The Shire
✟115,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Not sure what to think about Fr. Peter Heers. What he says sounds fairly Orthodox in an "...obviously..." sort of way, but the vehement push back from some, especially in the States has put me on pause about him. At the same time, if he is truly speaking the word of Truth, demons would surely seek to tarnish his name.

The same goes with Fr. Josiah Trenham, and if he is not careful with his words, Fr. Barnabas Powell can also be "cancelled" by the Orthodox laity for having uttered something politically incorrect (which is modern day blasphemy). Fr. Lawrence is another who comes to mind. It seems the priests who are preaching things which are obviously Orthodox and shouldn't be controversial to us are the "controversial" ones...

Upvote 0

tapi

Apr 19, 2010
Stockholm
✟147,994.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Heers is an expert in all things conspiracy and has a Masters degree in theories concerning Kabbalah, the Zionists, Freemasons, the CIA and Bill Gates. If you are into that sort of stuff, I highly recommend him. About Orthodox spiritual life, he probably knows very little about.

Reactions: gzt
Upvote 0

Justin-H.S.

May 8, 2020
The Shire
✟115,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Heers is an expert in all things conspiracy and has a Masters degree in theories concerning Kabbalah, the Zionists, Freemasons, the CIA and Bill Gates. If you are into that sort of stuff, I highly recommend him. About Orthodox spiritual life, he probably knows very little about.

Very much into conspiracy. Conspiracies are Biblical. Even Christ knew of a particular conspiracy for His Life. Conspiracies exist just as much as an Orthodox spiritual life which is invisible to natural eyes. Theories also exist. You just made a theory about a thing only God can see.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tapi

Apr 19, 2010
Stockholm
✟147,994.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Very much into conspiracy. Conspiracies are Biblical. Even Christ knew of a particular conspiracy for His Life. Conspiracies exist just as much as an Orthodox spiritual life which is invisible to natural eyes. Theories also exist. You just made a theory about a thing only God can see.

When I read the Bible, I do not see Christ, Paul or others presenting an extreme emphasis on conspiracies. The same pertains to the Fathers. They do of course give some warnings, but that part consists maybe 1-2% of their teaching. Whenever a guy is focused 90% on conspiracies, end times, apostasy and so forth for me it is a very big RED flag.

Reactions: FenderTL5
Upvote 0

Justin-H.S.

May 8, 2020
The Shire
✟115,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
When I read the Bible, I do not see Christ, Paul or others presenting an extreme emphasis on conspiracies. The same pertains to the Fathers. They do of course give some warnings, but that part consists maybe 1-2% of their teaching. Whenever a guy is focused 90% on conspiracies, end times, apostasy and so forth for me it is a very big RED flag.

Most of what Christ preached in the presence of the pharisees was about their conspiracies. We just read about a particular conspiracy in which the devil plants tares in the Master’s wheat field. Do you remember?

The scriptures also say the different parts of His Body have different jobs. Some are Apostles, some are Prophets, some are Sunday school teachers for the children.

So, there shouldn't be one way or the other, although there's a right way in which the Body operates and is in homeostasis, and the left way for the Body to operate which is contrary to its Nature.

To outright say: So and so is a "conspiracist" so he is not to be trusted when conspiracies are found throughout the Bible (Samson and Delilah ring a bell? King Herod? etc.) is a little short sighted. Perhaps, finding out conspiracies is just not your job you are called to do and is the job of another Body part?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Xenophon

Jul 16, 2020
Smithfield
✟17,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Never mind thought this was wholly the Rose one (which has weird things that should not be promoted) rather than something starting with a summary of it (which I might not object to).

What exactly is wrong with "the Rose one" outside of handful of inaccuracies common to meta-histories?

There is nothing 'controversial' in the OCS that isn't specifically qualified by Fr. Rose and brought into bound.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Xenophon

Jul 16, 2020
Smithfield
✟17,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Well, the bit around the Protocols of the Elders of Zion is extremely irresponsible.

What part around the Protocols of the Elders of Zion is extremely irresponsible. He does not speak of a Jewish conspiracy at all in that section, but questions it's legitimacy in several places - even though the section has nothing to do with the authenticity of the document as a source of Jewish conspiracy.

However, as any meta-historian would do, he marks it as an example of a revolutionary text with historical significance. In other words, he discusses the content of the protocols and how they inspired actors in the world (the inspiration occurred regardless of the document's authenticity.) And even critical sources like Heredom will confirm it's place as such.

Thus, it is discussed inside the context of Proudhon, Bukanin (with Necheyev), and Weishaupt - of which it is a reflection of their collective ideologies. In other words, the use of the text is qualified.

I don't know how you can say it's irresponsible, unless you haven't read it with understanding. It's easy to critique something out of context. You miss the point that Fr. Rose goes through significant lengths to make clear.

In your mind, is the discussion of a documents historical impact, such as Hitler's use of the document to (quoting Fr. Rose) "enflame hatred of the Jews... and blame all the problems of Germany on them" as 'extremely irresponsible.' That needs explaining, more than making an issue with the mere fact that the Protocols get discussed at all.

I think it kind of funny in regard to your reasons you gave as to why not to ban BLM support from this forum that you'd then call this extremely responsible. I don't think you are being consistent here.

Upvote 0

Hermit76

You can call me Paisios
Site Supporter
Jun 5, 2015
✟291,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I hear braided beards can help with survival.
Willie Nelson has braided hair and the last time I saw him his corpse was uncorrupted and still singing.

Upvote 0