(Orthodox) Russian soldiers engage in systematic rape to prevent women from having babies in future

Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,069.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I would contend that the very reason we ARE seeing this war is because so many people have drunk the dim-witted mainstream media mantra that "Putin is Hitler part II and he wants to continue to expand! He won't stop until he has Poland, Lithuania, Estonia, Moldova, and maybe Bulgaria, etc.! He's reconstituting the Soviet Union! AAAAGH!!!" point of view. There is zero indication this is true, and many experts on the subject with credibility actually say this propaganda piece is absurd.

This war is the result of a failure to listen. If NATO had wanted no war in Ukraine, there would've been an effort by the West to STOP Ukraine from butchering Russians in the Donbas years ago. NATO and the corrupt EU would've also tried to call Ukraine on their dirty coup d'etat and their fascist white nationalism and their dirty breaking of treaties around 2014. They've broken treaties, lied, and their corruption has created a mess. NATO wanted intrigue. They wanted to poke the Russian bear from day one.

You don't go into a marriage that is on the rocks and start flirting with the wife and maybe using a stick to look up her dress if you don't want the husband to come at you with a Louisville Slugger. NATO wanted to see a domestic abuse case, so they used an extra long stick a la Beetlejuice.

I'm so tired of everything being a Hitler or Third Reich analogue. It's such a cliche and over-simplified view of geopolitical goings-on. It's becoming banal and pointless. Putin resembles Hitler hardly at all. If anything, these awful proceedings resemble the Peloponnesian Wars far more than WWII. The Russians possess so many traits the Spartans had---pride, tradition, religious, a feeling of persecution but desire to be strong and spread their influence. The United States is very much Athens---liberal, proclaiming a love of democracy while violating its principles at every turn, an empire and hegemony-spreading juggernaut, and a force to dismantle a foe through sanctions and ally-theft. If you look at Athens when some member states of the Delian League wanted to leave the alliance and how they turned on them and attacked them and defamed them, it's very modern America. The archons in Athens sound so much like our Democrat-run Congress and the demagogues of Athens sound like our leaders. America would poison many Socrates within our intellectual circles, gladly. Sparta was much like Russia---the Thirty Tyrants and trying to meddle in Athenian elections/politics, and willing to use scorched earth and destruction to further their aims if you screwed around with them. Forget Hitler, look to Thucydides, Lysander, Nicias, Cleon, Demosthenes, and Alcibiades.

The Peloponnesian Wars with the "Long Walls" are akin to the NATO forces putting up missile defense in Eastern Europe aimed right up Russia's rectum. Athens invited war then, the U.S. invites it now. And they got it. The Plague of Athens was similar to COVID. The Sicilian Expedition is reminiscent of some of our tactics that got us here.

For all the anti-Russia talk in here, I fail to see why there is such an unwillingness to look at the beam in our own eye with the U.S.? Monroe Doctrine, if it means anything, must be CONSISTENT. The U.S. had every opportunity to build bridges with Russia for the past 3 decades now. We had the chance. We blew it as much as they did. The tit for tat was largely our fault as well.

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟240,029.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,029.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I would contend that the very reason we ARE seeing this war is because so many people have drunk the dim-witted mainstream media mantra that "Putin is Hitler part II and he wants to continue to expand! He won't stop until he has Poland, Lithuania, Estonia, Moldova, and maybe Bulgaria, etc.! He's reconstituting the Soviet Union! AAAAGH!!!" point of view. There is zero indication this is true, and many experts on the subject with credibility actually say this propaganda piece is absurd.

This war is the result of a failure to listen. If NATO had wanted no war in Ukraine, there would've been an effort by the West to STOP Ukraine from butchering Russians in the Donbas years ago. NATO and the corrupt EU would've also tried to call Ukraine on their dirty coup d'etat and their fascist white nationalism and their dirty breaking of treaties around 2014. They've broken treaties, lied, and their corruption has created a mess. NATO wanted intrigue. They wanted to poke the Russian bear from day one.

You don't go into a marriage that is on the rocks and start flirting with the wife and maybe using a stick to look up her dress if you don't want the husband to come at you with a Louisville Slugger. NATO wanted to see a domestic abuse case, so they used an extra long stick a la Beetlejuice.

I'm so tired of everything being a Hitler or Third Reich analogue. It's such a cliche and over-simplified view of geopolitical goings-on. It's becoming banal and pointless. Putin resembles Hitler hardly at all. If anything, these awful proceedings resemble the Peloponnesian Wars far more than WWII. The Russians possess so many traits the Spartans had---pride, tradition, religious, a feeling of persecution but desire to be strong and spread their influence. The United States is very much Athens---liberal, proclaiming a love of democracy while violating its principles at every turn, an empire and hegemony-spreading juggernaut, and a force to dismantle a foe through sanctions and ally-theft. If you look at Athens when some member states of the Delian League wanted to leave the alliance and how they turned on them and attacked them and defamed them, it's very modern America. The archons in Athens sound so much like our Democrat-run Congress and the demagogues of Athens sound like our leaders. America would poison many Socrates within our intellectual circles, gladly. Sparta was much like Russia---the Thirty Tyrants and trying to meddle in Athenian elections/politics, and willing to use scorched earth and destruction to further their aims if you screwed around with them. Forget Hitler, look to Thucydides, Lysander, Nicias, Cleon, Demosthenes, and Alcibiades.

The Peloponnesian Wars with the "Long Walls" are akin to the NATO forces putting up missile defense in Eastern Europe aimed right up Russia's rectum. Athens invited war then, the U.S. invites it now. And they got it. The Plague of Athens was similar to COVID. The Sicilian Expedition is reminiscent of some of our tactics that got us here.

For all the anti-Russia talk in here, I fail to see why there is such an unwillingness to look at the beam in our own eye with the U.S.? Monroe Doctrine, if it means anything, must be CONSISTENT. The U.S. had every opportunity to build bridges with Russia for the past 3 decades now. We had the chance. We blew it as much as they did. The tit for tat was largely our fault as well.
And the truly sad thing about this whole conflict is that NATO is using Ukraine's land and people to fight a proxy war with Russia. The EU has shot themselves in the foot agreeing to sanctions on Russia. It's only come back to bite them in the butt, and to a certain extent, the US as well.

I'm wondering if anyone all gung ho about supporting the Ukrainians to continue being annihilated actually realize that the US, UK, EU/NATO don't give a fig about the Ukrainian people. They're happy to sacrifice every one of them to try and weaken Russia and oust Putin, which is a fantasy.

What's happened is regime change has come upon A few NATO leaders, such as the UK and Italy's presidents. Who knows who'll be next, but it won't be Putin.

Ursula Van Der Leyen was quoted saying the Ukrainians were fighting for the EU and that they would fight to the last Ukrainian.

As usual. This is about power, greed, weapons deals, and hegemony. In the end, NOBODY wins. And all the poor citizens whose governments are involved in this mess will suffer more so than any of these delusional, blood-thirsty leaders.

Upvote 0

archer75

Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟253,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
It is, in my opinion, strange to say NATO is using Ukraine's land to fight a proxy war with Russia. Russia started the war by invading Ukraine. NATO didn't force Putin and his few friends to cook this up.

And all that has to happen to end it is: Russia stops murdering people.

The EU doesn't have to become perfect. The US doesn't have to become perfect. Ukraine doesn't have to become perfect.

And yet somehow the one party that can stop it instantly is considered to be somehow above all law and also is in needed of 24 / 7 understanding, comfort, and defense.

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,029.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It is, in my opinion, strange to say NATO is using Ukraine's land to fight a proxy war with Russia. Russia started the war by invading Ukraine. NATO didn't force Putin and his few friends to cook this up.

The EU doesn't have to become perfect. The US doesn't have to become perfect. Ukraine doesn't have to become perfect.

And yet somehow the one party that can stop it instantly is considered to be somehow above all law and also is in needed of 24 / 7 understanding, comfort, and defense.
The actions of Russia were provoked for years by NATO and its collective work to encircle Russia. Things don't happen in a vacuum.

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,029.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The actions of Russia were provoked for years by NATO and its collective work to encircle Russia. Things don't happen in a vacuum.

And the repeated "Russia is murdering" and "Putin (and Russia) are murderers" only works if other countries' leaders aren't guilty of the same thing. They are. For this to end, NATO needs to stop sacrificing Ukrainians for their lust of power and resources. All involved in this need to come to the table and talk. But let's be honest, Russia has tried that for years, and it fell on deaf ears. It's because NATO in its delusional beliefs thinks somehow they're going to win, and Putin will be gone, and they'll get some other leader to bend to their will. It's complete madness and inhumane.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,069.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's the year 2030. Russia gets Cuba to park a missile defense system and some massive and deadly missile systems aimed directly at the United States. Mexico decides it's in its best interest to join forces with Russia and enter a realignment of alliances in the world, so they agree to take in 30,000 Russian troops in garrisons across the Mexican-U.S. border. Advanced weapons systems, MiG's, maybe a few nukes, and a robust missile system is brought in aimed at Texas, New Mexico, California, and the like. The Dominican Republic decides to go along with this and take in some troops and missile systems.

The United States would just say, "This is great! Come on in, folks! We're full of love and warm fuzzies!"

Nah.....

They would invade all of them or nuke them before they finished 1/8 of the operations. Archer, come on, brother, you know I'm right.

Why was it ok to invade Iraq? You likely consider Putin a war criminal. Question: Is George W. Bush a war criminal? His invasion cost the lives of well over 100,000 people, displaced tens of thousands, got thousands of our Orthodox and Catholic brothers killed, and destabilized the country to Shi'ite Islam. Is he a war criminal? Is Trump a war criminal for pulling our troops away from the Kurds and leaving them defenseless against their enemies after a promise of alliance? Is Trump a war criminal because he nuked Salamani?

We invaded Afghanistan despite that country never invading us. We entered it because of some bad actors in the deserts and caves of that country.

We illegally entered Pakistani airspace to take out Osama. Would the United States permit Pakistan to invade our airspace? How would that go? Do you think Obama did the right thing? Is our airspace sacrosanct but Pakistan, being a bunch of poor Muslims, maybe their airspace is crud and it's begging to be entered?

This isn't about "being perfect." It's about not playing by the rules we set. We can invade. You can't. We can muscle our way through. You can't. We can nuke people (twice in Japan), you can't have nukes. No Russians in our backyard, but we can missiles in Russia's.....

Upvote 0

rusmeister

A Russified American Orthodox Chestertonian
Dec 9, 2005
Eastern Europe
Visit site
✟432,491.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

Hey, Archer,
You keep falsely stating my position. I doubt that you understand what I am saying. You have to show that you correctly understand me, and that starts by showing that you get that I DON'T think that Russia is "above the law". I'm going to make a last-ditch effort to try to point out that you treat this whole thing as having started in February, with no pre-history to speak of. At most, I've seen you or someone backing you go back as 2008. That's about as far back as I see you referencing. And you seem to have no clue of the Ukrainization of the Ukraine, and what that has meant for ethnic Russians living there. Nor have I seen any consideration of what Russia's Black Sea Fleet means to Russia, and what it would mean if the key ports all fell into NATO hands. You might be fine with a wholly subdued Russia; I assure you, the Russians are not, and are willing to fight by any and every means necessary to prevent the subduing you are advocating. If you just keep repeating talking points, I'm going to ignore you as someone unwilling to consider an enemy's position. That is a suicidal position to take with nuclear powers. If you begin to try to consider "the other side", then maybe we can talk. If you can't talk to me (when I agree with your first premise), you have no business in the State Department or trying to influence foreign affairs.

Everybody enjoys having opinions and knowing things; there is a dangerous type that pretends to know and understand everything in advance, the Kansan or Nebraskan that fully "understands" how to deal with distant nations. The ability to put the shoe on the other foot is essential to any intelligent discussion, and bigots are completely unable to do that.

Upvote 0

archer75

Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟253,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Before I reply, I want to say that I respect you and I believe that you (unlike me) always post in sincerity (although I believe and I have often done so lately, and for the last year or two, and am doing so now). What I say below is not meant to mischaracterize you or make fun of your position. I just want that to be clear.

If Russia's actions were provoked by NATO, why not simply attack NATO? They deserve it, right? The answer is because Putin behaves like a bully who likes the idea of kicking smaller children in the face.

If Putin was so delightfully and fairly simply trying to resist NATO, why did he do this, giving cause for formerly neutral countries, like Sweden and Finland, to join NATO? Now he's going to have extra border with NATO. Surely he or his staff could have seen this coming. So it would seem that the NATO argument fails.

When it comes to the trans cult (Rus has a different name for it, but I forget -- you all know what I mean), I was too "forgiving," too willing to take each little thing piecemeal. I could not see the bigger picture. Rus encouraged me to think about it differently, and Rus was right.

Putin has ruined Russian culture, making it accursed for generations.

He has given aid and comfort to the trans cult and the pedophilia cult, who now can point to the lunatic evil hypocrisy of supposedly "conservative" (but actually violently libertine) Russia and say "see, we're the opposite of that, we're just nice cuteness over here."

Putin promotes and orders continent-wrecking sin. He cooked this thing up. Pregnant women and their unborn children are killed by shockwaves.

For anything else around here, it's all about repentance, not blaming other, not finger-pointing to get away from your own sin.

But with Putin, somehow, it's all about everyone else. Ukraine wouldn't share their borscht recipe (actual argument made by Zakharova of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs) and put up on the ministry's website with transcript and translation. The US was mean and did invasions (on Putin's personal site shortly after he began the war--true, certainly, but why does that make more murder okay?).

Somehow, Putin can never be blamed for anything. He's a puppet of NATO. NATO controls everything he does. He is powerless. Only NATO rules the universe and forces him to order invasions of non-NATO countries. If ONLY NATO would stop helping AT ALL, and let Putin's forces rape and kill literally everyone they want in Ukraine, destroy Ukrainian identity and language and kill most of the people, steal the children and send them off to Russia, and simply absorb the territory (which is the stated goal).

@rusmeister, you have been right many times on here when I was wrong. In this instance, your thinking is poisoned by the Soviet imperial consciousness. You admit the war is wrong but you continue to push blame for it onto any party but the guilty parties .The soldiers can't be committing war crimes. Putin was forced. Forced. He's not the master of himself. This is exactly like the people in the camps who cried when they learned Stalin had died. Not exactly like it, but very similar. They had to believe in some way that the "king" was a loving father. You are suffering under the weight of this completely diseased culture, that in terms of its centralized propaganda and self-image, is worse than even the US. It is a weight too great for most people. I see now that you will be there until it collapses. I am not telling you this is a sin on your part or that you should go to confession, etc. I don't know anything about that. But you are suffering from a disease state that has leached into you from your adopted culture. I am very sorry. I believe you are a good guy and I am truly sorry that your son could be killed in a war that was cooked up by a man who was destroyed by the Soviet system and spent two years in isolation dreaming up games to make himself feel good.

edit: i realize this last bit above could be taken as facetious. It is not. I am truly sorry. My characterizing the war that way is neither a joke nor a dig at your positions. That is actually how I see the war and the statement is sincere on my part.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,029.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Before I reply, I want to say that I respect you and I believe that you (unlike me) always post in sincerity (although I believe and I have often done so lately, and for the last year or two, and am doing so now). What I say below is not meant to mischaracterize you or make fun of your position. I just want that to be clear.

If Russia's actions were provoked by NATO, why not simply attack NATO? They deserve it, right?
I respect you as well, archer. This is nothing personal. Just how we see this situation.

The simple answer to your question is twofold. Historically, Russia has been a country that acts defensively (with the exception of the Soviet Union). Second, it seems Putin, Lavrov, and others in Moscow still have some brain cells and realize attacking a nuclear power is suicide. This simple fact was known by nations with nukes historically up until now where everyone's thinking faculties have gone.

If Putin was so delightfully and fairly simply trying to resist NATO, why did he do this, giving cause for formerly neutral countries, like Sweden and Finland, to join NATO?
It seems his reasons per his own words was to "denazify" Ukraine's government and army (that we installed in 2014). The reason being that NATO member states had progressed since the 1990s, pressing upon Russia's borders, which we promised we wouldn't do, after the fall of the Soviet Union--promised this to Gorbachov. Who went against their word? And who does that on a regular basis on dealing with countries' leaders saying one thing, then stabbing them in the back. What country's government has had the habit of this since its inception? The US. At least when Putin says something, it's not a bluff or bullying and puffing up one's chest like this country. He does what he announces he is going to do. So we know what to expect. This has been evident in his actions thus far. Our record is disastrous on this, especially post 9/11.

As to Sweden and Finland joining? I'm guessing they felt compelled to join NATO and probably had some fear of what Putin might do. It's natural for countries in the region to be worried. I know Poland's leaders and its people worry that the Russians may invade them next. This is because of historical memories of what happened with the Soviet Union. All natural and understandable feelings, thoughts, and worries.

Now he's going to have extra border with NATO. Surely he or his staff could have seen this coming. So it would seem that the NATO argument fails.
It hasn't been in Putin's behavior and political stances over the past 30 years to be a hot head. He has had an immense amount of patience with us and kept trying to work with us, but unfortunately, our government has this policy where we have to have an enemy or enemies. It helps the weapons industry and Military Industrial Complex and wealthy elites involved in the chess game of these assets and natural resources. Yes, I believe Putin saw this coming. It was obvious with the constant moving up closer to Russia's borders and our military bases all over the globe. The truth is, Russia was never a threat to us since the fall of the Soviet Union. I'd argue that the Soviet Union wasn't a complete threat to the US in the Cold War either, because the leaders of Russian and our leaders then understood the issue of mutual destruction. They all seemed to have their brains in order then. Therefore, because Putin knew this, he wanted to clean out the fascists in the Ukrainian government and keep Ukraine as a buffer from the advances of NATO. One can agree or disagreement with his actions. Of course, but this is my understanding of the situation.

When it comes to the trans cult (Rus has a different name for it, but I forget -- you all know what I mean), I was too "forgiving," too willing to take each little thing piecemeal. I could not see the bigger picture. Rus encouraged me to think about it differently, and Rus was right.
I'm sorry. I don't know what you are meaning in this paragraph.

Putin has ruined Russian culture, making it accursed for generations.
I'm not sure I can answer that. I'm not a Russian. I'm sure they have their opinions of Putin's actions. Although, a couple of months ago, around 70% of the Russian public backed him. I don't know now. But it's not for me to say.

He has given aid and comfort to the trans cult and the pedophilia cult, who now can point to the lunatic evil hypocrisy of supposedly "conservative" (but actually violently libertine) Russia and say "see, we're the opposite of that, we're just nice cuteness over here."
I'm sorry. I don't know about this "pedophilia cult".

Putin promotes and orders continent-wrecking sin. He cooked this thing up. Pregnant women and their unborn children are killed by shockwaves.
I can't say I've seen this to the extreme you are saying. Most of what comes out of news outlets, especially mainstream, are all propaganda. It's very hard to know what is truth, and so I am skeptical of most news stories on either side that come out, except when they are confirmed and from the leader's mouths. But even then, I don't know any political leader that is one for telling the truth or most of it. What I do know is that what Putin said he was going to do, he's done. So that has been proven and is a fact now.

For anything else around here, it's all about repentance, not blaming other, not finger-pointing to get away from your own sin.
I'm sorry again. I'm not sure what you're referring to here. I apologize for my comprehending what you're meaning here, archer. Generally speaking and if it's about our faith, yes, of course we are to look at our own sins. This is why I question so much of what's going on, and why I look at my own country's sins (which I am a participant in) instead of pointing to other countries'.

But with Putin, somehow, it's all about everyone else. Ukraine wouldn't share their borscht recipe (actual argument made by Zakharova of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs) and put up on the ministry's website with transcript and translation. The US was mean and did invasions (on Putin's personal site shortly after he began the war--true, certainly, but why does that make more murder okay?).
Ah, I see. I don't think it's that black and white, archer. I was speaking in historical context, and many things led up to where we are, and no one is innocent (meaning world leaders). But when looking at the actions of countries over the century, we have to take into account all things that led to where we are. Just like we did for WWI and WWII and other big, tragic events in the world.

Somehow, Putin can never be blamed for anything. He's a puppet of NATO. NATO controls everything he does. He is powerless. Only NATO rules the universe and forces him to order invasions of non-NATO countries. If ONLY NATO would stop helping AT ALL, and let Putin's forces rape and kill literally everyone they want in Ukraine, destroy Ukrainian identity and language and kill most of the people, steal the children and send them off to Russia, and simply absorb the territory (which is the stated goal).
It is precisely the fact that he ISN'T a puppet (same with China and a few other eastern countries) and his country, along with China, are threats to our imperialist, hegemonic agenda, and frankly our survival with the petrol dollar and overall worth of the dollar. Once BRICS (and Saudi going along with this) is implemented, our dollar won't be worth much. So, this answers why the West is doing so many desperate, insane, delusional, and destructive policies and speeches.

Thank you for your respectful tone and wording in responding to me. I appreciate it very much. :)

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: prodromos
Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟745,296.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Fr Ioann ( Burdin) ( still an MP priest)posted in his blog on June 30th:

History does not teach people anything.
The Russian Empire collapsed not at all because a handful of soldiers did not want to go to the front, but because the mass of people lived a lie and engaged in self-deception. The king assured himself and those around him that he was "God's anointed" who was able to rule the country. The dignitaries around him pretended that the people adored their monarch, and individual troublemakers stirred up the water. The revolutionaries lied about wanting "freedom, equality and fraternity."
The people pretended to be "God-bearers" and assured that they were ready "to go through fire and water for the Christian faith."
The Soviet Union was the same "Potemkin village". Only on an even larger scale. They talked about equality and ate rations from special distributors. "They breathed freely from Moscow to the very outskirts" and trembled with fear at every night knock. They reported overfulfillment of the five-year plan, not even fulfilling it by a third. Cheerfully they built communism and dragged home from work everything that was badly nailed down. They talked about abundance and went to Moscow for food. They declared "To each according to his needs, from each according to his abilities" and established a single tariff scale, arranged lifelong queues for housing and buying a car. They talked about freedom and did not issue passports to collective farmers, forbade travel abroad. They went with the slogans "Peace-peace" and sent troops to Hungary, Czechoslovakia, Poland, Afghanistan, sent weapons and military advisers to Africa and the Middle East, sponsored and trained terrorist organizations around the world. They wrote down freedom of belief in the Constitution and closed churches, gave prison terms for preaching the Gospel and religious verses.
The authorities pretended to care about the people, people pretended to believe it.
Has something changed in today's Russia?
I would say that now lies have become the norm. This is the form of existence of the current Russian state.
In the Russian Empire they were more or less sincerely mistaken.
In the Soviet Union, they tried to maintain at least the appearance of what was declared.
Modern Russia has ceased to be a Potemkin village; there are no false facades in it. Everything is turned upside down here: the truth is called a lie, a lie is the truth, evil is good, war is salvation, the victim is a killer.
No, of course, there are still some restrictions: a seven-year-old girl rescued from the ruins of a house destroyed by Russian missiles is not yet called a Nazi and a terrorist. They just don't notice her. As they do not see tens of thousands of others, killed and maimed.
And this level of lies, it seems to me, is spiritually different. This is not a genuine delusion. And not a lie with full consciousness of the true state of things.
This is a satanic lie that is sure to be right. Hatred, ignorant of love and mercy. Malice, ready at any cost to approve the lie that she wants to pass off as the truth. And it is satanic because it encroaches not only on human life, but also on the human soul.
"Your father is the devil; and you want to fulfill the lusts of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning and did not stand in the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks his own, for he is a liar and the father of lies" (John 8: 44).
But evil has one feature - it devours itself.
It is like "a dog that licks a saw and does not notice the harm done to itself, because it gets drunk from the taste of its own blood" (St. Isaac the Syrian). So it will devour itself until it dies.
PS My main critic, having read what was written, said that the text is too hopeless: there is a diagnosis, but there is no treatment.
Treatment has been known since the time of the Old Testament prophets: "Repent, for the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand."

Posted June 30th.

МАРАН АФА Блог Иоанна Бурдина

What Fr Ioann posted on June 30th does not seem to appear anymore in English. His blog in English translation seems to have a gap between about June 7th to July 6th. His blog remains in it’s original Russian entirety (although I only have an iPhone).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Nick1000

Supporter
Dec 26, 2018
Pacific Coast - originally from Maine
✟424,326.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Putin got in over his head. He listened to the Russian trance-state logic that said that the Ukrainians would welcome the Russians with open arms and treat them as liberators from the Nazis. And that Kiev would fall within 72 hours as the Ukrainian leaders fled. Total bullfeathers - resulting from the Russians drinking their own kool-aid. Nothing new there.

Now that his plan collapsed almost immediately he is improvising as he goes along and has no idea what his end point looks like. He is just trying to avoid total humiliation by shelling more and more civilians and declaring victory for doing so. Complete disgrace to his country and to humanity.

And his apologists chug away harder and harder with longer and longer posts to try to help him out. Everyone on two or more continents working overtime to find an off-ramp for a fragile little man who messed up and having to be careful that Vlad does not get too humiliated because he has access to the nukes.

You want to enter into a peace agreement with Putin who two days ago entered into an agreement for the peaceful shipping of grain out of Ukraine and then shelled the port the next day? Might want to think that through a bit.

After decades of gulags, exterminations of Jews and other ethnic/religious/cultural groups and all the misery and inhumanity associated with the Soviet Era, Russia was almost on the verge of being treated as part of the civilized world. Then everyone said "let's just keep following Putin because we like it in the toilet bowl and nothing will ever be our fault because that's how Russians roll."

Cuba 1962, Spartan War, George Bush, whatever. Keep trying.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: archer75
Upvote 0

rusmeister

Dec 9, 2005
Eastern Europe
Visit site
✟432,491.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
@rusmeister, you have been right many times on here when I was wrong. In this instance, your thinking is poisoned by the Soviet imperial consciousness. You admit the war is wrong but you continue to push blame for it onto any party but the guilty parties .The soldiers can't be committing war crimes. Putin was forced. Forced. He's not the master of himself. This is exactly like the people in the camps who cried when they learned Stalin had died. Not exactly like it, but very similar. They had to believe in some way that the "king" was a loving father. You are suffering under the weight of this completely diseased culture, that in terms of its centralized propaganda and self-image, is worse than even the US. It is a weight too great for most people. I see now that you will be there until it collapses. I am not telling you this is a sin on your part or that you should go to confession, etc. I don't know anything about that. But you are suffering from a disease state that has leached into you from your adopted culture. I am very sorry. I believe you are a good guy and I am truly sorry that your son could be killed in a war that was cooked up by a man who was destroyed by the Soviet system and spent two years in isolation dreaming up games to make himself feel good.
You’re making an assessment of my mind based on very little. Because I disagree with you, my thinking is “poisoned”.
The chief thing I see is that I understand the Russian position, which I don’t agree with, and try to explain that to you, and you think that IS my position. That’s the shortest way of putting it.
You refuse to see that what we do affects others. My sin affects you. Libertarianism fails in trying to pretend that what we do does not affect those around us. The national sins of Germany, Japan, and the USSR affected us, made us far more belligerent and caused us to vastly expand our own military in the last century. Before that, we were mostly peaceful, stay-at-home Monroe Doctrinists, more or less, and the most Teddy Roosevelt could manage was a little bit of empire-grabbing from a Spain that had no power left at all. But the point is, we changed. We came to think that we could and should police the world, even as we gradually ceded the moral high ground we had had prior to the world wars, as our CIA began to overthrow foreign governments, we began torturing prisoners for the first time ever, etc. we became a different, more godless people.

So it is with Russia. Our national sins have affected them. In 1991, they were fully ready to repent, open all their secret archives, join the Western world, and gave full power to their governments to do so. But we were already in globalist mode, the new imperialism of the West, and far from returning to our former selves, we wanted American hegemony around the globe, to spread our business and our culture everywhere. And we slapped the eager and repentant Russians away, sneered at them for losing the Cold War and being brought to their knees in the ‘90’s, a period I lived through with them. They managed to pull themselves together, began to rebuild their shattered economy from a command one to a free market one, and by 2007, it seemed full of promise. Average Russians began to grow beyond struggling just to put food on the table to having savings and being able to travel. But all that time, we were expanding NATO, while they were not doing anything aggressive, the “G6/G7” etc. economic group of nations, treated Russia as an optional extra at best, and locked out at worst. And Ukraine had already begun its “Ukrainization” (an equivalent in our understanding would be of forcing America to be an English-only nation and working to marginalize and drive Mexican immigrants out of the country), with laws on language and culture.

All of that is entirely outside of your field of view. And so you think my thinking “poisoned”. Try to understand that I understand the thinking of Russians who support the invasion without agreeing with them.

• Winner
Reactions: Dorothea
Upvote 0

Nick1000

Supporter
Dec 26, 2018
Pacific Coast - originally from Maine
✟424,326.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Putin needs the pretense of a Nato threat to stay in power.

It is a card that he plays year after year.

All the tin horn dictators around the world have some version of that going.

It is not Nato or American military power that they fear. It is the fear that their country or one next to them is becoming too western or democratic and they know that such systems would throw bums like them out. So they stay in power by continuing to convince their domestic audiences that they are the Great Savior and protector from some external threat that they hype up for their own purposes.

Cuba, Russia, North Korea, Iran, Venezuela. They all do it.

In reality the U.S. for example has great relations with all/many of our former adversaries. Germany, Great Britain, Japan, Viet Nam, a barrel load of former soviet republics, etc. because they have moved on and are not stuck in some rut like the Russians. The purpose of the Russian economy and the Russian military is to fulfill whatever Putin thinks his legacy should be. The painful irony for the Russians now, is that Putin has made them a vassal state of China which could not care less about all that "Russian World/let's restore the empire" scam that Putin promotes.

The smart ones in the region see this. Kazarkstan/sp being Exhibit A. Putin asked them to send troops to Ukraine. They say no. Putin asks them to recognize the independence of the donbass republics. They say no. They don't want to stay stuck on stupid anymore by licking Putin's boots like Belarus and the others do. Nor do they want to be owned by China. So Vlad will have to be thinking up some reason why they need to be invaded at some point. Nazis? Cuba 1962? Maybe the Americans and throw in a few rounds of Monroe Doctrine.

Always the victim.

Sweden and Finland were not bothering anyone. Were not Nato members. Were not owned by the Americans or that type of thing. Had no interest in conflict with Russia. So Vlad changed all that by threatening to nuke them and now he is a great guy back home once again standing up to all those alleged external threats. He needs them. If he does not have them he will create them. Otherwise the Russians will toss a bum like that out and Putin knows it.

I will point out once again, that the Putin apologists conveniently overlook Russia's behavior during the periods when Nato allegedly was expanding. Putin revoked Chechnya's independence, encroached on Georgia, and seized the Crimea and was actively at war with Ukraine in the donbass even before this current episode, for example. Vlad was and is on the move. He moved on Ukraine not because Nato was getting too strong but because he saw that they were not and saw his opening. He took Crimea and Nato did nothing. Vlad thought to himself "This is looking good- just need to wait until Trump is gone."

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: archer75
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

archer75

Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟253,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
@rusmeister It's not because you disagree with me that I think your thinking has been poisoned. On this very thread, I have openly disagreed with Dorothea without saying any such thing. So there's no reason to think that that's why I think so.

And I don't think so because you understand the "Russian" position, by which you mean the position of those who support the murder of every man, woman, and child in Ukraine. We can't trust the polls, of course, but we know that the number of people who do NOT support this must be very high, or the government would not have shut down all foreign media and have a законопроект [bill, proposed legislation] (or did they pass it?) in the works to forbid unauthorized contact with foreigners.

I think so because I see in your thinking something that is beneath the level of insight of which I know you are capable. You (it seems) reflexively defend the chief architect of this genocidal war by pointing fingers at others and discount the reality on the ground. I know people from Ukraine, Russian-speaking people who were born there and a couple who moved there for work from Russia. With no exceptions, everyone says they weren't second-class and there was no problem until Russia invaded and started killing them. This is not restricted to my personal acquaintances, of course. But you act like the propaganda is true, that by having a national language other than Russian, while having laws that require that public servants and clerks serve the public in whatever language is necessary (obviously, this often means Russian), somehow this is equivalent to wholesale murder and expulsion of Russians.

It isn't true. You say you understand the position on the basis of what you know, or could easily know, to be lies.

I think that your thinking is poisoned (by the way, this is not a personal or any kind of insult) because you are doing what I have seen myself do, and have seen others do: mental gymnastics to justify a position taken in fear or due to emotional habits. The position that the war is okay or justified is not based on reality, it is based on lies.

Re: the US, it would be more like this: if Spain and Mexico bombed us with the intent to destroy the entire country, with the excuse that because we don't have Spanish as a national language, we are murdering people who speak Spanish.

Upvote 0

archer75

Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟253,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
@Dorothea, thank you for your polite reply, and for pointing out where my post was poorly organized and jumped around without explanation. I will reply briefly to just one point of your post,

Therefore, because Putin knew this, he wanted to clean out the fascists in the Ukrainian government and keep Ukraine as a buffer from the advances of NATO.

Russia has shut down outside media (except for those few people who can use VPN) and has proposed legislation to outlaw unauthorized contact with foreigners.

Ukraine has done none of that. People in Ukraine (assume they haven't been bombed or shot to death) can access Russian media, Ukrainian media, US media, German media. They can message with friends in other countries without fear that they will be made to disappear.

Which of those sounds fascist?

Russia has open plans to exterminate another country as a country and is in the process of carrying out those plans, openly, on the world stage. From the beginning of this war, Russia has threatened the world with nuclear weapons if they put up too much of a fight and try to prevent genocide.

Ukraine has no plans to invade and destroy another country, and in fact gave up its nuclear weapons (inherited from the Soviet arsenal) voluntarily, after the collapse of the Soviet Union. Even after Russia annexed Crimea in 2014, the (supposedly fascist, genocidal) government of Ukraine affirmed its 20-year-old position, wishing to remain a non-nuclear power in the Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty.

Which of those sounds fascist?

Upvote 0

archer75

Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟253,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
@Nick1000's posts are better than mine could be, and the post from Father Ioann's telegram that @Lukaris posted is the best summary I have seen of the spiritual and cognitive state of things in the dominant, murder-culture of the Russian Federation at present.

Upvote 0

Platina

Nov 3, 2017
Mechanicsburg
✟227,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
@rusmeister

I think that your thinking is poisoned (by the way, this is not a personal or any kind of insult) because you are doing what I have seen myself do, and have seen others do: mental gymnastics to justify a position taken in fear or due to emotional habits. The position that the war is okay or justified is not based on reality, it is based on lies.

But Rus has //repeatedly// said that he does NOT think the war is okay or justified.

Upvote 0

rusmeister

Dec 9, 2005
Eastern Europe
Visit site
✟432,491.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
@rusmeister It's not because you disagree with me that I think your thinking has been poisoned. On this very thread, I have openly disagreed with Dorothea without saying any such thing. So there's no reason to think that that's why I think so.

And I don't think so because you understand the "Russian" position, by which you mean the position of those who support the murder of every man, woman, and child in Ukraine. We can't trust the polls, of course, but we know that the number of people who do NOT support this must be very high, or the government would not have shut down all foreign media and have a законопроект [bill, proposed legislation] (or did they pass it?) in the works to forbid unauthorized contact with foreigners.

I think so because I see in your thinking something that is beneath the level of insight of which I know you are capable. You (it seems) reflexively defend the chief architect of this genocidal war by pointing fingers at others and discount the reality on the ground. I know people from Ukraine, Russian-speaking people who were born there and a couple who moved there for work from Russia. With no exceptions, everyone says they weren't second-class and there was no problem until Russia invaded and started killing them. This is not restricted to my personal acquaintances, of course. But you act like the propaganda is true, that by having a national language other than Russian, while having laws that require that public servants and clerks serve the public in whatever language is necessary (obviously, this often means Russian), somehow this is equivalent to wholesale murder and expulsion of Russians.

It isn't true. You say you understand the position on the basis of what you know, or could easily know, to be lies.

Re: the US, it would be more like this: if Spain and Mexico bombed us with the intent to destroy the entire country, with the excuse that because we don't have Spanish as a national language, we are murdering people who speak Spanish.

I'm not sure why I'm bothering, since you choose not to hear me, but for the peanut gallery...

I know my friends and acquaintances. You do not know them. I know that they do NOT support "the murder of every man, woman, and child in Ukraine", therefore I know that what you say is wholly inconsistent with what they DO support.

I do NOT "defend" any of these actions; I have tried to explain what exactly has THEM, not you, hot and bothered. You do not wish to accept that they are bothered by what bothers them, and consistently ignore it. I am NOT "justifying"< I've tried to tell you a dozen times now that people doing something wrong are doing it because they think x and y. You don't wish to acknowledge that they do think x and y, and falsely cast me as supporting the invasion because I try to explain that to you. In addition, I say that the fastest way to end the war you ostensibly want to end is to extinguish anything legitimate in their charges, but you effectively say that there is nothing legitimate. That leaves only one option - total war. You will not negotiate with your enemies, and so, can only fight. But war here means nuclear holocaust, which means that your position is insane, whatever things you may be morally right about (and I agree with you quite a bit).

But it is getting monotonous to go in circles, so I think I will get off that merry-go-round here.

Upvote 0