Visit site
✟27,610.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A Protestant, a Catholic and an Orthodox are discussing what Jesus would be upon his return to earth. The Protestant insists Jesus would be a Protestant, the Catholic insists he would be Catholic. The Orthodox looks puzzled and asks, “But why would he change?”

From here

Upvote 0

Grand_Duchess-Elizaveta

Pie-baking apron-clad hausfrau :D
Jun 22, 2004
Canada
✟4,397.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oblio said:
A Protestant, a Catholic and an Orthodox are discussing what Jesus would be upon his return to earth. The Protestant insists Jesus would be a Protestant, the Catholic insists he would be Catholic. The Orthodox looks puzzled and asks, “But why would he change?”

From here
:D :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Peter

Veteran
Aug 19, 2003
Southern US
Visit site
✟2,154.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Top Ten Ways To Tell If You Are An Orthodox School Teacher

1. You end each day with a “Lord, Have Mercy.”
2. You feel compelled to eat the crumbs from the lunchroom floor.
3. You volunteer to help the elementary students tie their shoes, as you are the most flexible.
4. You stand in the teachers break room.
5. You don’t mind long faculty meetings.
6. You thank your students for giving you an icon of themselves after picture day.
7. You cross yourself after drinking from the drinking fountain.
8. The home ec. kids are baking blueberry muffins, and you wonder what the new incense is.
9. You break into the Creed when the bell rings.
10. You ask for a blessing from the principal.

Upvote 0

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Melethiel

Miserere mei, Domine
Site Supporter
Jun 8, 2005
Ohio
✟77,093.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
- You’re used to skipping breakfast on Sundays.
- You consider an hour long church service to be "short." (Heh, yeah. Unfortunately, most church services last an hour. :p )
-You have Ancient Echoes in your CD collection

Sshhh...don't tell anyone. ;)

Upvote 0

OrthodoxyUSA

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2004
Tupelo, MS
Visit site
✟142,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Oblio said:

From here

And just where have you been mister?

You've been missed.

Forgive me...

Upvote 0

OrthodoxyUSA

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2004
Tupelo, MS
Visit site
✟142,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Matrona said:
That was posted back in January. :(

I wish it was recent, though. :sigh:

Just reading through the thread....:( I didn't notice the date time stamp... sorry.

Forgive me..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ioan cel Nou

Jul 15, 2005
Barnsley, UK
✟16,378.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
This one I just stumbled across on the Orthodixie blog isn't bad:

When God created the dog, He said: "Sit all day by the door of your house and bark at anyone who comes in or walks past. For this, I will give you a life span of twenty years."

The dog said: "That's a long time to be barking. How about only ten years and I'll give you back the other ten?"

So God agreed.

Next, God created the monkey and said: "Entertain people, do tricks, and make them laugh. For this, I'll give you a twenty-year life span."

The monkey said: "Monkey tricks for twenty years? That's a pretty long time to perform. How about I give you back ten like the Dog did?"

And God agreed.

God then created the cow and said: "You must go into the field with the farmer all day long and suffer under the sun, have calves and give milk to support the farmer's family. For this, I will give you a life span of sixty years."

The cow said: "That's kind of a tough life you want me to live for sixty years. How about twenty and I'll give back the other forty?"

And God agreed again.

Finally, God created man and said: "Eat, sleep, play, marry and enjoy your life. For this, I'll give you twenty years." But man said: "Only twenty years? Could you possibly give me my twenty, the forty the cow gave back, the ten the monkey gave back, and the ten the dog gave back; that makes eighty, okay?"

"Okay," said God, "You asked for it."

So that is why the first twenty years we eat, sleep, play and enjoy ourselves. For the next forty years we slave in the sun to support our family. For the next ten years we do monkey tricks to entertain the grand-children. And for the last ten years we sit on the front porch and bark at everyone.

Life has now been explained to you.

Reactions: Gwendolyn
Upvote 0

Yiannis550

Jun 27, 2005
Edinburgh, Scotland
✟7,825.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
How about this?

There was an arrogant Scientist that he clamed he can create life like God does! So God appeared to him and told him
-I heard you clamed you are like me and you can create life.
-Well yes
-Ok lets have a contest.
So God takes some dirt from the ground, makes a human form and blows on it the Holly Spirit and here we have a man!
Then the Scientis says:
-I can to the same! and he takes some dirt. God then tells him:
-Hey what are you doing there? Create your own dirt!

Upvote 0

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
jmbejdl said:
This one I just stumbled across on the Orthodixie blog isn't bad:

When God created the dog, He said: "Sit all day by the door of your house and bark at anyone who comes in or walks past. For this, I will give you a life span of twenty years."

The dog said: "That's a long time to be barking. How about only ten years and I'll give you back the other ten?"

So God agreed.

Next, God created the monkey and said: "Entertain people, do tricks, and make them laugh. For this, I'll give you a twenty-year life span."

The monkey said: "Monkey tricks for twenty years? That's a pretty long time to perform. How about I give you back ten like the Dog did?"

And God agreed.

God then created the cow and said: "You must go into the field with the farmer all day long and suffer under the sun, have calves and give milk to support the farmer's family. For this, I will give you a life span of sixty years."

The cow said: "That's kind of a tough life you want me to live for sixty years. How about twenty and I'll give back the other forty?"

And God agreed again.

Finally, God created man and said: "Eat, sleep, play, marry and enjoy your life. For this, I'll give you twenty years." But man said: "Only twenty years? Could you possibly give me my twenty, the forty the cow gave back, the ten the monkey gave back, and the ten the dog gave back; that makes eighty, okay?"

"Okay," said God, "You asked for it."

So that is why the first twenty years we eat, sleep, play and enjoy ourselves. For the next forty years we slave in the sun to support our family. For the next ten years we do monkey tricks to entertain the grand-children. And for the last ten years we sit on the front porch and bark at everyone.

Life has now been explained to you.

:D

Upvote 0

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
My husband was just sent this post and thought you might enjoy it:

Nine year old Joey was asked by his mother what he had learned in Sunday school. "Well, Mom, our teacher told us how God sent Moses behind enemy lines on a rescue mission to lead the Israelites out of Egypt. When he got to the Red Sea, he had his engineers build a pontoon bridge and all the people walked across safely. Then, he used his walkie-talkie to radio headquarters for reinforcements. They sent bombers to blow up the bridge and all the Israelites were saved."

"Now, Joey, is that really what your teacher taught you?" his mother asked.

"Well, no, Mom. But, if I told it the way the teacher did, you'd never believe it!"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dust and Ashes

wretched, miserable, poor, blind and naked
May 4, 2004
Visit site
✟7,946.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Our infant mission meets to pray Small Compline every Wednesday and Saturday night and we are still working out kinks so often an unplanned funny will crop up. O-usa had printed out copies that had the different parts colored differently. He had missed one typo but the placement of that typo almost spelled disaster for the service.

"He had delivered us from the moth of Hades and bestowed great mercy upon the world."

Well, O-usa's 13 year old son was there and found that amusing and his amusement was pretty contagious and afterwards there was quite a bit of talk about moths of Hades and casting the movie, etc, etc. Even now with the typo fixed, some of us can't suppress a grin when we come to that part.

Yeah, I know, we are easily amused. :D

Upvote 0

Khaleas

Also known as Jenn the Finn :)
Feb 2, 2005
Virginia
✟9,581.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
This is a true story...

We had a service in our little Chapel and Father was talking about the Holy Spirit descending... and down from the ceiling comes this massive flying bug.

:D

Needless to say, he had to take a little break before going on at that point... and everyone else had to try real hard not to laugh.

Upvote 0

Greg the byzantine

have mercy on me
Site Supporter
Jan 21, 2005
✟56,796.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
LOL. I was just reminded of one time when we were in church. The Sunday School always picks certain days during the week to have confession twice a month, and kids come and we wait in the church until the priest calls us one by one. I was waiting there once with my friends, because the priest hadn't arrived and it was dim because we only had one set of lights on and the candles. All of a sudden we hear in a very deep loud voice with a heavy accent "FATHER FORGIVE ME FOR I HAVE SINNED" We were shaking and laughing soo hard. The priest had come in through the back entrance, and because of the way my church is set up (check out the picture below, when the curtain is closed over the royal doors as it was that day you can't see what's going on behind the iconostasis) you couldn't see anything. He then popped his head of one of the deacons doors with this huge grin on his face, it was hilarious :D
christmas_aisle_decorated.jpg

Upvote 0

Nebmaatisus

Aug 30, 2005
✟7,810.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Unfortunately the linquistical errors in Finnish do not translate into English. Well, once I was reading a Canon, and forgot the name of the saint of the day. The cantor whispered it to me: "Spyridon". I did not hear it properly and said the first thing that popped into my mind - "Our father Spiritus, pray for us". Half of the choir had to stop singing, and one woman darted out of the church not to burst into laughter inside.

Once a bishop was serving a liturgy. When coming out of the altar, he stumbled over his vestments and rolled the stairs down, with his mitre rolling merrily away to the feet of the people. When he rose to his feet, his staff caught a lady´s skirt and lifted it. At this point the clergy in the altar burst into laughter. The bishop muttered angrily toward them "We will talk about this later", but on the meal after the liturgy he just remarked that "After all, it went well, even with my little stumlings".

Upvote 0
K

Kolya

Nebmaatisus said:
Unfortunately the linquistical errors in Finnish do not translate into English. Well, once I was reading a Canon, and forgot the name of the saint of the day. The cantor whispered it to me: "Spyridon". I did not hear it properly and said the first thing that popped into my mind - "Our father Spiritus, pray for us". Half of the choir had to stop singing, and one woman darted out of the church not to burst into laughter inside.

Once a bishop was serving a liturgy. When coming out of the altar, he stumbled over his vestments and rolled the stairs down, with his mitre rolling merrily away to the feet of the people. When he rose to his feet, his staff caught a lady´s skirt and lifted it. At this point the clergy in the altar burst into laughter. The bishop muttered angrily toward them "We will talk about this later", but on the meal after the liturgy he just remarked that "After all, it went well, even with my little stumlings".
Welcome to CF, and especially to TAW Nebmaastisus!!! We're always happy to get new members.:) Below is some info I hope you find to be useful. Any other questions you may have about CF may be posted here.

Please check out the posts on the Relaxation, Hobbies, Personal, Entertainment, Music, Society and Outreach sections of this forum to get acquainted with your type of friends.

Navigating is easy from the User CP button. Also check out Armor (That is where you can build the little doll character you may see at the left of many posts) and Custom. You may also click on any person’s name on the Left of a Post to ‘Bless’ them, PM them or read their Profiles. You can also ‘Bless’ someone by clicking on the Heart/Cross Icon and you can give someone “Reputation” (Repping) by clicking on the little Hand Icon at the top right of a post.

Blessings are the currency of CF. You get one blessing every time you post. You may also play games to win Blessings, or you can donate to CF via Pay pal or Credit Card and you get 1000 Blessings per US Dollar.

You can use blessings to buy a personalized avatar. Also if you wish to change the way anything on your posts looks, or want to build a doll character like at the left, it will cost you Blessings. Health stays 100% if you post about 5 times a day. If you don’t post for a while, it goes down.

Many years

Kolya

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.