(Orthodox) Russian soldiers engage in systematic rape to prevent women from having babies in future

Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Have you listened to Gorbachev's speeches about Ukraine? He warned NATO to stay out of their backyard or hell would be unleashed. Gorby was never ok with a NATO force in Ukraine or defense systems in their backyard.

There is nothing in Putin's pathology that indicates he's a Stalin-wannabe. Most scholars that are credible and know his history and mind say that this "He's Hitler wanting to keep pushing on into Western Europe" philosophy is utterly NOT Putin's style. He wants a buffer zone and a strategic safety net for Russia. He's not going to permit Ukraine to be in the hands of the West. That may not be what we like to hear, but it's his idea.
Nor would it be happening if Gorbachev were still in power.

Putin has destroyed Gorbachev's entire life's work.

Because Little Vlad wants to be a real Russian man like Stalin. Back when men were men and empires were empires. And Russia's future course is whatever Vlad needs for his psyche and personal legacy regardless of what it does for or to the Russian people and other peoples.

Reactions: Dorothea
Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
[Crossposting this here for TAW's information, in case anyone missed this.]

The Russian Federation's actions show that the regime is PRO-RAPE and ANTI-CHILDREN. Naturally, this shows conclusively that the regime that controls Russia is unambigously anti-Christian, as any Christian set of values is anti-rape and pro-children.

All Orthodox Christians, indeed all Christians, and all pro-life people in the world should be aware the Putin regime is anti-children and pro-rape.

"One example she points to is the violence that took place in Bucha. Denisova, the Ukrainian ombudswoman for human rights, described the situation to the BBC: "About 25 girls and women aged 14 to 24 were systematically raped during the occupation in the basement of one house in Bucha. Nine of them are pregnant. Russian soldiers told them they would rape them to the point where they wouldn't want sexual contact with any man, to prevent them from having Ukrainian children."

Rape has reportedly become a weapon in Ukraine. Finding justice may be difficult
A Ukrainian government official frequently cited as a source by western news media for her allegations of atrocities committed by Russian troops has been fired by the Ukrainian parliament, in part because of the unevidenced nature of those claims.

Newsweek reports:

“A Ukrainian official has been relieved of her duties over her handling of reports detailing sexual assault allegations made against Russians in Ukraine.

On Tuesday, the Ukrainian parliament, the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, removed Lyudmila Denisova, the parliament’s commissioner for human rights, from her post, according to Ukrainska Pravda. No new appointment has been made to fill the role.

Caitlin Johnstone: Official Behind Media Reports of Russian Atrocities Fired By Ukrainian Parliament

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Once the dust settled in Serbia and the NATO goons left, the no-fly zones no longer "a thing" and people came to their senses, we saw that a lot of the propaganda leveled against the Serbs was pure poppycock. A lot of the "atrocities" were not atrocities. A lot of the "butchery" wasn't legit. Melosovic was rotting in The Hague demonized, defamed, ruined, and blamed for ordering "ethnic cleansing" missions. The guy dies from the stress of it all, then he is declared innocent/exonerated.

My point is that young people tend to believe the media FAST nowadays. They cling onto everything as truth. This war has tugged at peoples' hearts and I think the whole thing is far more complex than we realize.

Just like with Syria. "Oh that evil Assad is bombing innocent rebels!? WMD! Gassing people! Evil Putin is helping him!" The reality is that none of that was real. Assad was the only thing protecting Christianity in Syria. The "rebels" were Western-backed Christian-killers. Hoaxes right and left with awful reporting.

We have to acknowledge what led up to this war in Ukraine and take ownership of the fact NATO and the EU and the WEF and the U.S. put all the conditions in place to ensure this would happen. There is a long trail of breadcrumbs back to 2014, heck, even before that, where this war was all but assured and, some say with some credibility, planned.

Russia is the only thing standing in the way of "progress" in the east. The LGBT parades, abortion mills, "new gender brave new world," population controls, globalist economics, atheism, Russia stands in the way. Just like Trump stood in the way of "progress" for both Democrats and RINO's in the American government who were inches away from their goals, Putin is a road block.

We respect the Monroe Doctrine as long as it only pertains to us. We have invaded so many sovereign countries over the past 100 years and nuked one twice. We invade over far less. Russia isn't going to allow a NATO Ukraine or a nuclear Ukraine or Western bases in Ukraine. It's just not going to happen.

We have to look at what got us here and try to do so without the passion and the emotion, but with the military and political machinations that led up to this nonsense. War isn't pretty. Constantine didn't mess around. Constantine Pelealogos didn't mess around against the Ottomans. War sucks. It always will.
Thank you.

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I believe Putin is a murderer
Different from most other leaders, including Western ones? Or along with all the rest of them? I don't think he's any different than Western leaders and other leaders around the globe.

and that Ukraine has a right to survive
Of course. I agree.

and has no other choice but to turn to NATO.
Because NATO put Zelensky and the Ukrainian people in that position. They're stuck.

If Trump was still president ( whatever one thinks of him), I do not think this war would have happened.
Agreed.

Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟754,374.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Nick1000

Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2018
Pacific Coast - originally from Maine
✟455,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Have you listened to Gorbachev's speeches about Ukraine? He warned NATO to stay out of their backyard or hell would be unleashed. Gorby was never ok with a NATO force in Ukraine or defense systems in their backyard.

There is nothing in Putin's pathology that indicates he's a Stalin-wannabe. Most scholars that are credible and know his history and mind say that this "He's Hitler wanting to keep pushing on into Western Europe" philosophy is utterly NOT Putin's style. He wants a buffer zone and a strategic safety net for Russia. He's not going to permit Ukraine to be in the hands of the West. That may not be what we like to hear, but it's his idea.

Much is said - especially by Putin- about Nato expansion in recent years.

He conveniently overlooks the fact that it occurred after he took Georgia and Crimea. Giving, once again, clear indication of what he long term game was and is.

So far Putin has recruited two new Nato members by threatening them and has strengthened Nato about ten fold in the region in the last year and has turned the great Russian World into a puppet of China whose only friends in the world now the traditional losers, North Korea, Iran, Belarus. Losers.

Ukraine is a sovereign country. No doubt they had every reason in the world to feel threatened by Russia too but all many Putin bootlickers and apologists worry about is making Vlad feel angry and threatened because he does not want any westernized countries on his border. I am pretty sure that if Ukraine had started lobbing shells into Russia that everyone would rise up and make the case that their feeling threatened or things not going their way in the grand scheme of things was not sufficient. Yeh, let's save that for Russia.

Let's not forget that when Ukraine left the Soviet Union it gave up its nuclear arsenal and it was clearly understood by the Russians that in doing so that the west would protect them if Russia took advantage of that- which they are. The only reason that Ukraine is at risk of being wiped off the face of the map is because they gave up their nukes.

Gorby did not want Nato expanding, nor did he want Russia to give reasons why they should such as by taking countries.

In addition to creating two new Nato members, Vlad has also created a new EU member-soon anyway- right in the very place he wants it the least. Oh, I see, they are not allowed to make Vlad angry. That is somehow a violation of international law to act as though you are not owned by Russia. We shall see.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Nick1000

Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2018
✟455,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

He conveniently overlooks the fact that it occurred after he took Georgia and Crimea. Giving, once again, clear indication of what he long term game was and is.

So far Putin has recruited two new Nato members by threatening them and has strengthened Nato about ten fold in the region in the last year and has turned the great Russian World into a puppet of China whose only friends in the world now the traditional losers, North Korea, Iran, Belarus. Losers.

Ukraine is a sovereign country. No doubt they had every reason in the world to feel threatened by Russia too but all many Putin bootlickers and apologists worry about is making Vlad feel angry and threatened because he does not want any westernized countries on his border. I am pretty sure that if Ukraine had started lobbing shells into Russia that everyone would rise up and make the case that their feeling threatened or things not going their way in the grand scheme of things was not sufficient. Yeh, let's save that for Russia.

Let's not forget that when Ukraine left the Soviet Union it gave up its nuclear arsenal and it was clearly understood by the Russians that in doing so that the west would protect them if Russia took advantage of that- which they are. The only reason that Ukraine is at risk of being wiped off the face of the map is because they gave up their nukes.

Gorby did not want Nato expanding, nor did he want Russia to give reasons why they should such as by taking countries. Russia pretty much failed on that part.
There was nothing in any of the treaties anyway that prohibits Nato expansion as needed. Again, making Putin angry is not an international crime or treaty violation. Maybe the U.S. should start shelling mexico city tomorrow- taking out entire streets of apartments because people are angry about the border. Or maybe not. Only Vlad gets to play that card and have his bootlickers line up to defend him.

In addition to creating two new Nato members, Vlad has also created a new EU member-soon anyway- right in the very place he wants it the least. Oh, I see, they are not allowed to make Vlad angry. That is somehow a violation of international law to act as though you are not owned by Russia. We shall see.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Gorby did not want Nato expanding, nor did he want Russia to give reasons why they should such as by taking countries.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,180,783.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Nick, All I see in your posts is one central point: PUTIN = THE DEVIL.

It's ridiculous.
Nick earned a place on my ignore list some time ago. I never imagined that I would put an Orthodox Christian on ignore, but he joins 1 other person who has earned that dubious honor. There were 2 others but they seem to have left CF.

• Useful
Upvote 0

Nick1000

Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2018
✟455,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Nick earned a place on my ignore list some time ago. I never imagined that I would put an Orthodox Christian on ignore, but he joins 1 other person who has earned that dubious honor. There were 2 others but they seem to have left CF.

Yes. You have not handled any disagreement about Putin and the war well.

Upvote 0

rusmeister

A Russified American Orthodox Chestertonian
Dec 9, 2005
Eastern Europe
Visit site
✟435,370.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

It’s unfortunate, when a person cannot hear anything you say, automatically treats everything you say as unreasonable and himself becomes unreasonable in the process. The word reasonable means that you can talk out differences, even if you don’t agree.

But as to the broader picture, the disagreement here in general is not whether Russia is wrong to conduct the invasion, but whether the Ukrainian/Western side is completely unprovoking victim or not, whether there was or is anything on that side that has given Russians any scrap of an excuse for what they do. I don’t believe that humans are entirely demons or entirely angels in this Fallen world. But some people evidently do.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Nick1000

Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2018
✟455,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But as to the broader picture, the disagreement here in general is not whether Russia is wrong to conduct the invasion, but whether the Ukrainian/Western side is completely unprovoking victim or not, whether there was or is anything on that side that has given Russians any scrap of an excuse for what they do.

No. That is only how you have chosen to frame the issue.

The rest of the world wants to know when Russia is going to stop the genocide if there is - as you suggest- agreement that the war is wrong.
If the Third Reich is exterminating people, some people are interested in seeing it stop and for there to be a realization that it is wrong and that there is such a thing as right and wrong. Others might argue that the focus needs to be on identifying how the Jews brought it upon themselves. At a certain point, you need to decide which camp you are in. You have pretty well beaten the Cuba 1962 rationale to death.

And lest there be any doubt, the Russian state and military are functioning at the same moral level- or lack thereof- as the Third Reich. No doubt Belarus, Iran, and North Korea do not agree. By your friends ye shall be known. This war is going to go on for years and a general mobilization is inevitable. It will no longer be fought by poor ethnic minorities, kids from Siberia, and Syrian kids hoping to send some money back home to the family so that they can buy a loaf of bread. It is not going to be spectator sport for those in Moscow. If you have friends and family make sure you have spent your time and energy in trying to stop the war rather than helping Russia hide its bottles. And yes, I get that you have a son who will be part of that mobilization so don't bother to get outraged with me. I also get that I understand what it is like to send a brother off to war never to return more than you do. Spend your time and energy well.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: archer75
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Having or manufacturing a "scrap of an excuse" for murdering the unborn gleefully along with the already-born makes absolutely no difference in the question of whether murder is evil and must be stopped.

Back in 2018 when the ROC's feelings were so hurt by the tomos granted by the EP, there was no room (so I heard from a number of parties)—no room!—for talk of how the ROC had brought this on itself.

When the "PR" stuff happened in 2012, it was all about the ROC's feelings being hurt.

In the eyes of some, Russia or the ROC are always the innocent victim, who cannot do anything wrong.

Everyone else, however, brings genocide on themselves...simply by acting like Putin is not in charge of them.

Reactions: seashale76
Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Nor would it be happening if Gorbachev were still in power.

Putin has destroyed Gorbachev's entire life's work.

Because Little Vlad wants to be a real Russian man like Stalin. Back when men were men and empires were empires. And Russia's future course is whatever Vlad needs for his psyche and personal legacy regardless of what it does for or to the Russian people and other peoples.
No, Gorbachov's work continued, but in the USA, in the field of climate change activism. It was the only way to really get America to turn Marxist.

Upvote 0

rusmeister

Dec 9, 2005
Eastern Europe
Visit site
✟435,370.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Having or manufacturing a "scrap of an excuse" for murdering the unborn gleefully along with the already-born makes absolutely no difference in the question of whether murder is evil and must be stopped.

Back in 2018 when the ROC's feelings were so hurt by the tomos granted by the EP, there was no room (so I heard from a number of parties)—no room!—for talk of how the ROC had brought this on itself.

When the "PR" stuff happened in 2012, it was all about the ROC's feelings being hurt.

In the eyes of some, Russia or the ROC are always the innocent victim, who cannot do anything wrong.

Everyone else, however, brings genocide on themselves...simply by acting like Putin is not in charge of them.

My dear Archer,
I have agreed with you from the beginning that this must be stopped. If you cannot see that I condemn the invasion, then I'll have to start ignoring you. You should cast my position fairly - as I express it.

What we evidently disagree on is whether military force or diplomacy is the way to do it. I say that military force can produce only one thing - WW3. Do you think that attacking the Russians in force will force them to back down? If so, then you don't understand them at all. Those that support this see this as yet another invasion from the West, whether you think so or not.They see a Ukraine becoming part of NATO with missiles on Russia's own borders as the final threat and insult from the fall of the USSR - and a reason to restore it, to prevent that threat to Russia. And if you start talking as if the purpose of NATO was only to deter attack and NEVER to offer a threat to Russia - well, they've heard those promises before.

YOU force me to continue to defend Russia when I pretty much gave up after the invasion - I don't think the invasion defensible. But because war hawks refuse to see that Russia has any legitimate concerns (already laid out - and ignored, previously), they will start a world war over a land they don't reall care about. YOU, my friend, don't really care about the Ukraine. I don't believe that anyone here does, except that Ukrainian member that appeared and disappeared a couple of months ago. I wouldn't defend Russia if it were not for the thoughtless people who think Russia can be pushed back by force. At this point, I have to try to convince you guys that you don't actually want to start WW3, and so, I am forced to act as Russia's lawyer.

If you would but admit that the West has indeed done things that have contributed to this mess, and then think how to nullify THOSE things that ordinary Russians that I know personally DO perceive a s a threat, then maybe we could still point to a peaceful way out of this. Not as if we were going to decide the outcome, but if enough people thought clearly enough, then we might have enough collective influence to at least sway politicians who serve wealthy masters rather than their own constituents. As long as you see all evils exclusively on the Russian side, then you guarantee war. Blessed are the peacemakers...

Upvote 0

rusmeister

Dec 9, 2005
Eastern Europe
Visit site
✟435,370.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I wouldn't be a bit surprised if this was actually true. This is the same country that decriminalized domestic violence in its own borders back in 2017 with the blessing of the ROC.

I think statistics about foreign experience not backed by extensive personal experience to be the least reliable form of "knowledge" imaginable.
I see enormous problems with the video's claims, which are largely contradicted by all of my experience and knowledge. There are indeed evils in Russia, as everywhere - I wouldn't deny that. I also admit that there is police abuse. AND that individual cases like the one described at the 7:00-minute mark certainly can happen. But I absolutely deny that "49% of Russian women think the most dangerous place for them is their own home". This sort of claim is made by people who have decided that domestic abuse - a bad philosophical term that does not identify good use, or what exactly constitutes it, and so it undoubtedly contains everything from beatings and murders to the mere pushing of one spouse by another, making it impossible to judge the extent of evil - is a prime evil of society, to be trumpeted and exaggerated everywhere. I live here, and have met a FEW women, over my lifetime here, who actually were treated badly by their husbands. For me this devolves to hearsay and a slavish trust in the truth of statistics.

"There are lies, damned lies, and statistics." (attributed to Mark Twain)

Upvote 0