(Orthodox) Russian soldiers engage in systematic rape to prevent women from having babies in future

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Screen Shot 2022-08-25 at 6.43.38 PM.png

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟754,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Wow. Trying to look up Alexander Dugin, and the lies and propaganda against the man is unbelievable! Terrible.

He seems like an ardent imperialist, not a madman, but still an imperialist. Many of his criticisms of the decadent west are valid but what they have done to Ukraine is inexcusable.

• Agree
Reactions: rusmeister
Upvote 0

Nick1000

Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2018
Pacific Coast - originally from Maine
✟455,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Many people have died from Putin's War. The woman was one more casualty although she was Russian and closer to Putin's circle than the ukrainians or russian soldiers die face down everyday.

The elite in Moscow may think there is some unspoken rule that the war will stay in Ukraine and they can just watch it on TV or that the casualties will just be Siberian kids or the soldiers from various ethnic groups. But it is not so. Putin is doing a mobilization but trying to pretend it is not. And the war is advancing to resistance movements inside Russia and into Crimea which is part of Ukraine.

All of the senior leadership and their families in Ukraine need to change their locations every two hours to keep from being killed by Russia. Russia kills anyone that it can. Not a day goes by when dozens of civilians are not blown to bits, many children. Think also of them, and pray also for them, while thinking of the alleged Christian martyrs in Moscow.

Stop the madness. The Russian State butchers need to go home.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: archer75
Upvote 0

rusmeister

A Russified American Orthodox Chestertonian
Dec 9, 2005
Eastern Europe
Visit site
✟435,370.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, I’m a lot more careful on such characterizations.

The act was evil, no doubt, sin heaped upon sin, and the perpetuation of violence. So the young woman’s murder is certainly tragic.

But I don’t know how Orthodox anyone is, including myself. I’m really skeptical about me, these days. At least in practice.

All the information sources now skew characterizations; I can’t name one that I would trust beyond all doubt.

I have to be careful what I say; dissent is no longer tolerated in Russia, even reasonable disagreement can be punished. But it is evident to me that while side A might benefit from killing political opponents on side B, it can be at least equally beneficial to side B to generate outrage and justify further hostile action. So I wouldn’t presume to know the truth on this one, but can only guess.

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
He seems like an ardent imperialist, not a madman, but still an imperialist. Many of his criticisms of the decadent west are valid but what they have done to Ukraine is inexcusable.
An imperialist? One of the most anti-imperialists journalists in our country, Max Blumenthal, talking with Mr. Sleboda didn't say that Dugin was an imperialist. He would've, believe me, if he were.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The murder of Alexandra Dugin is tragic, as is this entire war, but forgive me, I think it quite a stretch to call her an Orthodox martyr.
Perhaps not a martyr, but an innocent person murdered.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'll not comment anymore. The news has been upsetting to me, but I feel all alone in my thoughts and feelings on most of the horror happening. Don't really feel connected to anyone much anymore here, spiritually, or in friendship. I apologize my posts have bothered or offended people. God be with you all.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,465,849.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I'll not comment anymore. The news has been upsetting to me, but I feel all alone in my thoughts and feelings on most of the horror happening. Don't really feel connected to anyone much anymore here, spiritually, or in friendship. I apologize my posts have bothered or offended people. God be with you all.

I don’t think your posts have ever offended or bothered me, Dot. if you need a breather, go for it but I hope you stick around.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟754,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
An imperialist? One of the most anti-imperialists journalists in our country, Max Blumenthal, talking with Mr. Sleboda didn't say that Dugin was an imperialist. He would've, believe me, if he were.

I was just replying to your posts in general discussion. Whatever opinion I was giving was meant in all due respect. Sorry if I came across negatively.

My reply is meant towards your post in post #132. I picked the wrong post for my reply.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

rusmeister

A Russified American Orthodox Chestertonian
Dec 9, 2005
Eastern Europe
Visit site
✟435,370.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I think the majority of people here at TAW are pretty cool just for being able to tolerate dissent and disagree politely. You’re going to have to look long and hard before you find any place where disagreement happens more politely.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

East Anglican

Nov 15, 2003
Suffolk, England
Visit site
✟16,588.00
Faith
Protestant
Politics
UK-Conservative
I wouldn't be surprised. Historically Russians have been known to be quite brutal towards civilians during war.
They certainly have. Couple that with Putin keeping the moral of his army low so they are less likely to remove him, they're likely to act more like bandits than soldiers.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You haven’t offended anyone. You have the right to share your feelings and reactions.

• Agree
Upvote 0

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, I’m a lot more careful on such characterizations.

The act was evil, no doubt, sin heaped upon sin, and the perpetuation of violence. So the young woman’s murder is certainly tragic.

But I don’t know how Orthodox anyone is, including myself. I’m really skeptical about me, these days. At least in practice.

All the information sources now skew characterizations; I can’t name one that I would trust beyond all doubt.

I have to be careful what I say; dissent is no longer tolerated in Russia, even reasonable disagreement can be punished. But it is evident to me that while side A might benefit from killing political opponents on side B, it can be at least equally beneficial to side B to generate outrage and justify further hostile action. So I wouldn’t presume to know the truth on this one, but can only guess.
Killing people is evil, but some people make a lot of enemies for themselves. Imagining that one can pinpoint who killed X when X has deliberately engaged in activities for years that anger many, at home and abroad, is silly.

I'm not attributing such imaginings to you, @rusmeister . I'm agreeing with you, if I understand your post right.

As to slander against Dugin, I haven't read any slander (maybe there is), but the stuff the guy says, if spouted in the US, would get him laughed out of or thrown out of many serious conservative circles. The notion that the guy is some kind of admirable conservative because his adult daughter was murdered is unconnected to reality.

Upvote 0

Nick1000

Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2018
Pacific Coast - originally from Maine
✟455,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As to slander against Dugin, I haven't read any slander (maybe there is), but the stuff the guy says, if spouted in the US, would get him laughed out of or thrown out of many serious conservative circles. The notion that the guy is some kind of admirable conservative because his adult daughter was murdered is unconnected to reality.

Indeed.

In fact, there was a time when his words were so repugnant that even Moscow State University where he was a professor found him to be nauseating. Things have gone downhill a bit since then though. Killing Ukrainians is considered to be desirable now so he is back in the mainstream and one of the main cheerleaders.

Loss of departmental headship
In 2008 Dugin established a Center for Conservative Studies at the Moscow State University. The Center focused on counter-Enlightenment and conservative ideas of authors such as Guénon, Evola, Schmitt and Heidegger, and on their application to Russian politics.[35] In 2014 Dugin lost that academic position due to the controversy following an interview where he commented the death of 42 anti-Maidan activists in Odesa saying "But what we see on May 2nd is beyond any limits. Kill them, kill them, kill them. There should not be any more conversations. As a professor, I consider it so". Media outlets interpreted this as a call to kill Ukrainians.[94][139][140] A petition entitled "We demand the dismissal of MSU Faculty of Sociology Professor A. G. Dugin!" was signed by over 10,000 people and sent to the MSU rector Viktor Sadovnichiy.[141]

Aleksandr Dugin - Wikipedia

• Informative
Reactions: archer75
Upvote 0