God bless the Working class
Apr 13, 2008
were am I ?!?
✟18,321.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
sorry i know threads about homosexuality are tiresome.
but i have a friend that is Lesbian that has inquired into the Church and has come to vespers before and enjoyed it in her words. and shes talking about coming on Holy friday.
i wanted to see what you guys think about these groups/links that say they are Gay orthodox sites? are they legitimate i know the churches possition on Homosexuality but i dont know whether the people in these groups are struggling with their paaaions or trying to promote homosexuality. do you think these sites are legitimate? if not can you point me to any helpful recources?
Orthodox and Gay | Helpful links |

AXIOS - Eastern and Orthodox Gay and Lesbian Christians

thank you.

GBTWC

Apr 13, 2008
were am I ?!?
✟18,321.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
So any ideas on how to approach her, she is aware of the churches position and obviously that's a stumbling block for her but she's still interested, I know there are "gay" people in the church that struggle against their passions so I was hoping to find some recourses that were actually Orthodox, not just some rogue gay group using the orthodox name.

Upvote 0

rusmeister

A Russified American Orthodox Chestertonian
Dec 9, 2005
Eastern Europe
Visit site
✟434,711.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
in addition to Armymat:

connection of words Orthodoxy +gay blows my brain always. in same logic way is possible to say Orthodox killer, pedophil and etc.

By the way i have met this theme about Orthodoxy and gays first time here, its absurd in Russia.

How about "Orthodox activist" which they eagerly print in the Russian press every time a few whackoes do something very un-Christian?

Upvote 0

choirfiend

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Pennsylvania
✟54,941.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I would just treat her like any other person in her pursuit of Christ. You dont need to try to get her Orthodox gay groups---just go to church, answer her questions where you can, and help her if she needs it. We wouldn't be worrying if we had a friend who lied constantly who was coming to Orthodoxy, about finding a Liars Anonymous Orthodox group or something, right? It's just another fallen inclination, and she can address it on her own while you pick out the plank in your eye.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GBTWC

Apr 13, 2008
were am I ?!?
✟18,321.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
choirfiend said:
I would just treat her like any other person in her pursuit of Christ. You dont need to try to get her Orthodox gay groups---just go to church, answer her questions where you can, and help her if she needs it. We wouldn't be worrying if we had a friend who lied constantly who was coming to Orthodoxy, about finding a Liars Anonymous Orthodox group or something, right? It's just another fallen inclination, and she can address it on her own while you pick out the plank in your eye.

I'm trying, it's hard. Please light a candle and pray for her her name is Kathryn And pray for me

Upvote 0

rusmeister

A Russified American Orthodox Chestertonian
Dec 9, 2005
Eastern Europe
Visit site
✟434,711.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
@Rus
can you give link to read about it?

Well, in English just Google "Moscow Times" and "Orthodox activists". In Russian, Google "православные активисты".

Upvote 0
Dec 22, 2010
✟1,424.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
@Rus

in short - i disaccept their current activity. I doubt in their wish to help Church, there is possibilty they r looking for cheap and fast popularity. in long - in russian and under pint of beer. ;)

"Orthodox" gays - i've done mistake, met this theme in rumors about gaying priests.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Protoevangel

Smash the Patriarchy!
Feb 6, 2004
Eugene, OR
✟33,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
Just love your friend. If the topic comes up, be honest, but also be charitable. Don't be too quick to derail her or do anything to hold her back from the Church. We all come to the Church imperfect. The beauty of the Church is that it changes people from the inside... Those who are willing, anyway.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,463,491.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Just love your friend. If the topic comes up, be honest, but also be charitable. Don't be too quick to derail her or do anything to hold her back from the Church. We all come to the Church imperfect. The beauty of the Church is that it changes people from the inside... Those who are willing, anyway.

indeed. as Fr Hopko once said, "Lady Gaga may have been born that way, but by God's grace she doesn't have to stay that way."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums