Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Do you happen to know if those three were converts to Orthodoxy? The priest at our local Orthodox parish said the bishop likes to see catechumens attend the full year before baptism hoping to reduce a revolving door of converts.
I don't believe that they were, I believe they were born into the churches in question. But they were fully members.

Upvote 0

Joy

May 21, 2004
B'ham
✟1,403,923.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Mod Hat On

Some Posts and Responses
have been Removed
in
Thread Clean

RV: Statement of Purpose - Semper Reformanda - Reformed Statement of Faith

House Rules:
●All posts within this faith community must adhere to the site wide rules found here (Community Rules). In addition, if you are not a member of this faith group, you may not debate issues or teach against it's theology. You may post in fellowship. Active promotion of views contrary to the established teachings of this group will be considered off topic.

Mod Hat Off

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟777,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Some schismatic groups are, for example, Catholic groups that don't believe the current Pope is valid or strict Orthodox that follow the old calendar and other older traditions no longer followed or accepted.
Interesting point. I would be curious to see a study on that with some numbers. I know that in my RCIA class of 12 there were at least 3 people that leaned towards a Traditional approach and I believe (if they are still with the RCC) would be pre-disposed to moving to the SSPX or similar group. It is kind of a "lean more into it or leave it" approach when presented with issues.

Kind of a "well, clearly the issue is that the church is not Traditional enough, it has been influenced by modernism too much". I experienced that to a degree, had I stayed in the RCC I would have gone the SSPX route eventually. The issue for me was scripture and reality, they just did not square with a RC understanding of the religion.

Upvote 0