Photini

Gone.
Jun 24, 2003
✟18,808.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
One of my favorites! (see www.orthodox.net/services)

[font=Arial, Helvetica]Aghni Parthene
" O Pure Virgin"
by St. Nectarios of Aegina
Tone 5
[/font][font=TIMES NEW ROMAN, GEORGIA, TIMES]​

(A) O pure and virgin Lady,/ O spotless Theotokos: Rejoice, O unwedded Bride!

O Virgin Queen and Mother/ O dewey fleece most sacred:/ Rejoice, O unwedded Bride!

(B) O height transcending heaven above/ O beam of light most radiant:/ Rejoice, O unwedded Bride!

O joy of chaste and virgin maids/ surpassing all the angels:/ Rejoice, O unwedded Bride!

(C) O brilliant light of heaven above/ most clear and most radiant: / Rejoice, O unwedded Bride!

Commanding chief of heaven above/ O holiest of holies/ Rejoice, O unwedded Bride!

(A) O ever-virgin Mary/ O Mistress of creation:/ Rejoice, O unwedded Bride!

O Bride all-pure and spotless/ O Lady all-holy:/ Rejoice, O unwedded Bride!

(B) O holy Mary, Bride and Queen/ O cause of our rejoicing/ Rejoice, O unwedded Bride!

O Maiden Queen most hon'rable/ O Mother most holy/ Rejoice, O unwedded Bride!

(C) More precious than the cherubim/ more glorious than the seraphim:/ Rejoice, O unwedded Bride!

Surpassing principalities/ dominions, thrones and powers:/ Rejoice, O unwedded Bride!

(A) Rejoice, song of the cherubim/ Rejoice, hymn of the angels:/ Rejoice, O unwedded Bride!

Rejoice, ode of the seraphim/ and joy of the archangels:/ Rejoice, O unwedded Bride!

(B) Rejoice, o peace; Rejoice, o joy/ and haven of salvation: Rejoice, O unwedded Bride!

O bridal chamber of the Word/ unfading, fragrant blossom:/ Rejoice, O unwedded Bride!

(C) Rejoice, delight of paradise/ Rejoice, life everlasting: / Rejoice, O unwedded Bride!
Rejoice, o holy tree of life/ and fount of immortality:/ Rejoice, O unwedded Bride!
[/font]

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,178,560.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Here it is in Greek. If you haven't heard it, I recommend getting the tape/CD from the Simonopetra monastery on Mount Athos. Absolutely beautiful!

Ἁγνὴ Παρθένε Δέσποινα, ἄχραντε Θεοτόκε,
Παρθένε μήτηρ ἄνασσα, πανένδροσέ τε πόκε.
Ὑψηλοτέρα οὐρανῶν, ἀκτίνων λαμπροτέρα,
Χαρὰ παρθενικῶν χορῶν, ἀγγέλων ὑπερτέρα.
Ἐκλαμπροτέρα οὐρανῶν, φωτὸς καθαρωτέρα,
Τῶν οὐρανίων στρατιῶν, πασῶν ἁγιωτέρα.

Μαρία ἀειπάρθενε κόσμου παντὸς Κυρία,
Ἄχραντε νύμφη πάναγνε, Δέσποινα Παναγία.
Μαρία νύμφη ἄνασσα, Χαρᾶς ἡμῶν αἰτία,
Κόρη σεμνή, βασίλισσα, Μήτηρ ὑπεραγία,
Τιμιωτέρα Χερουβίμ, ὑπερενδοξοτέρα,
Τῶν ἀσωμάτων Σεραφείμ, τῶν θρόνων ὑπερτέρα.

Χαῖρε τὸ ᾆσμα Χερουβίμ, χαῖρε ὕμνος ἀγγέλων,
Χαῖρε ᾠδὴ τῶν Σεραφίμ, χαρὰ τῶν ἀρχαγγέλων.
Χαῖρε εἰρήνη καὶ χαρά, λιμὴν τῆς σωτηρίας.
Παστὰς τοῦ Λόγου ἱερά, ἄνθος τῆς ἀφθαρσίας.
Χαῖρε παράδεισε τρυφῆς, ζωῆς τε αἰωνίας.
Χαῖρε τὸ ξύλον τῆς ζωῆς, πηγὴ ἀθανασίας.

Σὲ ἱκετεύω Δέσποινα, σὲ νῦν ἐπικαλοῦμαι.
Σὲ δυσωπῶ Παντάνασσα, σὴν χάριν ἐξαιτοῦμαι.
Κόρη σεμνὴ καὶ ἄσπιλε, Δέσποινα Παναγία,
Θερμῶς ἐπικαλοῦμαί σε, ναὲ ἡγιασμένε.
Ἀντιλαβοῦ μου, ρῦσαί με ἀπὸ τοῦ πολεμίου
Καὶ κληρονόμον δεῖξόν με ζωῆς τῆς αἰωνίου.

One note, the line translated as "O dewey fleece most sacred" doesn't really capture what Saint Nektarios intended. Literally, it translates as "refreshing fleece" but the meaning is more along the lines of a protective coat or covering that does not smother or weigh you down, unlike a thick, heavy overcoat.

Translating poetry is one task I do not envy ;)

John

Upvote 0

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Prayer of Metropolitan Philaret of Moscow

Lord
I know not what to ask of You.
You alone know what my true needs are.
You love me more than I myself know how to love.
Help me to see my real needs which may be hidden from me.
I dare not ask for either a cross or a consolation.
I can only wait upon You; my heart is open to You.
Visit and help me in Your steadfast love.
Strike me and heal me; cast me down and raise me up.
I worship in silence Your Holy Will.
I offer myself to You as a living sacrifice.
I put all my trust in You.
I have no other desire than to fulfill Your Will.
Teach me to pray. Pray Yourself in me. Amen.

My Orthodox Prayer Book, Brookline, MA: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese DRE. 1985. p.68

Upvote 0

Moros

Jan 1, 2004
✟22,337.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Single
The Jesus Prayer
Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.

Prayer of Repentance
Lord our God, good and merciful, I acknowledge all my sins which I have committed every day of my life, in thought, word and deed; in body and soul alike. I am heartily sorry that I have ever offended thee, and I sincerely repent; with tears I humbly pray thee, O Lord: of thy mercy forgive me all my past transgressions and absolve me from them. I firmly resolve, with the help of Thy Grace, to amend my way of life and to sin no more; that I may walk in the way of the righteous and offer praise and glory to the Name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Prayer Before a Journey
O Lord Jesus Christ our God, the true and living way, be thou, 0 Master, my companion, guide and guardian during my journey; deliver and protect me from all danger, misfortune and temptation; that being so defended by Thy divine power, I may have a peaceful and suc-cessful journey and arrive safely at my des-tination. For in thee I put my trust and hope, and to thee, together with thy Eternal Father, and the All-holy Spirit, I ascribe all praise, honor and glory: now and ever, and unto ages of ages. Amen.

Thanksgiving After Deliverance From Trouble
Almighty and merciful God, I most humbly and heartily thank thy divine majesty for thy loving kindness and tender mercies, that thou hast heard my humble prayer, and graciously vouchsafed to deliver me from my trouble and misery. Grant me, I beeseech thee, thy helping grace, that I may obediently walk in thy holy commandments, and lead a sober, righteous and godly life, ever remembering thy mercies, and the blessings thou hast undeservedly bestowed upon me, that I may continually offer to thee the sacrifice of praise and thanks-giving, 0 Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Amen.

Prayer to St. John Chrysostom
O great Hierarch John Chrysostom!
Thou hast received many and various gifts from the Lord, and, as a good and faithful servant, hast shown good increase of all the talants given to thee: for this cause thou wast truly a teacher of the universe, for every age and calling learneth from thee. Thou art a model of obedience for children, a luminary of chastity for the young, a teacher of industry to grown men, an instructor of forgiveness to the aged, a rule of abstinence for monastics, a leader inspired by God for those at prayer, an enlightener of the mind for those who seek wisdom, an inexhaustible source of the living Word for well-spoken orators, a star of mercy for the charitable, a model of wise rule for those in authority, an inspiration to boldness for those zealous in the truth, a teacher of patience for those persecuted for truth's sake: thou art become all to all, so that in any way thou mightest save some. But above all these, thou hast sought after love, which is the bond of perfection, and by that as by Divine power thou hast united all these gifts into one in thyself; and the same love, which reconciles the divided, thou hast preached unto all the faithful in expounding the words of the Apostles.
As for us sinners, each having our own gifts, we lack the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace; we are vain, provoking one another, envying one another: therefore our divided gifts come not unto peace and salvation, but rather unto enmity and to our judgment. For this cause we fall down before thee, O hierarch of God, in the grip of dissensions, and in contrition of heart we ask: By thy prayers, drive away from our hearts all pride and envy that divide us, so that in many members there may be one churchly Body, and so that according to the word of thy Prayer we may love one another and in one accord confess the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, the Trinity One in Essence and Undivided: now and ever, and unto ages of ages.
Amen.

Prayer 2
Grace like a flame shining forth from thy mouth has illumined the universe, and disclosed to the world treasures of poverty and shown us the height of humility. And as by thine own words thou teachest us, Father John Chrysostom, so intercede with the Word, Christ our God, to save our souls.

Redemption Prayer
Father, I know that I have broken your laws and my sins have separated me from you. I am truly sorry, and now I want to turn away from my past sinful life toward you. Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again. I believe that your son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer. I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Please send your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

Prayer to St. Michael Archangel
Saint Michael the Archangel,
Defend us in battle.
Be our protection against the wickedness
and snares of the devil;
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
And do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host,
By the power of God, thrust into hell
Satan and all evil spirits
who wander through the world
for the ruin of souls. Amen.

Upvote 0

Moros

Jan 1, 2004
✟22,337.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Single
some sources for those:

www.chrysostom.org
http://www.ocf.org/OrthodoxPage/prayers/
http://www.myriobiblos.gr/texts/english/prayerbook/main.htm
http://www.gocanada.org/Youth/prayers.html

Prayer for Enemies
Lord Jesus Christ, Who didst command us to love our enemies, and those who defame and injure us, and to pray for them and forgive them; Who Thyself didst pray for Thine enemies, who crucified thee: grant us, we pray, the spirit of Christian reconciliation and meekness, that we may heartily forgive every injury and be reconciled with our enemies. Grant us to overcome the malevolence and offences of people with Christian meekness and true love of our neighbor. We further beseech Thee, O Lord, to grant to our enemies true peace and forgiveness of sins; and do not allow them to leave this life without true faith and sincere conversion. And help us repay evil with goodness, and to remain safe from the temptations of the devil and from all the perils which threaten us, in the form of visible and invisible enemies. Amen.

Upvote 0

Moros

Jan 1, 2004
✟22,337.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Single
I like to call this one the Old Testament prayer for enemies:

Psalms 109

Hold not thy peace, O God of my praise; For the mouth of the wicked and the mouth of the deceitful are opened against me: they have spoken against me with a lying tongue. They compassed me about also with words of hatred; and fought against me without a cause. For my love they are my adversaries: but I give myself unto prayer. And they have rewarded me evil for good, and hatred for my love. Set thou a wicked man over him: and let Satan stand at his right hand. When he shall be judged, let him be condemned: and let his prayer become sin. Let his days be few; and let another take his office. Let his children be fatherless, and his wife a widow. Let his children be continually vagabonds, and beg: let them seek their bread also out of their desolate places. Let the extortioner catch all that he hath; and let the strangers spoil his labour. Let there be none to extend mercy unto him: neither let there be any to favour his fatherless children. Let his posterity be cut off; and in the generation following let their name be blotted out. Let the iniquity of his fathers be remembered with the LORD; and let not the sin of his mother be blotted out. Let them be before the LORD continually, that he may cut off the memory of them from the earth. Because that he remembered not to shew mercy, but persecuted the poor and needy man, that he might even slay the broken in heart. As he loved cursing, so let it come unto him: as he delighted not in blessing, so let it be far from him. As he clothed himself with cursing like as with his garment, so let it come into his bowels like water, and like oil into his bones. Let it be unto him as the garment which covereth him, and for a girdle wherewith he is girded continually. Let this be the reward of mine adversaries from the LORD, and of them that speak evil against my soul. But do thou for me, O GOD the Lord, for thy name's sake: because thy mercy is good, deliver thou me. For I am poor and needy, and my heart is wounded within me. I am gone like the shadow when it declineth: I am tossed up and down as the locust. My knees are weak through fasting; and my flesh faileth of fatness. I became also a reproach unto them: when they looked upon me they shaked their heads. Help me, O LORD my God: O save me according to thy mercy: That they may know that this is thy hand; that thou, LORD, hast done it. Let them curse, but bless thou: when they arise, let them be ashamed; but let thy servant rejoice. Let mine adversaries be clothed with shame, and let them cover themselves with their own confusion, as with a mantle. I will greatly praise the LORD with my mouth; yea, I will praise him among the multitude. For he shall stand at the right hand of the poor, to save him from those that condemn his soul.

Upvote 0

Photini

Gone.
Jun 24, 2003
✟18,808.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Psalm 50:

Have mercy on me, O God, have mercy on me [2]; according to the multitude of Thy tender mercies, blot out my transgressions. Wash me thoroughly from mine iniquity and cleanse me from my sin, for I acknowledge my transgression, and my sin is ever before me. Against Thee, Thee only have I sinned and done this evil in Thy sight, that Thou mightest be justified when Thou speakest and prevail when Thou art judged. Behold, I was brought forth in iniquities and in sin did my mother bear me. But behold, Thou desirest truth in my innermost parts, and in my hidden parts Thou shalt make me to understand wisdom.

Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean; wash me, and I shall be whiter than the snow. Make me to hear joy and gladness, that the bones which Thou hast broken may rejoice. Turn Thy face from my sin and put out all mine iniquities far from me. Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from Thy presence, and take not Thy Holy Spirit from me. Restore unto me the joy of Thy salvation, and uphold me with Thy steadfast Spirit. Then shall I teach transgressors Thy ways, and sinners shall be converted unto Thee. Deliver me from blood-guiltiness, O God, the God of my salvation, and my tongue shall sing aloud of Thy righteousness. Open my lips, and my mouth shall show forth Thy praise.

For shouldest Thou desire sacrifice, I would give it Thee; but Thou delightest not in burnt offering. The sacrifice of God is a broken spirit, a broken and contrite heart -- these, O God, shalt Thou not despise.

Do good in Thy good pleasure to Sion; buildest Thou up the walls of Jerusalem. Then shalt Thou be pleased with the sacrifice of righteousness, with oblation and whole-burnt offerings. Then shall they offer young bullocks upon Thine altar.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
courtesy of Reader Christopher

Click on the following three websites:

The Sacrament of Confession

Guidence to the Repentant

Brief Confession (note the list and contemplate how they apply to your life)

Questions for penitents according to the Ten Commandments

The First Commandment

Do you constantly have the thought of God in mind and the fear of God in your heart?
Is your faith in God shaken by scepticism or doubt?
Do you question the holy tenets of the Orthodox Faith?
Do you ask God to strengthen your faith?
Do you despair of God’s mercy?
Do you pray to God every day, morning and night? Is your prayer zealous?
Do you always attend divine services whenever possible? Do you miss them without good reason?
Do you prefer religious books and in fact do you read them?
Have you read atheistic and heretical books out of sinful curiosity?
When the Church requests it, do you willingly make donations to charitable causes and to the Church?
Have you consulted fortune-tellers? Have you taken part in seances?
Have you forgotten about the most important thing in life, i.e. preparation for eternity and your answer to God if you have given yourself up to vanity, sloth, pleasure and carelessness?

Second Commandment

Does God take first place with you? Perhaps God does not take first place, but something else, for example, the accumulation of money, the acquisition of property, amusement and entertainment, food and drink, clothes, self-adornment, the urge to devote attention to yourself, to play the leading part, to receive praise, to spend your time in distractions, in reading frivolous books, etc?
Are you distracted from God by a passion for television, movies, the theater, card-games?
Perhaps because of worrying about yourself or your family you forget about God and fail to please Him and do not carry out what is required of you by the Church?
If so, that means you are serving an idol and that it, not God, has first place with you. Perhaps art, sport or study take first place with you? Perhaps some passion (love of money, gluttony, carnal love) has taken possession of your heart? Have you made an idol of yourself out of pride or egotism? Examine yourself.

Third Commandment

Do you use foul language in ordinary everyday conversation? Have you been thoughtless and irreverent with the name of God or, what is worse, have you treated something holy as a joke? Or, God forbid, in a fit of bitterness or anger or despair have you given way to impudent grumbling at God or even reviling Him?
Have you sworn an oath and then broken it?
Have you given in to despondency?
Do you pray absent-mindedly or inattentively?

Fourth Commandment

Do you violate the sanctity of Sundays and great feast-days which have been fixed by the Church by working for gain or profit?
Instead of attending divine services on feast-days, do you spend time entertaining yourself, e.g. at a ball or the theater, movies or some gathering where there is no mention of God?
Have you yourself arranged such entertainments and gatherings and thus distracted people from attendance at church?
Do you conscientiously attend divine services? Do you come to church late, at the middle or end of the service? Do you leave it early? Do you attend church on Sundays and feast-days?
Do you help the poor and those in need?
Do you violate the fasts?
Have you been drunk or used drugs?

Fifth Commandment

Have there been times when you were disrespectful towards your parents, or inattentive to their advice and concern? Have you taken care of them in their illnesses and old age?
If your parents have died, do you often pray in church or at home for the repose of their souls?
Have you been disrespectful towards the pastors of the Church? Have you criticized them? Have you become embittered against them when they reminded you of eternity, of preparation for it, of the salvation of your soul, of sins; or when they call on you to be obedient to the Church and her rules?
Have you insulted someone older than you?

Sixth Commandment

You have not physically killed anyone in the literal sense, but perhaps you were the cause of someone’s death indirectly: you could have helped someone poor or sick but did not; you did not feed the hungry, give drink to the thirsty, take in a stranger, clothe the naked, visit the sick and those in jail (Matt. 25: 34-46)?
Have you committed spiritual murder, i.e. have you led someone astray from the proper path; have you been enticed by heresy or schism; have you tempted someone to sin?
Have you killed someone spiritually by a display of malice and hatred?
Do you forgive those who offend you?
Do you bear malice and resentment in your heart for long?
Do you blame yourself in everything or only in some things?
Have you had recourse to unlawful operations (abortions), which is also killing, a sin of both husband and wife?

Seventh Commandment

Have you lived with someone of the opposite sex in a carnal relationship without having had a church marriage?
Do you conduct yourself freely and loosely with members of the opposite sex? Have you defiled yourself by giving in to impure and lewd thoughts and desires? Or by reading inappropriate contentographic books or looking at inappropriate contentographic pictures? This includes sinful songs, suggestive dances, dirty jokes, movies, public performances, immodest dress, etc.
Have you committed impure acts by yourself or with others?
Have you had carnal relations with another person?
Have you engaged in unnatural practices (inappropriate behavior with animals, transvestism, sodomy)?

Eighth Commandment

Have you taken someone else’s property in a direct or indirect way? — by fraud, diverse cunning, conspiracy?
Perhaps you have not done what you were obliged to do in return for the recompense you received?
Have you excessively yearned for material goods without wishing to share them with others who need them?
Has miserliness taken possession of your soul?
Have you accepted stolen goods?
Have you disposed of others’ goods when they were entrusted to you?

Ninth Commandment

Have you slandered your neighbor? Have you criticized others, spoken scandal or abused them for what you imagine are their sins and vices?
Do you like to hear bad rumours about someone and then readily spread them, being allured by gossip and idle chatter?
Do you tell lies? Do you always try to be truthful?

Tenth Commandment
Do you envy others? Envy always leads to malice and hatred and is capable of leading you to commit reckless acts, even killing.

Upvote 0

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Mary, Most Holy Theotokos, save us

This is a quote of a prayer from the Great Compline Service on Tuesday, the first week of Great Lent.

It has so much theology in it, I wanted to share it with you all.

"O Lady, Bride of God, spotless, blameless, pure and immaculate Virgin, thou who without corruption, by thy glorious birth-giving, hast united God the Word to man and joined the fallen nature of our race to heavenly things; who alone art the hope of the hopeless, the help of those who do battle; the ready help of those who flee unto thee and the refuge of all Christians; despise me not, an accursed sinner, though I have rendered myself unworthy by my shameful thoughts, words, and deeds, and through indolence have become a slave to the pleasures of life; but as the Mother of God Who lovest mankind, mercifully have compassion upon me, a sinner and a prodigal, and receive my prayer, though it be offered unto thee by unworthy lips; and using thy boldness as a mother, importune thy Son, our Lord and Master, that He may open to me also the tender compassions of His goodness, so as to overlook my numberless transgressions and turn me to repentance and show me forth as a zealous doer of His commandments. And because thou art merciful, compassionate, and benevolent, be thou ever near me in this present life as an ardent help and protection, defending me from the assaults of adversaries, and leading me to salvation. And at the time of my departure from this life, care for my miserable soul and drive far from it the dark visions of evil demons; and in the fearful day of judgment, deliver me from eternal punishment, and present me as an inheritor of the ineffable glory of thy Son, our God. May this be my lot, O Lady, most holy Theotokos, through thy mediation and help, through the grace and love toward mankind of thine only-begotten Son, our Lord and God and Savior Jesus Christ, to Whom are due all glory, honor and worship, with His unoriginate Father and His all-holy and good and life-giving Spirit, now and ever, and unto ages of ages. Amen."

courtesy of Dismas

Reactions: Suzannah
Upvote 0

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Ave Maria in Greek

Θεοτόκε Παρθένε, χαίρε κεχαριτωμένη Μαρία, ο Κύριος μετά σου, εύλογημενη Σύ εν γυναιξί, και εύλογημένος ο καρπός της κοιλίας Σου, οτι Σωτήρα έτελεσ, των ψυχών ημών.

This is the translation:

Virgin Theotokos, rejoice! O Mary, Full of Grace; the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, for thou hast borne the Savior of our souls.

Upvote 0

Iacobus

Feb 29, 2004
Visit site
✟845.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
With the souls of the righteous dead, give rest, O Savior, to the soul of the servant, N, preserving him unto the life of blessedness which is with thee, O thou who lovest mankind.

In the place of thy rest, O Lord, where all thy Saints repose, give rest also to the soul of thy servant, N, for thou alone lovest mankind.

Glory be to the Father....

Thou art the God who descended into hell and loosed the bonds of the captives. Do thou give rest also to the soul of thy servant N.

Both now and ever....

O Virgin, alone pure and undefiled, who without seed did bring forth God, pray thou that his soul may be saved.

With the Saints give rest, O Christ, to the soul of thy servant, N, where there is neither sickness, nor sorrow, nor sighing, but life everlasting.

From "A Manual of Eastern Orthodox Prayers". Substitute her/handmaiden for a woman.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

cassc

Veteran- I am an Orthodox Christian
Jan 24, 2007
New England
✟16,923.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
For the students among us and the life long learners:

Prayer for a Student
Christ my Lord, the Giver of light and wisdom,
who opened the eyes of blind man
and transformed the fishermen into wise
heralds and teachers of the gospel
through the coming of the Holy Spirit,
shine also in my mind the light of the grace of the
Holy Spirit. Grant me discernment,
understanding and wisdom in learning.
Enable me to complete my assignments and to abound in
every good work, for to You I give honor and glory.
Amen.

Upvote 0

cassc

Veteran- I am an Orthodox Christian
Jan 24, 2007
New England
✟16,923.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
A Prayer for Before Any Task:

Lord Jesus Christ, our God, You have said, “Apart from me You can do nothing.”
In faith we embrace Your words, Lord, and we entreat Your goodness.
Help us to carry out this work and bring it to completion.
Lord, enlighten our minds and strengthen our bodies, that we may accomplish our task according to Your will.
Guide our to bring about works of goodness to Your service and glory. Amen.

A Prayer for After Any Task

Thank You, Lord, for Your strength and guidance in our work.
You are the fulfillment of all good things.
Fill also our soul with joy and gladness, that we may praise You always. Amen.

http://www.transchurch.org/sguide/prayerbook.asp#top

Upvote 0

HandmaidenOfGod

Christ is Risen! Indeed He is Risen!
Sep 11, 2004
✟15,769.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Pre-Communion Prayer
of St. Symeon the New Theologian

From sullied lips,