OSAS? What do you believe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe in it but in a different way.

I consider a part of salvation to be the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.

I believe that once this event occurs "then" once saved always saved. I think that this can be different from baptism or confession.

This belief is because I know excatly when this "indwelling" happen to me and it was 3 years after I had been baptised in the Church.

I won't argue the point with anyone or will I say that they are wrong if they think differently. This is just from my personal experience.

Upvote 0

Aviyah

Shalom uv'rachah b'Yeshua
Jan 20, 2003
✟475.00
Faith
Messianic
Yesterday at 01:50 PM Jodi Sue said this in Post #1 (http://www.christianforums.com/showthread.php?postid=663218#post663218)

OKAY HERE'S A GOOD QUESTION................................WHO BELIEVE'S OSAS (ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED)? I PERSONALLY DON'T BELIEVE IN IT. BUT I DO BELIEVE IF YOU REPENT, YOU ARE FORGIVEN.

Ephesians 2:8-9

For by grace are ye saved through faith;

and that not of yourselves:it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

.if we could loose our salvation then we'd be saved by works once you accept Jesus Christ He i s with you no mater what ,

it us who choose to turn away from him but he still is with us becasue we have accepted the truth, so therefore you can NOT loose your salvation

also, Jesus said, "I will never leave nor forsake you" and...in John,

Jesus said, "and no man shall pluck them (Christians) from my Fathers hand

john 10:27-29

(27)My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

(28) And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any [man] pluck them out of my hand.

(29) My Father, which gave [them] me, is greater than all; and no [man] is able to pluck [them] out of my Father's hand.

Upvote 0

FOMWatts<><

Follower of the Way
Jan 6, 2002
Nacogdoches, Texas
Visit site
✟15,970.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yesterday at 04:39 PM DeputyDan said this in Post #2 (http://www.christianforums.com/showthread.php?postid=665856#post665856)

I believe in it but in a different way.

I consider a part of salvation to be the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.

I believe that once this event occurs "then" once saved always saved. I think that this can be different from baptism or confession.

This belief is because I know excatly when this "indwelling" happen to me and it was 3 years after I had been baptised in the Church.

I won't argue the point with anyone or will I say that they are wrong if they think differently. This is just from my personal experience.

Hey Deputy Dan! I think we have similar beliefs. Once TRULY Saved ALWAYS Saved! ;)

Blessings,

FOMWatts<><

Upvote 0
Soldier of God you have a scewed sence of the word Grace and lets not forget the ever popular in this argument "faith without works is dead" i do not believe in once saved always saved it's an excuse to sin which is wrong and lie no matter how you slice it or in the off chance that osas is true then many many people never were saved even though they may have believed they were because for osas to stand up without being a excuse for sinning everyone that has ever been saved from the time they got saved on must have NEVER sinned or if they did sin must have repented from that sin so basicly for this to be true very few people would be saved and i probably would not be one of them at the moment but thats a different issue :p

Upvote 0

Ioustinos

Veteran
Feb 6, 2002
✟56,948.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Yesterday at 11:54 PM Hanani said this in Post #6 (http://www.christianforums.com/showthread.php?postid=668642#post668642)

Soldier of God you have a scewed sence of the word Grace and lets not forget the ever popular in this argument "faith without works is dead" i do not believe in once saved always saved it's an excuse to sin which is wrong and lie no matter how you slice it or in the off chance that osas is true then many many people never were saved even though they may have believed they were because for osas to stand up without being a excuse for sinning everyone that has ever been saved from the time they got saved on must have NEVER sinned or if they did sin must have repented from that sin so basicly for this to be true very few people would be saved and i probably would not be one of them at the moment but thats a different issue :p

Too bad many great theologians disagree with you :( Please prove that people who believe OSAS use it as a "license to sin." Also what is your definition of Grace?

in the off chance that osas is true then many many people never were saved even though they may have believed they were because for osas to stand up without being a excuse for sinning everyone that has ever been saved from the time they got saved on must have NEVER sinned or if they did sin must have repented from that sin so basicly for this to be true very few people would be saved and i probably would not be one of them at the moment but thats a different issue

Could you elaborate on this statement please? I can't understand the point you are trying to make. :confused: Could you also use punctuation to separate your sentences because without them, your post is hard to read :sorry:

Upvote 0
Jesaiah how did i guess you would jump in on this i think i already argued my point to death in this thread http://www.christianforums.com/threads/28436.html

also more stuff in this thread revolving more specificly around gracehttp://www.christianforums.com/threads/25700-1.html

i don't have the time or motivation to do it again right now but thats another issue

Upvote 0

Aviyah

Jan 20, 2003
✟475.00
Faith
Messianic
Today at 08:54 PM Hanani said this in Post #6 (http://www.christianforums.com/showthread.php?postid=668642#post668642)

oh ok so we work for salvation huh......so the death of Christ is not enough to get us to heaven, we have to perform perfect? t

Upvote 0
"oh ok so we work for salvation huh......so the death of Christ is not enough to get us to heaven, we have to perform perfect? t"

no Christ death enables us to be saved it enables everyone to be saved but you have to have faith in Christ to be saved Jesus died for everyone therefore giving everyone his grace but not everyone chooses to accept and use his grace and to have faith you must have works and i never once said you had to be perfect

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ioustinos

Veteran
Feb 6, 2002
✟56,948.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Today at 12:28 AM Hanani said this in Post #8 (http://www.christianforums.com/showthread.php?postid=668702#post668702)

Jesaiah how did i guess you would jump in on this i think i already argued my point to death in this thread http://www.christianforums.com/threads/28436.html

also more stuff in this thread revolving more specificly around gracehttp://www.christianforums.com/threads/25700-1.html

i don't have the time or motivation to do it again right now but thats another issue

I thought your screen name was familiar. Oh well :sorry:

I still would like to know how you come to the conclusion that people who believe in OSAS us it as an excuse for sin? You don't believe in OSAS but yet you still sin. So what is your point?

Upvote 0

Aviyah

Jan 20, 2003
✟475.00
Faith
Messianic
you must have works

what do you mean by that ?

must have works??...we dont work for salvation

again let me refer you to the following

Ephesians 2:8-9

For by grace are ye saved through faith;

and that not of yourselves:

it is the gift of God: NOT OF WORKS , lest any man should boast

meaning we do not have to do good works in order to be saved we are saved beacuse we chose the free gift in which he gave us

Upvote 0

Jodi Sue

A happy mommy of three
Feb 6, 2003
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟192.00
Faith
Christian
PLEASE GO TO THIS WEBSITE AND READ SOME OF THESE ARTICLES ON "ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED" THEN YOU CAN DECIDE IF THIS IS TRUE.

&nbsp;&nbsp; www.evangelicaloutreach.org

CLICK ON "ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED" LOCATED ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE SCREEN

THEN CLICK ON "ENTER ARTICLE LISTING"

THERE IS A BUNCH OF ARTICLES ON (OSAS)

Upvote 0

Job_38

<font size="1"> In perfect orbit they have circled
Jul 24, 2002
✟2,013.00
Yesterday at 05:35 AM Hanani said this in Post #10

"oh ok so we work for salvation huh......so the death of Christ is not enough to get us to heaven, we have to perform perfect? t"

no Christ death enables us to be saved it enables everyone to be saved but you have to have faith in Christ to be saved Jesus died for everyone therefore giving everyone his grace but not everyone chooses to accept and use his grace and to have faith you must have works and i never once said you had to be perfect

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; So we have to work for it? If we have to keep the faith to be saved, that means we have to work for it. Otherwise, faith is given to us by God and He will never let anyone snatch us from His hands.

&nbsp;

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Job_38

<font size="1"> In perfect orbit they have circled
Jul 24, 2002
✟2,013.00
Today at 04:36 AM Hanani said this in Post #14

soldier works are how you live your life if you have faith you will live your life in a way that reflects upon that

i never said that all who believe it use it as an excuse for sin but the shear fact that it can be used as justification for sinning is unnaceptable

&nbsp;

&nbsp;And the Apostle Paul recognizes this: Romans 6:1-14

Upvote 0

Andrew

Feb 25, 2002
✟13,840.00
Faith
Non-Denom
OKAY HERE'S A GOOD QUESTION................................WHO BELIEVE'S OSAS (ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED)? I PERSONALLY DON'T BELIEVE IN IT. BUT I DO BELIEVE IF YOU REPENT, YOU ARE FORGIVEN.

I believe OSAS.

I dont believe its possible to repent of every sin in order to be forgiven. Given that sin is anything that is not of faith -- ie it includes worry, fear, doubt etc -- it's simply impossible to confess every sin and confess rightly, let alone repent.

IOW technically speaking, if OSNAS is true, then many OSNAS people wld end up in hell cos many will die with unconfessed, unrepented and unforgiven sins. At least the Catholics have purgatory to take of that but not OSNAS protestants dont.

Upvote 0
Job your taking this in the wrong light works and faith should go hand in hand if you don't have one reasoning goes to say you will not have the other

and as far as letting anyone snatch us away from God yes he lets us ourselves snatch us away no one but u can decide weather your going to believe or not u are the only person God that has the power to take yourself away from God no one else it's not other people or satan snatching you away it's ureself and yes God will let you go away from him thats called free will without it life is pointless and everything we believe in as christians is futile

i believe God made us to have someone to share his love with but we botched things and out of his great love he gave us a way out from our mistakes but he will not force you to take that way out if your forcing someone to love and accept you it's not realy love!

Upvote 0

FOMWatts<><

Follower of the Way
Jan 6, 2002
Nacogdoches, Texas
Visit site
✟15,970.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
24th February 2003 at 05:07 PM Hanani said this in Post #18 (http://www.christianforums.com/showthread.php?postid=673691#post673691)

Job your taking this in the wrong light works and faith should go hand in hand if you don't have one reasoning goes to say you will not have the other

and as far as letting anyone snatch us away from God yes he lets us ourselves snatch us away no one but u can decide weather your going to believe or not u are the only person God that has the power to take yourself away from God no one else it's not other people or satan snatching you away it's ureself and yes God will let you go away from him thats called free will without it life is pointless and everything we believe in as christians is futile

i believe God made us to have someone to share his love with but we botched things and out of his great love he gave us a way out from our mistakes but he will not force you to take that way out if your forcing someone to love and accept you it's not realy love!

;) I agree with some of what you said. I agree that faith and works will accompany one another, but faith is required for salvation, and given by God(Ephesians 2:8), and the works are a natural by-product of that faith
, and are planned out by God. (Ephesians 2:10)

8For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God-- 9not by works, so that no one can boast. 10For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

As far as falling away form God, nope. We are not more powerful than God, and the Bible says NOTHING, NO ONE, can snatch us away from His mighty grip. (John 10:29)

John 10
29My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all[1] ; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand. 30I and the Father are one."

Aren't we someone?

We were predestined (CHOSEN EVEN) to be sons/daughters of God.

Romans 8:29
For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers.

Romans 8:30
And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.

Ephesians 1:5
He predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will–

Ephesians 1:11
In him we were also chosen,[Or were made heirs] having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will,

We as humans seem to think it is about us sometimes. It being factual, has NOTHING to do with us, but ALL to do with HIM. IT IS ALL ABOUT HIM. Scripture backs this up, HE came, HE died, HE rose, and He calls HIS children.

Blessings,

FOMWatts<><:bow:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.