation 21:7-8 “He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God
and he shall be My son. But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers,
sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the
lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

Revelation 22:14-15 “Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right
to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city. But outside are dogs and sorcerers
and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie.”

All your "proof texts" are addressed to those of the nation of Israel.

Jesus said in Matt. 12:24 "...I am not sent but to the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

Paul tells us in Rom. 15:8 "Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God to confirm (fulfill) the promises made to the fathers."

Paul also tells us in 2 Cor. 5:16 "Wherefore henceforth (from no on) know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh (His earthly ministry), yet now henceforth (from now on) know we Him no more."

During the earthly ministry of Christ the Law was in effect. Salvation/justification was based upon doing the deeds/works of the Law by FAITH.

Salvation today, in this present dispensation of Grace, is by placing our FAITH alone in the Cross work (death, burial, resurrection - I Cor. 15:1-4) of Christ for our salvation.

When one does that, that one is sealed by the Holy Spirit until the day of their redemption. (cf. Eph. 1:13 - 14).

Reactions: Rubiks
Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Jesus said in Matt. 12:24 "...I am not sent but to the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

Paul tells us in Rom. 15:8 "Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God to confirm (fulfill) the promises made to the fathers."

Paul also tells us in 2 Cor. 5:16 "Wherefore henceforth (from no on) know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh (His earthly ministry), yet now henceforth (from now on) know we Him no more."

During the earthly ministry of Christ the Law was in effect. Salvation/justification was based upon doing the deeds/works of the Law by FAITH.

Salvation today, in this present dispensation of Grace, is by placing our FAITH alone in the Cross work (death, burial, resurrection - I Cor. 15:1-4) of Christ for our salvation.

When one does that, that one is sealed by the Holy Spirit until the day of their redemption. (cf. Eph. 1:13 - 14).

Like Abraham ?

Upvote 0

Dispy

Veteran
Jan 16, 2004
South Dakota
✟4,680.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Dispy said:

Like Abraham ?

Salvation, since the fall of Adam has ALWAYS been based on FAITH. FAITH by believing/doing what God required at that period of time of human history.

Hebrews 11:8 "By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed: and he went out not knowing whither he went.?

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

All these proof text's are addressed to those who would come after Him.

Disciples.

Whether Jew or gentile the call and the condition is the same.

The new covenant is for Gentile and Jew.

God has one plan, Faith.

JLB

Upvote 0

extraordinary

Newbie trainee
Jun 1, 2013
✟16,402.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
2 peter 3:18 But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

define what grace is to you?
Sorry for the delay!
God's Grace towards man is defined as God's unmerited favor towards man.

Your verse, of course, makes it obvious that this grace is NOT a one-time thing.
Seems that it grows along with man's co-operation with being sanctified unto holiness.

Upvote 0
Sorry for the delay!
God's Grace towards man is defined as God's unmerited favor towards man.

Your verse, of course, makes it obvious that this grace is NOT a one-time thing.
Seems that it grows along with man's co-operation with being sanctified unto holiness.

Yet how do you deal with romAns 13:10-14... Salvation is closer than when they first believed yet told to quit doing what

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

extraordinary

Newbie trainee
Jun 1, 2013
✟16,402.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yet how do you deal with romAns 13:10-14...
Salvation is closer than when they first believed
yet told to quit doing what
Again, I must say, "Of course!".
Every day the obedient and co-operative believer lives ... puts him/her closer to his/her salvation.

Upvote 0

extraordinary

Newbie trainee
Jun 1, 2013
✟16,402.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Just the other day,
one of God's end-time prophets (for BACs) kept insisting that Luke 21:36 is
a very heavy-duty warning to believers ...

Luke 21:36 "Watch therefore, and pray always that
you may be counted worthy to escape
all these things that will come to pass,
and to stand (worthy???) before the Son of Man."

Just as is often the case, it does not specifically mention losing eternal life.

Perhaps it is referring to overcoming re: persevering (enduring) with one's faith until the end,
and being worthy to stand before Jesus as a victorious overcomer (who has been a winner in Paul's "race").

Problem with all of these "overcoming" verses ...
OSASers must insist that to be an overcomer is just to be a believer in Jesus (1 John 5:5).

However, old Johnny-boy is only referring to overcoming the world,
i.e. he is not talking about overcoming Satan, overcoming the flesh, etc.

Jesus did all of these bold things ... and that is what Jesus says we must do also
(see Rev 3:21).

The Day of Judgment
Joke time! ... Connected with the above ...
Hebrews 9:27 "And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment"
OSASers, what is there to judge? ... Either you're a BAC or not, right? :wave:

WOW, another warning!
Jesus will NOT be judging who really is a BAC, but who is really worthy of salvation!
I.E. Accompanying being born-again must also be, for example ...
doing acceptable good deeds, co-operating with being sanctified, being obedient, and etc.
(which all boils down to heeding the many warnings written by everyone in the NT).
. .

Last edited:
Upvote 0

nobdysfool

The original! Accept no substitutes!
Feb 23, 2003
Home, except when I'm not....
✟21,146.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
What give you, extraordinary, the right to speak for people who hold to OSAS as to what they believe? I think this is one giant straw man you've erected. Most of them aren't responding, because what you claim they believe is not what they believe, therefore, why waste the time with a straw man? You insult them in every way possible, and then wonder why no one responds. That does not make you right or correct in any way.

Upvote 0
Again, I must say, "Of course!".
Every day the obedient and co-operative believer lives ... puts him/her closer to his/her salvation.

Did you read Romans 13:10-14 if there being obedient why are they told to cast off the darkness and act like saved ones

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

extraordinary

Newbie trainee
Jun 1, 2013
✟16,402.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Did you read Romans 13:10-14.
If they're being obedient, why are they told to cast off the darkness and act like saved ones?
As thou requested, I just read the passage above, and it's the same old story!

Since when are those sleeping being obedient?
Why even bother warning the believers to wake up and etc., if their salvation is secure?
Oh yes, I forgot, it's all about REWARDS! ... Except Paul rarely speaks of rewards, n'est pas?

Sorry to have to report that all throughout your years as a believer thou hast not "seen" that
Paul MIXES TOGETHER warnings and encouragements!
Yes, and sometimes very very strong warnings!

Butski, not to worry ... very few others do also!

So, just keep on keepin' on.
As for me, I'm sick and tired of warning "believers".
(I don't know what they believe, but it's not Scripture.)

"For as many as are being LED by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God." (Rom 8:14)
These people will believe the Lord when He says that salvation is not simply according to John 3:16.
These people are being led by the Lord unto eternal life.
Do NOT be led by the FALSE (some deceived, some selfish) churches ... be led by the Holy Spirit. .

Last edited:
Upvote 0
As thou requested, I just read the passage above, and it's the same old story!

Since when are those sleeping being obedient?
Why even bother warning the believers to wake up and etc., if their salvation is secure?
Oh yes, I forgot, it's all about REWARDS! ... Except Paul rarely speaks of rewards, n'est pas?

Sorry to have to report that all throughout your years as a believer thou hast not "seen" that
Paul MIXES TOGETHER warnings and encouragements!
Yes, and sometimes very very strong warnings!

Butski, not to worry ... very few others do also!

So, just keep on keepin' on.
As for me, I'm sick and tired of warning "believers".
(I don't know what they believe, but it's not Scripture.)

"For as many as are being LED by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God." (Rom 8:14)
These people will believe the Lord when He says that salvation is not simply according to John 3:16.
These people are being led by the Lord unto eternal life.
Do NOT be led by the FALSE (some deceived, some selfish) churches ... be led by the Holy Spirit. .

Not rewards ... But a relationship of a man chasing the woman ... Even how are salvation is not of works but are savior being patience and long suffering till we are glorified since its of grace

Upvote 0