Winchester
✟7,902.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've preached no false gospel and I reject your accusation to the contrary. Now, do you have anything of actual value to contribute to the thread?
Hello I am new to this forum. I have preached a false gospel (an accursed message) and I can’t live with my conscience. I am 41 and had a feeling I was going to Hell 5 years ago and called on the name of the Lord to be Saved. I was a Catholic and trying to earn my way to Heaven by good deeds. I came out of the Catholic Church and joined a Pentecostal church which was all about how you feel and supernatural experiences and they didn’t actually preach the Gospel as found in 1 Cor 15 1-4. I was in such a mess spiritually as was terrified of doing anything wrong and being sent to Hell. I left that church and joined a Baptist church which was Calvinist and said if you weren’t living a certain way you were not Saved. I continued to be terrified. During this time I tried to share what these churches had taught me as we are commanded to share our faith and brought tracts and other literature which add human works/effort to the gospel. I also verbally would tell people a false gospel including my family members, one of whom believed the false message also. Later I was given a Blessing from Christ in that a friend showed me 2 sermons with the real gospel of faith alone in Christ alone and faith in His Blood to be Saved. I didn’t want to believe it as the false doctrines were firmly planted in me but that night The Lord woke me up and showed me a terrifying dream whereby I would be eternally separated from
Him and His love if I didn’t Believe simply in His finished work in the cross and nothing else for my Salvation. Now I am Saved and Know it. Unfortunately the doctrine of Paul to the Galatians: if anyone preaches another Gospel let him be accursed is true for me. I cannot live with myself for damning souls to Hell by what I’ve distributed in the past. I know I am forgiven but I have to live the next 40 or however many years I have left knowing that my Brother is going to Hell for Believing what I told him previously and other people who may have also believed the false gospel tracts I gave out. Also not only is my conscience permanently damaged but I am angry at God for not providing churches and Pastors who preach the Truth when I needed it and leading me astray. I have to live with the consequences of what they did whilst I go on Facebook and
see the people who go to these churches happy and full of joy. I want to commit suicide and am praying for the courage to do it and that it doesn’t go wrong but God has accursed my life so it probably would go wrong and I would be left disabled or worse. I have had a stalker, lost all my friends, have no church to go to, am emotionally abused By family members on a regular basis. I was engaged to a man I met at one of these churches last year and happy but he began to also abuse me and told me if I didn’t go ahead with the marriage I would burn in Hell. So I had to involve the police to get away from him. I am accursed as the scripture says. The only happy thing about the whole mess is that I am going to Heaven through no merit of my own but how can I live an accursed life? I am in spiritual agony and have no other Christians in my area to talk to who Believe in faith alone for Salvation. Those that do have also turned their back on me as they live for the world and not for Christ and at one time when I knew them
I was doing my best to live for Jesus but they preferred to do worldly activities and shunned me. I don’t really know what to expect from this post. As my life is accursed I don’t really expect anything as God has a habit of withholding love and kindness from me shown through others. Mostly he just allows me
to experience abuse and pain. I am used to it now and full of bitterness. I usually lie in bed all day as sleep is the only relief my conscience gets. At least God hasn’t taken that away from me (yet!)

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟83,769.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That’s your opinion.

He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 1 John 2:4

“Knowing Him” is the biblical definition of eternal life.

Christians who claim to “know Him” yet live in disobedience before Him, are liars and the truth is not in them.

This is the way we are instructed to remain “in Christ”.

Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us. 1 John 3:24

It’s a love issue.

If you don’t want to obey our Lord and the commandments He have us to love Him, by loving His children, then you have a problem, and I would suggest you deal with it now while you are still alive.

For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome. 1 John 5:3

“If you love Me, keep My commandments. John 14:15

JLB

The commandments defined by John are Love the lord your God and Love your neighbor as yourself.

Want to make a bet on that?

• Useful
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟83,769.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That’s your opinion.

He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 1 John 2:4

“Knowing Him” is the biblical definition of eternal life.

Christians who claim to “know Him” yet live in disobedience before Him, are liars and the truth is not in them.

This is the way we are instructed to remain “in Christ”.

Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us. 1 John 3:24

It’s a love issue.

If you don’t want to obey our Lord and the commandments He have us to love Him, by loving His children, then you have a problem, and I would suggest you deal with it now while you are still alive.

For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome. 1 John 5:3

“If you love Me, keep My commandments. John 14:15

JLB

You’re bringing it all back to the Law.

The Law is 613 commands, signified by the Stone Decalogue.

I won’t tussle with you, because you’re reading the law as 1 Corinthians 3 says. If you honestly exegeted Galatians, with full biblical context in place, you wouldn’t be happy with the posts you’re making.

All blessings in Christ to you.

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
How do you believe that we receive the Holy Spirit? What do you believe the gospel IS and what do YOU believe it means to BELIEVE the gospel? (Romans 1:16)

I don't, yet you continue to confuse "descriptive" passages of scripture with "prescriptive" passages of scripture and the end result is works salvation. I could explain this to you until I'm blue in the face, but it's like talking to a brick wall.

*Notice - everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. - (descriptive of believers) He who does not love does not know God. - (descriptive of unbelievers)

Once again, keeping His commandments is the effect of abiding in Christ and not the cause. You have it backwards because you teach works salvation. The context does not support your argument.

Quoting and misinterpreting this same scripture over and over again along with the context, while ignoring other passages of scripture as well (1 John 2:3-4; 1 John 4:13,15) will not change the truth that keeping His commandments is the effect of abiding in Christ and not the cause.

Keeping His commandments is the demonstrative evidence that we know Him, are in Him and love Him, but is not the cause of remaining in Him or the basis or means by which we are saved, which is by grace through faith, not works. (Romans 4:5-6; Ephesians 2:8,9; 1 Peter 1:9)

Keeping His commandments are how we remain “in Christ”.

JLB

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The commandments defined by John are Love the lord your God and Love your neighbor as yourself.

Want to make a bet on that?

Love the Lord and love your neighbor is the sum of the commandments.

If you have other gods before Him, is that loving God or hating God?

If you murder your neighbor is that loving your neighbor or hating your neighbor?

Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law. For the commandments, “You shall not commit adultery,” “You shall not murder,” “You shall not steal,” “You shall not bear false witness,” “You shall not covet,” and if there is any other commandment, are all summed up in this saying, namely, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.
Romans 13:8-10

The doctrine of Christ is all about Love; Loving God and loving your neighbor.

Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son. 2 John 9

JLB

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You’re bringing it all back to the Law.

The Law is 613 commands, signified by the Stone Decalogue.

I won’t tussle with you, because you’re reading the law as 1 Corinthians 3 says. If you honestly exegeted Galatians, with full biblical context in place, you wouldn’t be happy with the posts you’re making.

All blessings in Christ to you.

The law of Moses has been abolished in His flesh, nailed to the cross.

And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses, having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross. Colossians 2:13-24

again

For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation, having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace, Ephesians 2:14-15

No more law of Moses.

Are you under the impression that the commandments somehow originated with Moses?

I get that impression from you since you keep bring up the 613.

Abraham our father walked in obedience to God and His commandments 430 years before the law of Moses.

JLB

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟83,769.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The law of Moses has been abolished in His flesh, nailed to the cross.

And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses, having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross. Colossians 2:13-24

again

For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation, having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace, Ephesians 2:14-15

No more law of Moses.

Are you under the impression that the commandments somehow originated with Moses?

I get that impression from you since you keep bring up the 613.

Abraham our father walked in obedience to God and His commandments 430 years before the law of Moses.

JLB

You’re not speaking about Moses. This was my concern.

You have acknowledged Moses is crucified in His flesh.

Christ Bless you.

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟83,769.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Keeping His commandments are how we remain “in Christ”.

JLB

Romans 8:9 and Ephesians 1:13 is the direct answer.

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Romans 8:9 and Ephesians 1:13 is the direct answer.

A direct answer to what.

Christians must remain “in Christ” or be cast into the fire and burned.

If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned. John 15:6

The only answer there is, is to keep His commandments.

JLB

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟83,769.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A direct answer to what.

Christians must remain “in Christ” or be cast into the fire and burned.

If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned. John 15:6

The only answer there is, is to keep His commandments.

JLB

I understand your point, but we mess up, even Love.

Salvation is by faith, alone.

• Useful
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I understand your point, but we mess up, even Love.

Salvation is by faith, alone.

Thank goodness for His mercy!

Yes, we mess up.

The we learn from our foolish mistakes and we grow up.

Could you share a scripture that says we are saved by faith alone?

JLB

• Friendly
Reactions: Grip Docility
Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟83,769.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank goodness for His mercy!

Yes, we mess up.

The we learn from our foolish mistakes and we grow up.

Could you share a scripture that says we are saved by faith alone?

JLB

Galatians 3 and Galatians 4

Romans 4 and Romans 10

Ephesians 2 and John 3:16

John 5:39-41, John 6:29, John 6:63

There’s more... should I post it?

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟83,769.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@JLB777

Scripture Wall (Faith/Grace Only)

Reference What Does the Bible Say About Justification By Faith Alone?

Justification By Faith Alone

Galatians 2:16 ESV / 1,060 helpful votes
Yet we know that a person is not justified by works of the law but through faith in Jesus Christ, so we also have believed in Christ Jesus, in order to be justified by faith in Christ and not by works of the law, because by works of the law no one will be justified.

Romans 3:28 ESV / 1,016 helpful votes
For we hold that one is justified by faith apart from works of the law.

Romans 5:1 ESV / 911 helpful votes
Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Romans 4:5 ESV / 840 helpful votes
And to the one who does not work but believes in him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted as righteousness,

Romans 4:3 ESV / 806 helpful votes
For what does the Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness.”

James 2:24 ESV / 710 helpful votes
You see that a person is justified by works and not by faith alone.

Philippians 3:9 ESV / 710 helpful votes
And be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God that depends on faith—

Ephesians 2:8-9 ESV / 683 helpful votes
For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Ephesians 2:8 ESV / 665 helpful votes
For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God,

John 5:24 ESV / 609 helpful votes
Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.

James 2:23 ESV / 540 helpful votes
And the Scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness”—and he was called a friend of God.

John 3:16 ESV / 537 helpful votes
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

Romans 11:6 ESV / 512 helpful votes
But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works; otherwise grace would no longer be grace.

Romans 3:20 ESV / 505 helpful votes
For by works of the law no human being will be justified in his sight, since through the law comes knowledge of sin.

Galatians 3:24 ESV / 500 helpful votes
So then, the law was our guardian until Christ came, in order that we might be justified by faith.

Galatians 2:21 ESV / 486 helpful votes
I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness were through the law, then Christ died for no purpose.

Genesis 15:6 ESV / 466 helpful votes
And he believed the Lord, and he counted it to him as righteousness.

Galatians 5:6 ESV / 464 helpful votes
For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision counts for anything, but only faith working through love.

John 3:36 ESV / 463 helpful votes
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him.

Romans 4:16 ESV / 453 helpful votes
That is why it depends on faith, in order that the promise may rest on grace and be guaranteed to all his offspring—not only to the adherent of the law but also to the one who shares the faith of Abraham, who is the father of us all,

Acts 16:31 ESV / 447 helpful votes
And they said, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.”

James 2:1-26 ESV / 436 helpful votes
My brothers, show no partiality as you hold the faith in our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory. For if a man wearing a gold ring and fine clothing comes into your assembly, and a poor man in shabby clothing also comes in, and if you pay attention to the one who wears the fine clothing and say, “You sit here in a good place,” while you say to the poor man, “You stand over there,” or, “Sit down at my feet,” have you not then made distinctions among yourselves and become judges with evil thoughts? Listen, my beloved brothers, has not God chosen those who are poor in the world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom, which he has promised to those who love him? ...

James 2:20 ESV / 433 helpful votes
Do you want to be shown, you foolish person, that faith apart from works is useless?

Romans 3:22 ESV / 431 helpful votes
The righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all who believe. For there is no distinction:

James 2:14 ESV / 430 helpful votes
What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him?

Romans 4:1-25 ESV / 417 helpful votes
What then shall we say was gained by Abraham, our forefather according to the flesh? For if Abraham was justified by works, he has something to boast about, but not before God. For what does the Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness.” Now to the one who works, his wages are not counted as a gift but as his due. And to the one who does not work but believes in him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted as righteousness, ...

John 1:12 ESV / 416 helpful votes
But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God,

Romans 9:30 ESV / 400 helpful votes
What shall we say, then? That Gentiles who did not pursue righteousness have attained it, that is, a righteousness that is by faith;

Romans 1:17 ESV / 389 helpful votes
For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith for faith, as it is written, “The righteous shall live by faith.”

Romans 4:11 ESV / 388 helpful votes
He received the sign of circumcision as a seal of the righteousness that he had by faith while he was still uncircumcised. The purpose was to make him the father of all who believe without being circumcised, so that righteousness would be counted to them as well,

James 2:14-26 ESV / 361 helpful votes
What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for the body, what good is that? So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead. But someone will say, “You have faith and I have works.” Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works. ...

Romans 3:24 ESV / 360 helpful votes
And are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus,

John 3:18 ESV / 354 helpful votes
Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.

Romans 3:26 ESV / 348 helpful votes
It was to show his righteousness at the present time, so that he might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.

Galatians 3:11 ESV / 344 helpful votes
Now it is evident that no one is justified before God by the law, for “The righteous shall live by faith.”

Galatians 3:22 ESV / 342 helpful votes
But the Scripture imprisoned everything under sin, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.

Acts 10:43 ESV / 341 helpful votes
To him all the prophets bear witness that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name.”

Romans 5:9 ESV / 337 helpful votes
Since, therefore, we have now been justified by his blood, much more shall we be saved by him from the wrath of God.

Galatians 2:20 ESV / 330 helpful votes
I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Romans 10:4 ESV / 328 helpful votes
For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

Romans 2:13 ESV / 328 helpful votes
For it is not the hearers of the law who are righteous before God, but the doers of the law who will be justified.

2 Corinthians 5:21 ESV / 327 helpful votes
For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

Romans 5:1-2 ESV / 324 helpful votes
Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Galatians 3:8 ESV / 321 helpful votes
And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel beforehand to Abraham, saying, “In you shall all the nations be blessed.”

Titus 3:5 ESV / 319 helpful votes
He saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit,

John 6:40 ESV / 317 helpful votes
For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.”

1 Timothy 1:16 ESV / 307 helpful votes
But I received mercy for this reason, that in me, as the foremost, Jesus Christ might display his perfect patience as an example to those who were to believe in him for eternal life.

2 Corinthians 5:17 ESV / 305 helpful votes
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.

Galatians 3:6 ESV / 301 helpful votes
Just as Abraham “believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness”?

1 Corinthians 1:21 ESV / 301 helpful votes
For since, in the wisdom of God, the world did not know God through wisdom, it pleased God through the folly of what we preach to save those who believe.

Romans 10:9 ESV / 299 helpful votes
Because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Acts 2:38 ESV / 281 helpful votes
And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Romans 3:23 ESV / 280 helpful votes
For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

John 6:47 ESV / 278 helpful votes
Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes has eternal life.

James 2:10 ESV / 277 helpful votes
For whoever keeps the whole law but fails in one point has become accountable for all of it.

Romans 3:27 ESV / 273 helpful votes
Then what becomes of our boasting? It is excluded. By what kind of law? By a law of works? No, but by the law of faith.

The link came out to over 18000 characters of verses, so I couldn’t drop all of them...

Full list of verses here.... What Does the Bible Say About Justification By Faith Alone?

• Winner
Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟83,769.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@JLB777

Scripture Wall, part 2 OSAS....= is Grace

Reference Given in previous post...

Romans 6:23 ESV / 271 helpful votes
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 5:18 ESV / 268 helpful votes
Therefore, as one trespass led to condemnation for all men, so one act of righteousness leads to justification and life for all men.

Romans 5:2 ESV / 267 helpful votes
Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Romans 4:25 ESV / 267 helpful votes
Who was delivered up for our trespasses and raised for our justification.

Romans 3:30 ESV / 265 helpful votes
Since God is one—who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through faith.

Ephesians 2:10 ESV / 264 helpful votes
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.

Ephesians 1:13 ESV / 261 helpful votes
In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit,

Acts 26:18 ESV / 261 helpful votes
To open their eyes, so that they may turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me.’

Ephesians 2:8-10 ESV / 260 helpful votes
For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.

James 2:17 ESV / 258 helpful votes
So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

Galatians 3:14 ESV / 255 helpful votes
So that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles, so that we might receive the promised Spirit through faith.

John 6:28-29 ESV / 255 helpful votes
Then they said to him, “What must we do, to be doing the works of God?” Jesus answered them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in him whom he has sent.”

Romans 10:10 ESV / 251 helpful votes
For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.

John 1:29 ESV / 245 helpful votes
The next day he saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

Romans 3:10 ESV / 244 helpful votes
As it is written: “None is righteous, no, not one;

Mark 16:16 ESV / 237 helpful votes
Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

Galatians 3:10 ESV / 236 helpful votes
For all who rely on works of the law are under a curse; for it is written, “Cursed be everyone who does not abide by all things written in the Book of the Law, and do them.”

James 2:21 ESV / 232 helpful votes
Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered up his son Isaac on the altar?

Romans 3:24-25 ESV / 232 helpful votes
And are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, whom God put forward as a propitiation by his blood, to be received by faith. This was to show God's righteousness, because in his divine forbearance he had passed over former sins.

Acts 3:19 ESV / 230 helpful votes
Repent therefore, and turn again, that your sins may be blotted out,

1 Corinthians 1:30 ESV / 229 helpful votes
And because of him you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, righteousness and sanctification and redemption,

John 5:28-29 ESV / 229 helpful votes
Do not marvel at this, for an hour is coming when all who are in the tombs will hear his voice and come out, those who have done good to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil to the resurrection of judgment.

Acts 13:39 ESV / 227 helpful votes
And by him everyone who believes is freed from everything from which you could not be freed by the law of Moses.

Romans 3:25 ESV / 226 helpful votes
Whom God put forward as a propitiation by his blood, to be received by faith. This was to show God's righteousness, because in his divine forbearance he had passed over former sins.

Galatians 3:1-29 ESV / 221 helpful votes
O foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you? It was before your eyes that Jesus Christ was publicly portrayed as crucified. Let me ask you only this: Did you receive the Spirit by works of the law or by hearing with faith? Are you so foolish? Having begun by the Spirit, are you now being perfected by the flesh? Did you suffer so many things in vain—if indeed it was in vain? Does he who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you do so by works of the law, or by hearing with faith— ...

Philippians 2:12 ESV / 217 helpful votes
Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, so now, not only as in my presence but much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling,

Mark 1:15 ESV / 213 helpful votes
And saying, “The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel.”

1 John 3:4 ESV / 212 helpful votes
Everyone who makes a practice of sinning also practices lawlessness; sin is lawlessness.

Romans 8:1 ESV / 210 helpful votes
There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.

Matthew 25:31-46 ESV / 209 helpful votes
“When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne. Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. And he will place the sheep on his right, but the goats on the left. Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, ...

Romans 3:21-26 ESV / 207 helpful votes
But now the righteousness of God has been manifested apart from the law, although the Law and the Prophets bear witness to it— the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all who believe. For there is no distinction: for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, whom God put forward as a propitiation by his blood, to be received by faith. This was to show God's righteousness, because in his divine forbearance he had passed over former sins. ...

Galatians 5:4 ESV / 205 helpful votes
You are severed from Christ, you who would be justified by the law; you have fallen away from grace.

Galatians 5:19-21 ESV / 204 helpful votes
Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Habakkuk 2:4 ESV / 203 helpful votes
“Behold, his soul is puffed up; it is not upright within him, but the righteous shall live by his faith.

Romans 10:17 ESV / 202 helpful votes
So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.

1 Timothy 3:16 ESV / 200 helpful votes
Great indeed, we confess, is the mystery of godliness: He was manifested in the flesh, vindicated by the Spirit, seen by angels, proclaimed among the nations, believed on in the world, taken up in glory.

Romans 10:9-10 ESV / 196 helpful votes
Because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.

James 2:25 ESV / 195 helpful votes
And in the same way was not also Rahab the prostitute justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out by another way?

Romans 8:4 ESV / 194 helpful votes
In order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

John 20:31 ESV / 191 helpful votes
But these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.

Romans 10:3 ESV / 190 helpful votes
For, being ignorant of the righteousness of God, and seeking to establish their own, they did not submit to God's righteousness.

John 8:24 ESV / 188 helpful votes
I told you that you would die in your sins, for unless you believe that I am he you will die in your sins.”

Romans 1:5 ESV / 187 helpful votes
Through whom we have received grace and apostleship to bring about the obedience of faith for the sake of his name among all the nations,

Romans 1:16 ESV / 177 helpful votes
For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Galatians 3 and Galatians 4

Romans 4 and Romans 10

Ephesians 2 and John 3:16

John 5:39-41, John 6:29, John 6:63

There’s more... should I post it?

I asked for a scripture, not a scripture reference.

There is not one single scripture that says we are saved by faith alone.

If you have one then please post, or repent to teaching something false to God’s children.

JLB

• Optimistic
Reactions: Grip Docility
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
@JLB777

Scripture Wall (Faith/Grace Only)

Reference What Does the Bible Say About Justification By Faith Alone?

Justification By Faith Alone

Galatians 2:16 ESV / 1,060 helpful votes
Yet we know that a person is not justified by works of the law but through faith in Jesus Christ, so we also have believed in Christ Jesus, in order to be justified by faith in Christ and not by works of the law, because by works of the law no one will be justified.

Romans 3:28 ESV / 1,016 helpful votes
For we hold that one is justified by faith apart from works of the law.

Romans 5:1 ESV / 911 helpful votes
Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Romans 4:5 ESV / 840 helpful votes
And to the one who does not work but believes in him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted as righteousness,

Romans 4:3 ESV / 806 helpful votes
For what does the Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness.”

James 2:24 ESV / 710 helpful votes
You see that a person is justified by works and not by faith alone.

Philippians 3:9 ESV / 710 helpful votes
And be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God that depends on faith—

Ephesians 2:8-9 ESV / 683 helpful votes
For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Ephesians 2:8 ESV / 665 helpful votes
For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God,

John 5:24 ESV / 609 helpful votes
Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.

James 2:23 ESV / 540 helpful votes
And the Scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness”—and he was called a friend of God.

John 3:16 ESV / 537 helpful votes
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

Romans 11:6 ESV / 512 helpful votes
But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works; otherwise grace would no longer be grace.

Romans 3:20 ESV / 505 helpful votes
For by works of the law no human being will be justified in his sight, since through the law comes knowledge of sin.

Galatians 3:24 ESV / 500 helpful votes
So then, the law was our guardian until Christ came, in order that we might be justified by faith.

Galatians 2:21 ESV / 486 helpful votes
I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness were through the law, then Christ died for no purpose.

Genesis 15:6 ESV / 466 helpful votes
And he believed the Lord, and he counted it to him as righteousness.

Galatians 5:6 ESV / 464 helpful votes
For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision counts for anything, but only faith working through love.

John 3:36 ESV / 463 helpful votes
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him.

Romans 4:16 ESV / 453 helpful votes
That is why it depends on faith, in order that the promise may rest on grace and be guaranteed to all his offspring—not only to the adherent of the law but also to the one who shares the faith of Abraham, who is the father of us all,

Acts 16:31 ESV / 447 helpful votes
And they said, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.”

James 2:1-26 ESV / 436 helpful votes
My brothers, show no partiality as you hold the faith in our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory. For if a man wearing a gold ring and fine clothing comes into your assembly, and a poor man in shabby clothing also comes in, and if you pay attention to the one who wears the fine clothing and say, “You sit here in a good place,” while you say to the poor man, “You stand over there,” or, “Sit down at my feet,” have you not then made distinctions among yourselves and become judges with evil thoughts? Listen, my beloved brothers, has not God chosen those who are poor in the world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom, which he has promised to those who love him? ...

James 2:20 ESV / 433 helpful votes
Do you want to be shown, you foolish person, that faith apart from works is useless?

Romans 3:22 ESV / 431 helpful votes
The righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all who believe. For there is no distinction:

James 2:14 ESV / 430 helpful votes
What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him?

Romans 4:1-25 ESV / 417 helpful votes
What then shall we say was gained by Abraham, our forefather according to the flesh? For if Abraham was justified by works, he has something to boast about, but not before God. For what does the Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness.” Now to the one who works, his wages are not counted as a gift but as his due. And to the one who does not work but believes in him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted as righteousness, ...

John 1:12 ESV / 416 helpful votes
But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God,

Romans 9:30 ESV / 400 helpful votes
What shall we say, then? That Gentiles who did not pursue righteousness have attained it, that is, a righteousness that is by faith;

Romans 1:17 ESV / 389 helpful votes
For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith for faith, as it is written, “The righteous shall live by faith.”

Romans 4:11 ESV / 388 helpful votes
He received the sign of circumcision as a seal of the righteousness that he had by faith while he was still uncircumcised. The purpose was to make him the father of all who believe without being circumcised, so that righteousness would be counted to them as well,

James 2:14-26 ESV / 361 helpful votes
What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for the body, what good is that? So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead. But someone will say, “You have faith and I have works.” Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works. ...

Romans 3:24 ESV / 360 helpful votes
And are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus,

John 3:18 ESV / 354 helpful votes
Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.

Romans 3:26 ESV / 348 helpful votes
It was to show his righteousness at the present time, so that he might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.

Galatians 3:11 ESV / 344 helpful votes
Now it is evident that no one is justified before God by the law, for “The righteous shall live by faith.”

Galatians 3:22 ESV / 342 helpful votes
But the Scripture imprisoned everything under sin, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.

Acts 10:43 ESV / 341 helpful votes
To him all the prophets bear witness that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name.”

Romans 5:9 ESV / 337 helpful votes
Since, therefore, we have now been justified by his blood, much more shall we be saved by him from the wrath of God.

Galatians 2:20 ESV / 330 helpful votes
I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Romans 10:4 ESV / 328 helpful votes
For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

Romans 2:13 ESV / 328 helpful votes
For it is not the hearers of the law who are righteous before God, but the doers of the law who will be justified.

2 Corinthians 5:21 ESV / 327 helpful votes
For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

Romans 5:1-2 ESV / 324 helpful votes
Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Galatians 3:8 ESV / 321 helpful votes
And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel beforehand to Abraham, saying, “In you shall all the nations be blessed.”

Titus 3:5 ESV / 319 helpful votes
He saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit,

John 6:40 ESV / 317 helpful votes
For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.”

1 Timothy 1:16 ESV / 307 helpful votes
But I received mercy for this reason, that in me, as the foremost, Jesus Christ might display his perfect patience as an example to those who were to believe in him for eternal life.

2 Corinthians 5:17 ESV / 305 helpful votes
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.

Galatians 3:6 ESV / 301 helpful votes
Just as Abraham “believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness”?

1 Corinthians 1:21 ESV / 301 helpful votes
For since, in the wisdom of God, the world did not know God through wisdom, it pleased God through the folly of what we preach to save those who believe.

Romans 10:9 ESV / 299 helpful votes
Because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Acts 2:38 ESV / 281 helpful votes
And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Romans 3:23 ESV / 280 helpful votes
For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

John 6:47 ESV / 278 helpful votes
Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes has eternal life.

James 2:10 ESV / 277 helpful votes
For whoever keeps the whole law but fails in one point has become accountable for all of it.

Romans 3:27 ESV / 273 helpful votes
Then what becomes of our boasting? It is excluded. By what kind of law? By a law of works? No, but by the law of faith.

The link came out to over 18000 characters of verses, so I couldn’t drop all of them...

Full list of verses here.... What Does the Bible Say About Justification By Faith Alone?

That’s man’s doctrine, which is called a tradition of men.

Traditions, or teachings on man, makes the word of God of no effect.

JLB

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟83,769.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That’s man’s doctrine, which is called a tradition of men.

Traditions, or teachings on man, makes the word of God of no effect.

JLB

@JLB777

If you are confronted with Scripture... as in canonized Biblical Scripture, of such magnitude that is incontestable, which it is... and you call the BIBLE “Man’s Doctrine”... you may be blinding your eyes to those scriptures without even realizing it. I’m sincere. It seems like “man’s” Doctrine May be turning you from “God’s 66 book Doctrine”.

I say the previous in Love, to you. But, I say it sincere.

You asked for Scripture and I posted over 18,000 characters of scripture that specify Faith/Grace alone in full (2 Timothy 3:16) glory.

If you’re contesting scripture... I would suggest you may have allowed someone besides the Holy Spirit of Christ (Romans 8:9)... to teach you (1 John 2:27).

I could be wrong, but I would go so far as to say you may have made room for an extra biblical Prophet.

I just gave you God’s Doctrine, through Holy Inspired writings, contained from the 66 Canonical Books of Scripture that drew from some of the 39 OT books and many of the 27 NT books.

I didn’t post a single word of my own, but used scripture alone, including a wall of scripture that spanned more than 18,000 characters.

Man’s Doctrine?

It’s in the Bible and it is clear. Why this statement?

I posted more straight scripture and scripture links.

How are you calling the scripture of God, “Man’s Doctrine”?

I didn’t just post verses, I posted scripture in context and mannnnnnnnnmnnnnnny verses.

Man’s Doctrine?

Posts 652-653-654 are nothing but Scripture.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
@JLB777

You asked for Scripture and I posted over 18,000 characters of scripture that specify Faith/Grace alone in full (2 Timothy 3:16) glory.

If you’re contesting scripture... I would suggest you may have allowed someone besides the Holy Spirit of Christ (Romans 8:9)... to teach you (1 John 2:27).

I could be wrong, but I would go so far as to say you may have made room for an extra biblical Prophet.

I just gave you God’s Doctrine, through Holy Inspired writings, contained from the 66 Canonical Books of Scripture that drew from some of the 39 OT books and many of the 27 NT books.

I didn’t post a single word of my own, but used scripture alone, including a wall of scripture that spanned more than 18,000 characters.

Man’s Doctrine?

It’s in the Bible and it is clear. Why this statement?

I posted more straight scripture and scripture links.

How are you calling the scripture of God, “Man’s Doctrine”?

I didn’t just post verses, I posted scripture in context and mannnnnnnnnmnnnnnny verses.

Man’s Doctrine?

So far, you have not provided one single scripture that says we are saved by “faith alone”.

Faith alone can not save, because faith requires something to make it come alive, otherwise faith is dead, inactive and incomplete, just as a body is dead and incomplete without a spirit.

Do you what it is that makes faith complete and able to produce the intended divine result?

I’ll wait for your answer, and the scripture that says we are justified by faith “alone”.

JLB

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟83,769.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So far, you have not provided one single scripture that says we are saved by “faith alone”.

Faith alone can not save, because faith requires something to make it come alive, otherwise faith is dead, inactive and incomplete, just as a body is dead and incomplete without a spirit.

Do you what it is that makes faith complete and able to produce the intended divine result?

I’ll wait for your answer, and the scripture that says we are justified by faith “alone”.

JLB

Friend if you refuse to read the passages of scripture that God placed in HIS Bible and I provided that say exactly that, and claim the enormously long list of scripture is “Man’s Doctrine”... we aren’t going to see eye to eye.

If you read a fraction of what I posted and exegeted it out... you would fold.

You’re ignoring scripture.

I can’t impede your free will to do so.

#651 to #654 on this thread is where you lost the debate.

Anything else is my concerned Love for you... that follows.

• Agree
Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Friend if you refuse to read the passages of scripture that God placed in HIS Bible and I provided that say exactly that, and claim the enormously long list of scripture is “Man’s Doctrine”... we aren’t going to see eye to eye.

If you read a fraction of what I posted and exegeted it out... you would fold.

You’re ignoring scripture.

I can’t impede your free will to do so.

#651 to #654 on this thread is where you lost the debate.

Anything else is my concerned Love for you... that follows.

I asked for one scripture, that says we are saved by faith “alone”.

One.

There is no debate.

There is only a question, that has yet to be answered.

Please provide a scripture that says we are saved by faith “alone”.

“Alone” is added by man.

JLB

Upvote 0