(Orthodox) Russian soldiers engage in systematic rape to prevent women from having babies in future

Platina

Nov 3, 2017
Mechanicsburg
✟228,867.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
He also said: "May God grant that the current military actions not destroy the unified spiritual space of Holy Rus'."

Just...unbelievable. Can he really not see that that unity is already good and destroyed?

with this conflict, part of me wonders what would happen in Russia if the Kiev Caves were severely damaged (or, God forbid, destroyed).

• Prayers
Reactions: Nick1000
Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
How do you mean?

the Kiev Caves is sorta the starting point for Russian monasticism. it’d be like Orthodox Americans in the lower 48 firing on Spruce Island and damaging the sites connected with St Herman.

Upvote 0

rusmeister

A Russified American Orthodox Chestertonian
Dec 9, 2005
Eastern Europe
Visit site
✟435,470.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
He also said: "May God grant that the current military actions not destroy the unified spiritual space of Holy Rus'."

Just...unbelievable. Can he really not see that that unity is already good and destroyed?
Sorry, who said?

Upvote 0

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
the Kiev Caves is sorta the starting point for Russian monasticism. it’d be like Orthodox Americans in the lower 48 firing on Spruce Island and damaging the sites connected with St Herman.
Oh. Yeah, I know what you mean. The whole thing is so insane, though, that anyone who already admits the war is evil isn't going to be surprised, and anyone still pretending would just say it was a Nazi cave or the Nazis did it themselves.

Reports I've heard suggest that the average Russian monk these days is not really concerned with the roots of the Russian church or Russian monasticism. That's anecdotal, of course.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Oh. Yeah, I know what you mean. The whole thing is so insane, though, that anyone who already admits the war is evil isn't going to be surprised, and anyone still pretending would just say it was a Nazi cave or the Nazis did it themselves.

Reports I've heard suggest that the average Russian monk these days is not really concerned with the roots of the Russian church or Russian monasticism. That's anecdotal, of course.

yeah, it’s nuts. Lord have mercy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Lord have mercy.

What a joke. Patriarch Kirill's false words make the Church look like a lie if there ever was one.

some elder said the Enemy attacks the Church from all sides to include within, this forces man to look up.

Upvote 0

Platina

Nov 3, 2017
Mechanicsburg
✟228,867.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The Patriarch's stance is heartbreaking. The Ukrainians were supposed to be his flock as well and he totally abandoned them, and yet he still talks about there being some great unity. Patriarchia.ru posts about Russian priests who died while serving as chaplains in the war (as well they should, of course these priests need our prayers), but where is the Patriarchal condolences for the Ukrainian priests who die cause their church was shelled, etc?

Forgive me, I'm sure the Patriarch is under enormous pressure, and I won't pretend I'd have the strength to be any better. But we need a St. Tikhon right now.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The Patriarch's stance is heartbreaking. The Ukrainians were supposed to be his flock as well and he totally abandoned them, and yet he still talks about there being some great unity. Patriarchia.ru posts about Russian priests who died while serving as chaplains in the war (as well they should, of course these priests need our prayers), but where is the Patriarchal condolences for the Ukrainian priests who die cause their church was shelled, etc?

Forgive me, I'm sure the Patriarch is under enormous pressure, and I won't pretend I'd have the strength to be any better. But we need a St. Tikhon right now.
It's true that God alone sees the heart. But according to the knowledge of the world, Patriarch Kirill could have used his many connections and resources to skip out, save his own life, and use his position to say the truth. The loss of support from the ROC's head would have been a serious blow to the death machine.

Upvote 0

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
"He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made. His mischief shall return upon his own head, and his violent dealing shall come down upon his own pate." - Psalm 7:15-16

• Agree
Reactions: rusmeister
Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
It's true that God alone sees the heart. But according to the knowledge of the world, Patriarch Kirill could have used his many connections and resources to skip out, save his own life, and use his position to say the truth. The loss of support from the ROC's head would have been a serious blow to the death machine.

there certainly would have been more international support, especially from the Orthodox.

Upvote 0

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
there certainly would have been more international support, especially from the Orthodox.
More international support for what? For the anti-war effort? Sorry, I just didn't follow.

Upvote 0