• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

OrthodoXCircle

Discussion in 'The Ancient Way - Eastern Orthodox' started by authiodionitist, Sep 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. authiodionitist

authiodionitist Senior Member

+18
    Eastern Orthodox
    Engaged
    Does anyone else want to join up?

It's similar to myspace, but it's regulated by many many good canonical Orthodox Christian faithful and clergy. It has forums, too, although since everyone is Orthodox most conversation is about tastes in music/food/politics/historiography.

In any case, it is a safe, family-centered, Christian site that I recommend you all join!

If you're not in already, PM me your email and I'll send you an invite.

-Authio-

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. disasm

disasm Senior Member

+48
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    US-Republican
    my e-mails [email protected]. I'm already on there if anyone wants to find me.

Sam

3. Hoankan

Hoankan TAW Samurai

+320
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    US-Others
    I'm on there too. I don't have many friends but I hope to change that sooner or later.

4. Photios

Photios Veteran

+45
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    I'm present, though I don't check it very often.

5. paleodoxy

paleodoxy Catechumen

+94
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Constitution
    This place looks awesome! Just started a profile, still need to add a lot of stuff...

No friends as of yet.

6. DarkNLovely

DarkNLovely Dark am I, yet lovely.....Song of Songs 1:5

+136
    Seeker
    Single
    US-Others
    Can this resident hairy tic join? I promise I'll be good? :holy:

7. E.C.

E.C. Well-Known Member

+720
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Engaged
    Orthocircle is a nice place. It just needs more activity on the forums.

8. authiodionitist

+18
    Eastern Orthodox
    Engaged
  9. Nickolai

Nickolai Eastern Orthodox Priest

+155
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Others
    There's a TAW group that was started about a year ago, feel free to join it.

10. SaintPhotios

SaintPhotios Regular Member

+29
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    US-Constitution
    I have a profile, but I never really got into OrthodoxCircle... I don't know, maybe I didn't give it a fair shake. I haven't been on in quite awhile, maybe it'll really grab me this time.

11. DarkNLovely

+136
    Seeker
    Single
    US-Others
    Nope! Never been to a parish. The one I'm thinking about visiting when I muster up the courage is apparently not connonical < is that how you spell that? So, one must be wanting to become Orthodox? Oh bugger! I have just fallen in love with Orthodoxes and want to know more about the Faith! Oh well, I'll stick around with TAW! I love it here!

12. authiodionitist

+18
    Eastern Orthodox
    Engaged
    Oh really, what jurisdiction? (that means what Archdiocese... the canonical jurisdicitons in the US are ACROD, GOAA, OCA, AOA, ROCOR, MP, Ukrainian EP (whatever that one is called), ROAA (Romanian), BOAA (bulgarian), and probably one or two that I forgot.

Also, if anyone has any suggestions for improving OC, please state them here. I'm one of the three Forum Mods and I want to make it more....usable.

~Authio~

13. DarkNLovely

+136
    Seeker
    Single
    US-Others
    It is a very small Coptic Orthodox Church! There is a really huge Greek one! I'll have to get the name of it!

Frankly, I thought that that site is very well done! :thumbsup:

14. DarkNLovely

+136
    Seeker
    Single
    US-Others
    http://www.epiphanycity.org/

This one is very popular! They have this event where the young men must dive for a cross that the Patriarch throws into the water! Really cool stuff!

15. authiodionitist

+18
    Eastern Orthodox
    Engaged
    I think that's the parish that His Holiness Bartholemew presided over last year in his visit to the US.

The spectacle you're describing is the Great Feast of Theophany. The Cross is used to bless the waters of the city by the Power of the Lord through this Sign. Then a young man will retrieve that Cross from the water. The diving is a custom from Orthodox countries that are in warm places (ie the Meditteranean). In the colder Orthodox Mother Churches, they either fish it out or just do the blessing on the edge of the lake or water source so no one freezes, because this feast is on January 7 (n.s.).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.