USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Me too, so thank goodness I didn't say anything like that. I merely provided a short factual answer to a short factual question about the presence of DNA in cells.

The Proofs I presented was a list of 6, and didn't refer to DNA but to physical things that broke the laws of nature to come into existence. These miracles are not simply physical (though they are that), they also convey information.

The OP asked for non-idiosyncratic, external proof. My list of 6, above, was my answer to that. My answer, that every cell contains DNA, of course, was merely a short answer to a science quiz question.
I was referring to the post by @Danielwright2311 . Sorry for confusion.

Upvote 0

Vicomte13

Jan 6, 2016
Westport, Connecticut
✟93,837.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Einstein said he was searching for God ,and that was why he studied maths and physics . God therefore gave him the job of bringing us into the modern world, which He had promised .
Dawkins has made no breakthroughs , but those who do, are at least Deists and many are Christians of different dénominations .

Indeed. Einstein said that his god was Spinoza's god.

Upvote 0

Toolbelt

Apr 23, 2018
northeast
✟32,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Yeah. that doesn't work on me when it comes to God.
Disproving gods existence is just as difficult. Chances are that the question of the non existance of god will remain unsolved by modern science as well.

Upvote 0

Toolbelt

Apr 23, 2018
northeast
✟32,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Philip_B

Bread is Blessed & Broken Wine is Blessed & Poured
Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2016
Swansea, NSW, Australia
Visit site
✟609,008.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Theology is a branch of philosophy. I was referring to the natural sciences and the existential questions surrounding the non existence of a deity.
Perhaps it might be better said that philosophy is a branch of theology. In an historical perspective that is probably more correct.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟818,615.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I have always been skeptical about it. I just want to believe, I am trying, but can't!
Can anyone just give me real proofs that God exists? Not something personal because I won't believe it. How do I know that the Bible isn't only a fairytale? Are there any scientific proofs that Jesus really came to us? I am open to anything! Please!
Well, don't know if this will help but if God gave Moses things to write down about future events, would it help?

Upvote 0

Basil the Great

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2009
✟721,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
I read a book decades ago while in college that was written by a philosopher. He laid out all of the arguments for and against the reality of God. His final analysis was that the odds for God's existence were slightly better than 50-50 and not because God had to create the Universe, as this philosopher felt that it could have been created by chance. However, he felt that some power was sustaining the Universe and has done so for ages and that therefore this power is most likely a Supreme Intelligence, aka God.

As for the Bible or the Koran or any other religious scriptures, God's existence is not dependent upon what man has written down about Him, as important as religious scriptures may be. We cannot prove God's existence via the scientific method. For those who believe in God, we see signs that He exists all around us. However, God is still quite mysterious in many ways. No human can fully understand the Ultimate Reality that God is. Truth be told, it all comes down to faith. Each person must decide for themselves if God is real or not.

• Prayers
Reactions: Erik Nelson
Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I have always been skeptical about it. I just want to believe, I am trying, but can't!
Can anyone just give me real proofs that God exists? Not something personal because I won't believe it. How do I know that the Bible isn't only a fairytale? Are there any scientific proofs that Jesus really came to us? I am open to anything! Please!
Since God as revealed in Christianity(and Judaism) is inherently personal, to prove that God exists without reference to personal relationship is oxymoronic.
Scientific proofs limit themselves to proving things. God is not a thing. God's essence is in relationship.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
For a purely secular understanding of God and Christianity, there is no better resource that Jordan Peterson's You- tube videos of the Bible.
His ideas are not based in fairy tales, but in pragmatically and historically and psychologically understanding what God means and what role God has played in the creation of Western society and Western culture and the Western mind.
His understanding, unlike that of a Christian, is not based in faith in the supernatural, but in the effect that believing in God has had in shaping a society.

I think a correct understanding of his work would invite the learner to not limit him or herself to the scientific world, which is the world that is fully seen and fully known. For it is the nature of reality, which includes a fading past, and a future that is never fully in focus, that what is unknown is always greater than what is known. Believing in God stretches one's imagination in order to be able to adventure into the unknown with faith and confidence necessary.

Upvote 0

derpytia

Compassion.
Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2016
United States
✟287,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single

May I recommend this book:

"The Case For Christ" by Lee Strobel

It's in English and may or may not be available in your country but you can always order it online :)

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yeah. that doesn't work on me when it comes to God.

What doesn't work on you?
If you do not believe in God, why have you identified as Eastern Orthodox? I am not a member of that denomination but, am I mistaken in my long held assumption that one major requirement of the Eastern Orthodox religion is belief that God does actually exist? It seems to me that just about all Christian religious denominations require that and belief in the Resurrection to be pretty much necessary understandings in order to consider oneself a part of them.

Upvote 0

Erik Nelson

Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2017
Utah
✟347,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The strongest cases, of which I'm aware, for "fine tuning" and a "Divine Hand" at work from the creation of Earth are:

gy=c
Earth's gravitational acceleration (g = 9.81 m/s/s) times one Earth year (y = 3.17e7 s) = speed of light (c = 3e8 m/s)…
to within about 3%

g = Gm/r^2
given Earth's rocky composition, if you know the mass (m) you know the radius (r)…
so there's really only one variable there, the mass of Earth (m)

y = sqrt(GM/D^3)
it depends on the mass of the Sun (M) and our orbital distance (D=1AU)
but, of course, we must reside within our Sun's Habitable Zone, whose orbital distance depends on the mass (and luminosity) of the Sun...
so, again, there's really only one variable here, too, namely the mass of the Sun (M)

so the coincidence that gy=c ultimately reflects the conspicuous "choice" of values of Earth's mass (m) and the Sun's mass (M)

Moon & Sun are same size on the sky
This requires a particular balance between the size of the Moon, which depends on its mass (u); and its orbital distance from Earth (d)

Titus-Bode Law
Our planetary system is very regular, with planets spaced at geometrically increasing intervals, more so than any currently known exoplanetary system (to my knowledge)

It's almost as if the proto-solar nebula was somehow "sculpted" by a "Divine Presence" "hovering over the space-gas & dust".

Upvote 0

Erik Nelson

Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2017
Utah
✟347,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I read a book decades ago while in college that was written by a philosopher. He laid out all of the arguments for and against the reality of God. His final analysis was that the odds for God's existence were slightly better than 50-50 and not because God had to create the Universe, as this philosopher felt that it could have been created by chance. However, he felt that some power was sustaining the Universe and has done so for ages and that therefore this power is most likely a Supreme Intelligence, aka God.

As for the Bible or the Koran or any other religious scriptures, God's existence is not dependent upon what man has written down about Him, as important as religious scriptures may be. We cannot prove God's existence via the scientific method. For those who believe in God, we see signs that He exists all around us. However, God is still quite mysterious in many ways. No human can fully understand the Ultimate Reality that God is. Truth be told, it all comes down to faith. Each person must decide for themselves if God is real or not.
Dozens & dozens of people, for thousands and thousands of years, have reported receiving meaningful, intelligible "audio video" messages (Divine Voices, Visions, Dreams) from a super-intelligent source in heaven. Although often separated by centuries, the messages appear to be consistent & continuous communication with surprising supra-natural "prophetic" abilities to forecast human behavior at a pan-species, pan-planetary scale.

"Transcripts" of those "transmissions" have been committed to paper.

The question is, does one accept that all those dozens & dozens of "Prophets" were in fact communicatively "Contacted" by supra-terrestrial Heavenly Powers...

or does one dismiss them all (usually because one has not experienced similar revelations directly & personally) ?

(Note that this amounts to someone refusing to believe Moses' reports of Divine Communications... until and unless God in heaven chooses that someone... to be the next Moses! "If it doesn't happen to me, it never happened to anyone". Such is not logically valid. God in heaven would be able to pick & choose when, where & to whom to transmit Divine Messages.)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I like what this rap singer said one time "NF". Basically said..as we walk this earth its a slap in the face that God is real. Take the clouds.. just happen to hold water to water the land.. wow..what a random thing to happen. Then talk to a DOC about the human body..what they to this very day can still NOT even understand.

One can call out to ALL the so called GODS of this world.. only ONE will ever answer. So.. ask Him...no really.. if your so REAL blah blah blah. The key is you must ask from your heart.. one must really mean it. And HE WILL ANSWER!

Upvote 0

Anna Scott

May 29, 2009
Texas
✟21,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If you study world history, you will find similar stories across the globe.

Every culture has a flood story.

Archeology points that there was once a global, technologically advanced civilization in line with the pre flood people's.

There is a story in Mayan culture about the sun not coming up for an entire day, right around the time of the Exodus, and moses holding up his staff to stop the sun from setting.

Background radiation studies point to an order within the explosive energy of the "big bang", which scientists are coming more and more open to being evidence of a creator.

Drilling in polar Ice caps is giving increasing evidence for a global flood by ice layer analysis.

Beyond that look at the overwhelming amount of visions, miracles and other such things recorded in history.

Do you really think the aposles would have died for a lie, when they had nothing to gain?

I used to be agnostic. But meditating on these things led me to the church.

☦Marius☦,

Excellent points.

• Friendly
Reactions: ☦Marius☦
Upvote 0