Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Can someone supply me with a quotation from Paul Evdokimov's book Orthodoxy? It's only a few lines, from somewhere around page 35. I need the exact words used in the English edition.
MTIA
I don't have that book, but I wanted to say, welcome to CF and to TAW!

This subforum area isn't terribly active, so if you don't get your reply (or need it quickly) ... you might post in TAW.

If no one here knows, I will try to find out for you.

What is the gist of the quote, do they know what they are looking for?

Upvote 0

Danpol

Dec 21, 2017
London
✟15,657.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Thank you for your welcome.
The gist of the quote is as follows:

the Greeks often displayed great naivety in adopting an approach that while pragmatic was for that very reason inconsistent, and that their appeal to the pope in the West was a natural means to find an independent and external arbiter to obtain mediation, but it was done only to resolve a single particular difficulty, and when the situation changed they lost interest

If you can find out for me, I will be very grateful.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for your welcome.
The gist of the quote is as follows:

the Greeks often displayed great naivety in adopting an approach that while pragmatic was for that very reason inconsistent, and that their appeal to the pope in the West was a natural means to find an independent and external arbiter to obtain mediation, but it was done only to resolve a single particular difficulty, and when the situation changed they lost interest

If you can find out for me, I will be very grateful.

LOL, now you've got me wondering at the background info, because it doesn't sound quite right. But I'll sit back and wait, to see if Matt can find it. :)

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Now, I'm intrigued as well. :)
I will say this ... I've learned not to worry. Early on I did, when I would hear things that seemed contradictory or not right or whatever.

After having chased many to their source or understanding - I have learned my worry was always misplaced. It can be worth knowing, in case someone else asks. But I have peace knowing that I need not fear anything anyone said and trusting the Church. :)

Upvote 0