(Orthodox) Russian soldiers engage in systematic rape to prevent women from having babies in future

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
ugh, Lord have mercy.
One of the major (stated) goals of the war is to destroy Ukrainian identity. That means attacking cultural sites, churches, universities, archives, and of course maternity wards.

If you are out to destroy the very idea of being a certain nationality, of course you are going to attack the things that help them remember their past, and who they are. This is perfectly in line with the Putinite Nazi program and is no surprise.

Upvote 0

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Liberation of Svyatohirsk Reveals War Damage To Revered Ukrainian Orthodox Monastery
October 05, 2022 14:37 GMT
As of September 28, UNESCO had confirmed that Russia's invasion of its neighboring country had damaged 82 religious sites in Ukraine. The Holy Mountains Lavra of the Holy Dormition, a significant Orthodox Christian monastery near the recently freed town of Svyatohirsk, is one of those locations. Also known as the Svyatohirsk Monastery of the Caves, the large complex of onion-domed churches is considered one of the five holiest sites in the Russian Orthodox Church.
From the article, a damaged icon:

04230000-0aff-0242-33e3-08daa6ce10e0_w1534_s_d2.jpg

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,463,491.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
One of the major (stated) goals of the war is to destroy Ukrainian identity. That means attacking cultural sites, churches, universities, archives, and of course maternity wards.

If you are out to destroy the very idea of being a certain nationality, of course you are going to attack the things that help them remember their past, and who they are. This is perfectly in line with the Putinite Nazi program and is no surprise.

sure, but so much is tied in with Russian identity as well. that’s the part that is hard for me to wrap my noggin around. it’d be like if Greece fought Turkey and the Phanar was in the crosshairs.

• Agree
Reactions: rusmeister
Upvote 0

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
sure, but so much is tied in with Russian identity as well. that’s the part that is hard for me to wrap my noggin around. it’d be like if Greece fought Turkey and the Phanar was in the crosshairs.
I know what you mean, but the people running this war know and care absolutely nothing about that. They are as worried about that as you are worried about a gnat you might have hit with your car sometime last year.

The people running the war are not really culturally Russian. They are KGB.

• Agree
Reactions: rusmeister
Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,463,491.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I know what you mean, but the people running this war know and care absolutely nothing about that. They are as worried about that as you are worried about a gnat you might have hit with your car sometime last year.

The people running the war are not really culturally Russian. They are KGB.

it’s pretty awful.

• Agree
Reactions: archer75
Upvote 0

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
it’s pretty awful.
Naturally, there are people who are actually culturally Russian or even Orthodox and I am sure that they are either in despair or are nobly fighting despair (or both).

When I think of how the image of Orthodoxy has been crudely used by this regime, while they are perfectly willing to bomb monasteries and kidnap (likely) Orthodox children from "their" own parishes, I actually feel sick. I know that sin is sin and there is plenty of it in the world and in me. But I cannot even really grasp this. I feel overpowered by it all the time. And I am not even there.

Upvote 0

rusmeister

A Russified American Orthodox Chestertonian
Dec 9, 2005
Eastern Europe
Visit site
✟434,711.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Naturally, there are people who are actually culturally Russian or even Orthodox and I am sure that they are either in despair or are nobly fighting despair (or both).

When I think of how the image of Orthodoxy has been crudely used by this regime, while they are perfectly willing to bomb monasteries and kidnap (likely) Orthodox children from "their" own parishes, I actually feel sick. I know that sin is sin and there is plenty of it in the world and in me. But I cannot even really grasp this. I feel overpowered by it all the time. And I am not even there.
We certainly are.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,463,491.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

oh, I am sure there are.

Upvote 0

Nick1000

Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2018
Pacific Coast - originally from Maine
✟453,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
RUSSIA: Two priests on trial for opposing Russia's war in Ukraine

"I want to clarify that they are trying to repress me precisely because of my rejection of the 'special operation', which they classify as 'discrediting the Russian Armed Forces'", Fr Nikandr commented to Forum 18 on 4 July. "But I have committed no crime and do not admit any guilt. I am a priest and have the right to denounce evil, regardless of who is involved and the political situation."

• Prayers
Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,463,491.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

"I want to clarify that they are trying to repress me precisely because of my rejection of the 'special operation', which they classify as 'discrediting the Russian Armed Forces'", Fr Nikandr commented to Forum 18 on 4 July. "But I have committed no crime and do not admit any guilt. I am a priest and have the right to denounce evil, regardless of who is involved and the political situation."

Lord have mercy on them!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

May the Lord remember these men in His kingdom.

Upvote 0

Nick1000

Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2018
✟453,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Russian Orthodox Church holds prayer service for victory Russia

After the prayer service, Patriarch urged Russian believers during the prayer service to pray for the protection of the borders of the Fatherland. "Today is the time to mobilise our spiritual forces to ask the Lord, the Most Pure Queen of Heaven, that from above power be given to our people to stop the enemy and protect our borders, which means preserving the independence and freedom of Russia."

cne.news

• Informative
Upvote 0

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

After the prayer service, Patriarch urged Russian believers during the prayer service to pray for the protection of the borders of the Fatherland. "Today is the time to mobilise our spiritual forces to ask the Lord, the Most Pure Queen of Heaven, that from above power be given to our people to stop the enemy and protect our borders, which means preserving the independence and freedom of Russia."

cne.news
To "protect" their newly-declared borders. Right. Great.

Lord have mercy.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,463,491.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

cne.news

Lord have mercy

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Putin continues his war against families, destroying as much of the electrical grid as he can as temperatures get close to freezing.

Russia has lost on the battlefield and so is choosing to make direct war against FAMILIES. Kids with disabilities. Pregnant women. Towns with zero military significance.

• Prayers
Reactions: Lukaris
Upvote 0

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Putin continues his war against families, destroying as much of the electrical grid as he can as temperatures get close to freezing.

Russia has lost on the battlefield and so is choosing to make direct war against FAMILIES. Kids with disabilities. Pregnant women. Towns with zero military significance.
Bombing factories that produce cooking oil.

Open war against the civilian population.

Everything straight out of the playbook of Nazi Germany.

• Prayers
Reactions: Lukaris
Upvote 0

Nick1000

Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2018
✟453,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Russia is about to lose Kherson.

I pray that there will always be extensive opportunities for the Russian soldiers to surrender if that is their inclination.

There are/were approximately 15-20 thousand Russian soldiers trapped in Kherson between the Ukrainian lines and the river. They face the Ukrainians on one side and behind them Russians shooting any of their own soldiers who retreat. As usual, the Russian officers left last week. So many soldiers have already fled I don't know what the current count is there. The bridge/s will be cut off soon so there will be no retreat for anyone. That's why the officers left.

There is no shame in surrendering if you are refusing to participate in genocide and war crimes. Let there be maximum opportunities for those who choose that way.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Russia is about to lose Kherson.

I pray that there will always be extensive opportunities for the Russian soldiers to surrender if that is their inclination.

There are/were approximately 15-20 thousand Russian soldiers trapped in Kherson between the Ukrainian lines and the river. They face the Ukrainians on one side and behind them Russians shooting any of their own soldiers who retreat. As usual, the Russian officers left last week. So many soldiers have already fled I don't know what the current count is there. The bridge/s will be cut off soon so there will be no retreat for anyone. That's why the officers left.

There is no shame in surrendering if you are refusing to participate in genocide and war crimes. Let there be maximum opportunities for those who choose that way.
In this war, there is no shame in surrendering on day 1. It sounds like Ukraine is trying to maximize those opportunities. May God bless that effort.

Reactions: Nick1000
Upvote 0