Orthodox Church of America reaffirms the Church teaching on same-sex relationships

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟745,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Sounds like playing with fire. At least when they are novices they should be separated until mature enough to withstand the temptation, and even then it’s difficult.

I was thinking mainly of adults or those near adulthood. While I know children have become highly sexualized, my general thinking often slips back to social norms a generation or more ago. So, I understand your point in our current reality.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟235,223.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
While this may sound naïve, I wonder if an alternative of a lifestyle of sibling love could be offered ( with some depth of explanation) to homosexuals? It would probably not achieve much but if a few people could be reached, it could still help. With this monkey pox problem setting in, a celibate, sibling lifestyle may probably be a matter of survival. Of course, it is more important for there to be revival.
I think that would be too much temptation, personally, especially if they are attracted to each other (this also applies to lesbians). Just...not a good idea. IMHO.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟235,223.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
While this may sound naïve, I wonder if an alternative of a lifestyle of sibling love could be offered ( with some depth of explanation) to homosexuals? It would probably not achieve much but if a few people could be reached, it could still help. With this monkey pox problem setting in, a celibate, sibling lifestyle may probably be a matter of survival. Of course, it is more important for there to be revival.
I think that would be too much temptation, personally, especially if they are attracted to each other (this also applies to lesbians). Just...not a good idea. IMHO.

Upvote 0

Justin-H.S.

May 8, 2020
The Shire
✟115,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I was thinking mainly of adults or those near adulthood. While I know children have become highly sexualized, my general thinking often slips back to social norms a generation or more ago. So, I understand your point in our current reality.

I'm coming from the perspective that many who pass as "adults" today are mentally children, so asking them to be platonic brother roommates may be highly tempting for them until further spiritual maturity is achieved by both.

Upvote 0