(Orthodox) Russian soldiers engage in systematic rape to prevent women from having babies in future

archer75

Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟253,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
[Crossposting this here for TAW's information, in case anyone missed this.]

The Russian Federation's actions show that the regime is PRO-RAPE and ANTI-CHILDREN. Naturally, this shows conclusively that the regime that controls Russia is unambigously anti-Christian, as any Christian set of values is anti-rape and pro-children.

All Orthodox Christians, indeed all Christians, and all pro-life people in the world should be aware the Putin regime is anti-children and pro-rape.

"One example she points to is the violence that took place in Bucha. Denisova, the Ukrainian ombudswoman for human rights, described the situation to the BBC: "About 25 girls and women aged 14 to 24 were systematically raped during the occupation in the basement of one house in Bucha. Nine of them are pregnant. Russian soldiers told them they would rape them to the point where they wouldn't want sexual contact with any man, to prevent them from having Ukrainian children."

Rape has reportedly become a weapon in Ukraine. Finding justice may be difficult

• Prayers
Reactions: Michie

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,167,232.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
It reads like propaganda to me. The source is Lyudmyla Denisova who has been dismissed from her position over un verified claims of rape by Russian soldiers. Has any international human rights organisation verified these claims?

As Orthodox Christians we should be careful not to repeat heresay and gossip

Upvote 0

Andrew.H

Mar 30, 2022
Rome
✟33,462.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Divorced
It could be true, but the first casualty of war is the truth. Ever since I converted, the words "prelest" and "nepsis" echo in my mind all the time. And it doesn't help that I grew up watching 9/11 occur and the powers that be lie about everything they possibly could since then.

It doesn't change the need to pray for the end of hostilities.
Lord have mercy

Upvote 0

rusmeister

A Russified American Orthodox Chestertonian
Dec 9, 2005
Eastern Europe
Visit site
✟432,491.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
It is easy, but extremely dangerous to place too much faith in what we think we know in external sources, especially when those sources regularly demonize one side and canonize the other to exclusion. Russians who support the war will dismiss this utterly as propaganda, falsehood and lies. People who “support Ukraine” (who didn’t give a rat’s behind about the Ukraine a year ago) will give it strong credence and laugh at and scorn challenge and real effort to even ask IF it is really true or not.

I say this, being against the war and easy to believe that there really HAVE been instances of rape, and even one of the type described. But this does indeed look like dubious propaganda. Could be true. But systematically so, across the Russian army? I don’t believe it.

Upvote 0

rusmeister

Dec 9, 2005
Eastern Europe
Visit site
✟432,491.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I have to agree with Johnny here. Failing to recognize what exactly on the whole NPR supports (which is NOT the public) makes one more susceptible to the horrible danger of swallowing propaganda.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nick1000

Supporter
Dec 26, 2018
Pacific Coast - originally from Maine
✟424,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If Russia would get its genocidal and butcherous troops out of Ukraine there would not even be a need to be discussing how many women and children were raped this week.

Upvote 0

archer75

Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟253,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I have to agree with Johnny here. Failing to recognize what exactly on the whole NPR supports (which is NOT the public) makes one more susceptible to the horrible danger of swallowing propaganda.
Considering Russia's own propaganda site calls for the destruction of Ukraine as an independent nation and the erasure of literally all phenomena associated with Ukrainian ethnicity, including tue very terms "Ukraine" and "Ukrainian," I really don't think anyone is so out of line for believing that soldiers are told to / permitted to take actions that are perfectly in line with that goal.

Upvote 0

archer75

Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟253,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
If Russia would get its genocidal and butcherous troops out of Ukraine there would not even be a need to be discussing how many women and children were raped this week.
Yep. If Russia just STOPPED, war over.

Upvote 0

archer75

Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟253,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The notion that Ukraine should somehow just negotiate is unconnected to reality.

The goals up on the propaganda site from the RF include the erasure of the very terms "Ukraine" and "Ukrainian" from existence. The article claims that by its very nature, the idea of "Ukraine" is Nazism. And that all educational materials and cultural phenomena associated with that idea must be destroyed.

Well, that means language, first of all. According to the RF's own sites, the Ukrainian language and terms for referring to anything "Ukrainian" must be destroyed.

Further, reports say that perhaps a million people from the occupied territories have been kidnapped and set to Russia. To the Far East, or to orphanages. Children torn from their mothers' arms to be sent to rot in Russian orphanages -- known to be unspeakably horrible.

No one can negotiate around this. No one can negotiate and say "well, you displaced 17 million of us, killed hundreds of thousands, crippled and orphaned countless more, you stole our children and sent them to holes to live with your children whom you have abandoned...OKAY, fine, let's shake!"

No American would negotiate with an aggressor who did that. No Russian would negotiate with an aggressor who did that.

It doesn't even make sense to do so. How can you negotiate with someone whose STATED GOAL is to destroy your entire people? "Okay, you can kill us all, but we get a new toaster." What?

These are family values? Invade a country, bomb countless families, then steal children from their mothers.

This has nothing to do with Drag Queen Story Hour.

This is the post-WWII fever dream of an adult child who, due to accidents of history, is getting to play "geopolitics" with real "toy" soldiers. And "toy" civilians.

The goal is not to protect anyone from anything.

The goal is not to protect a church or some such nonsense (bombing MP parishes and slaughtering the parishioners, putting the MP clergy of Ukraine into what must be one of the most bizarre and horrific situations in Christian history was no problem, of course).

The STATED GOAL is the absolute destruction of an ethnicity (and, naturally, the stealing of their territory and resources). It is happening already: kill, destroy, scatter, orphan, steal, kidnap, dismantle the population.

People had trouble believing reports of what Nazi Germany was doing, too. Even people who weren't Nazi sympathizers had trouble with it. "We are in the presence of a crime without a name," said Churchill in 1941.

But now we have a name: it is GENOCIDE.

The reports were true then, and they are true now.

The notion that at least some soldiers would engage in organized gang rape is actually much EASIER to believe and more precedented in modern history than the genocide intentions that the RF has posted online for all to see. If we take them at their word, the notion of organized gang rape is no surprise at all.

Reactions: seashale76
Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,069.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Once the dust settled in Serbia and the NATO goons left, the no-fly zones no longer "a thing" and people came to their senses, we saw that a lot of the propaganda leveled against the Serbs was pure poppycock. A lot of the "atrocities" were not atrocities. A lot of the "butchery" wasn't legit. Melosovic was rotting in The Hague demonized, defamed, ruined, and blamed for ordering "ethnic cleansing" missions. The guy dies from the stress of it all, then he is declared innocent/exonerated.

My point is that young people tend to believe the media FAST nowadays. They cling onto everything as truth. This war has tugged at peoples' hearts and I think the whole thing is far more complex than we realize.

Just like with Syria. "Oh that evil Assad is bombing innocent rebels!? WMD! Gassing people! Evil Putin is helping him!" The reality is that none of that was real. Assad was the only thing protecting Christianity in Syria. The "rebels" were Western-backed Christian-killers. Hoaxes right and left with awful reporting.

We have to acknowledge what led up to this war in Ukraine and take ownership of the fact NATO and the EU and the WEF and the U.S. put all the conditions in place to ensure this would happen. There is a long trail of breadcrumbs back to 2014, heck, even before that, where this war was all but assured and, some say with some credibility, planned.

Russia is the only thing standing in the way of "progress" in the east. The LGBT parades, abortion mills, "new gender brave new world," population controls, globalist economics, atheism, Russia stands in the way. Just like Trump stood in the way of "progress" for both Democrats and RINO's in the American government who were inches away from their goals, Putin is a road block.

We respect the Monroe Doctrine as long as it only pertains to us. We have invaded so many sovereign countries over the past 100 years and nuked one twice. We invade over far less. Russia isn't going to allow a NATO Ukraine or a nuclear Ukraine or Western bases in Ukraine. It's just not going to happen.

We have to look at what got us here and try to do so without the passion and the emotion, but with the military and political machinations that led up to this nonsense. War isn't pretty. Constantine didn't mess around. Constantine Pelealogos didn't mess around against the Ottomans. War sucks. It always will.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟745,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Re Serbia etc. I kept myself informed in the 1990s on the disintegration of Yugoslavia. The conclusion I understood was that all parties ( basically the Croatians, Slavic Moslems, and Serbs) were all guilty of atrocities. For some reason, the Serbs were singled out for NATO military intervention while the other factions received NATO support.

I believe Putin is a murderer and that Ukraine has a right to survive and has no other choice but to turn to NATO. If Trump was still president ( whatever one thinks of him), I do not think this war would have happened.

Last edited:
Reactions: seashale76
Upvote 0

Nick1000

Supporter
Dec 26, 2018
Pacific Coast - originally from Maine
✟424,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I believe Putin is a murderer and that Ukraine has a right to survive and has no other choice but to turn to NATO. If Trump was still president ( whatever one thinks of him), I do not think this war would have happened.

Nor would it be happening if Gorbachev were still in power.

Putin has destroyed Gorbachev's entire life's work.

Because Little Vlad wants to be a real Russian man like Stalin. Back when men were men and empires were empires. And Russia's future course is whatever Vlad needs for his psyche and personal legacy regardless of what it does for or to the Russian people and other peoples.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟745,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Nor would it be happening if Gorbachev were still in power.

Putin has destroyed Gorbachev's entire life's work.

Because Little Vlad wants to be a real Russian man like Stalin. Back when men were men and empires were empires. And Russia's future course is whatever Vlad needs for his psyche and personal legacy regardless of what it does for the Russian people and other peoples.

Until this war, I felt Putin was a mean junkyard dog but deserving a grudging respect. Russia was falling apart before he took over and he did much to stabilize society ( until recently). I think the decrease in the homicide rate in Russia from the 1990s to now testifies much to this.

Russia: homicide rate 1990-2020 | Statista

I realize this no longer matters now. It is probably too bad Gorbachev could not have held on.

Upvote 0

rusmeister

Dec 9, 2005
Eastern Europe
Visit site
✟432,491.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Re Serbia etc. I kept myself informed in the 1990s on the disintegration of Yugoslavia. The conclusion I understood was that all parties ( basically the Croatians, Slavic Moslems, and Serbs) were all guilty of atrocities. For some reason, the Serbs were singled out for NATO military intervention while the other factions received NATO support.

Agreed.

I believe Putin is a murderer

This can be argued.

and that Ukraine has a right to survive

Agreed.

and has no other choice but to turn to NATO.

This is the weak point in your view. It does not acknowledge NATO’s historic purpose, the disintegration of that purpose with the fall of the USSR, and the consistent effort by Western foreign policy over the past thirty years to restore that purpose. Yes, NOW you could argue a need for NATO - I merely argue that that need was artificially and purposefully created. Ukraine already declared intent to join NATO IN ITS CONSTITUTION in 2019.
Your view does not acknowledge that Russia could ever have legitimately had any sphere of influence whatsoever, while acknowledging no limit to our own.

If Trump was still president ( whatever one thinks of him), I do not think this war would have happened.

Agreed.

Jordan Peterson is mistaken on at least a few issues, religion being one of them, but he IS perspicacious enough to grasp the Russian POV without approving of everything in it, and amalgamating it with our own.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,069.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The flaw with this is that the idea is that they had to other choice but to turn to NATO really isn't true. They were groomed by NATO for years starting in the 1990's. By 2014, you had Lindsey Graham and that evil crumb McCain over in Kiev with the high command of the Ukrainian army and they're talking up an eventual war with Russia. They talk about it in a hopeful light, not a tone showing concern. The harassment of the Donbas region by the Ukrainians is part of what created this, Lukaris. Butchering Russian men, women, and children in the Eastern Ukraine was never something Russia would accept. You can hear comedy routines of Zelensky back when he was a two bit comedian talking about killing Russians flippantly. The previous presidents talked about killing Russian Ukrainians, destroying their language, depriving them of utilities, making life hell for them so they would leave Ukraine, one way or the other. Ukraine kept cozying up to the EU and NATO for years before there was a conflict. Russia had decent diplomacy with them up until that point. 2014 was the year things really started to tank.

Just like with the Monroe Doctrine we don't want Russia or China putting defense systems in the Western Hemisphere aimed at us, Russia made it painfully clear a decade ago that placing weapons systems or NATO troops or Western armies and defenses aimed at Russia in Ukraine was not something they'd tolerate. Ukraine didn't listen. NATO is using Ukrainians as canon fodder for a globo-homo push to weaken and marginalize and neutralize the only other super power on earth that they feel they can't control---Russia.

No, I don't like this invasion. Yes, it's sad. Yes, I hope it ends, but we can't pretend we didn't see this coming and it's a shocker or that Ukraine is innocent in all this. They are corrupt, laden with crooked labs, full of black arms markets, have a problem with fascist paramilitary groups, and they treat the Eastern Ukrainians like worthless trash. This was inevitable, I'm sad to say.

Upvote 0