LarryP2

Mar 13, 2014
✟1,841.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
[/attach][/attach][/attach][/attach]

Can somebody make this full size. I am not so good at uploading photos.

Attachments

• another girl 2.jpg
    another girl 2.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 151
  • Another hey girl.jpg
    Another hey girl.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 211
  • Chanters.jpg
    Chanters.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 122
  • hey girl another poster.jpg
    hey girl another poster.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 138
  • hey girl.jpg
    hey girl.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 60
Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Just found a couple more - my apologies if they might be repeats but I don't think so.

And my apologies to any Catholics - please forgive me - but the first one just struck me as funny because of the character. :)

Not a meme but ... it's begging to be one! That and it just makes me smile!

Reactions: Paidiske
Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Oh my....I didn't know what to think of this at first since it literally was just striking to see it - but when thinking of how imperialism can impact/shape the Church and leaders in it can act more so like what you'd see in Star Wars leaders from the Empire, yeah - it was brilliant :)^_^

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Gxg (G²);64483300 said:
The First one on Bible Cannon and the Last one on worship were amazing :) ^_^

Some others I found that had me rolling..

tumblr_md1gb4QRZj1rjkn3vo1_400.jpg

32972572.jpg

chicken-church-saw-too_c_1437917.jpg

things%20jesus%20never%20said%205.jpg

christssecondcoming.jpg

who_we_are.jpeg

LOVE THESE, and the one before with the Church Fathers and the Bible Canon. ^_^ ^_^ ^_^

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

Re-reading, I think I must have missed this one.

I went to two of the Bridegroom services, the Wed. Holy Unction service (which took forever of course with a large attendance), Thursday Divine Liturgy, Service of the Holy Passion, Royal Hours, the Apokathelosis service, Lamentations service, Saturday Divine Liturgy, Orthros of the Resurrection, Pascha of course, Agape Vespers - and during between times helped with all the flowers for the Epitaphios, a huge basket of bay leaves and rose petals, the myrr-bearer's baskets, setting up various things and cleaning up after the picnic, and whatever else I've forgotten. There were lots of others who did the same or other tasks, not bragging by any means. We were on our feet for almost a week, LOL. It was glorious.

But this meme is hilarious, looking back.

Upvote 0

LarryP2

Mar 13, 2014
✟1,841.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Re-reading, I think I must have missed this one.

I went to two of the Bridegroom services, the Wed. Holy Unction service (which took forever of course with a large attendance), Thursday Divine Liturgy, Service of the Holy Passion, Royal Hours, the Apokathelosis service, Lamentations service, Saturday Divine Liturgy, Orthros of the Resurrection, Pascha of course, Agape Vespers - and during between times helped with all the flowers for the Epitaphios, a huge basket of bay leaves and rose petals, the myrr-bearer's baskets, setting up various things and cleaning up after the picnic, and whatever else I've forgotten. There were lots of others who did the same or other tasks, not bragging by any means. We were on our feet for almost a week, LOL. It was glorious.

But this meme is hilarious, looking back.

So it sounds like you might be willing to finally get halfway serious about Pascha by next year?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LarryP2

Mar 13, 2014
✟1,841.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
You know though, that just further convinces me that priests must be Jedi Knights in disguise. How else can they still be STANDING after such a grueling schedule!?!!?

I was wondering that my self. Our Priest's voice was definitely giving out and breaking by about 1 am on Easter Morning.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I was wondering that my self. Our Priest's voice was definitely giving out and breaking by about 1 am on Easter Morning.

Yes, two of our main chanters are a married couple, and they were at many of those services, then did an all-night vigil after the Pascha service (I did drive home so I could bake brownies for the picnic and sleep for 2 hours!) ... they had to take a couple of weeks off after Pascha.

Fr. M. has had many fewer services too. He got sick the week after (He said next year, he's going to pray not to make it through Pascha, as he always prays, but to make it through Pascha and the following week, because he always gets sick that week!). Then Presbytera got sick the week after that. She has two small boys. This is a rough time of year on them!

Upvote 0