Orthodox Church of America reaffirms the Church teaching on same-sex relationships

Justin-H.S.

May 8, 2020
The Shire
✟115,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
“His Beatitude Metropolitan Tikhon, issued a statement.

In it, the hierarchs reaffirm the Church’s unchanging teaching that sexual activity is blessed only within the confines of a marriage of a man and a woman, and thus “call upon all clergy, theologians, teachers, and lay persons within the Orthodox Church in America never to contradict these teachings by preaching or teaching against the Church’s clear moral position.”

OCA Synod issues statement on same-sex relationships and sexual identity

No gay discos here.

Andrewn

CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2019
-
✟681,411.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
294194502_391108813087391_5602751956039114327_n.jpg

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
All you gave to do is ask my wife, a Family Nurse Practitioner, what gay Sodom does to a man’s behind. Lord have mercy. The damage these perverts do is not only vile, it’s permanent, unnatural, and sinister.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,465,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
All you gave to do is ask my wife, a Family Nurse Practitioner, what gay Sodom does to a man’s behind. Lord have mercy. The damage these perverts do is not only vile, it’s permanent, unnatural, and sinister.

I’ll take her word for it

Upvote 0

E.C.

Jan 12, 2007
✟136,558.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
It’s horrific, Father, trust me. Gays are stereotyped as the neat, clean folk. Yeah, sure. Filthiest lifestyle there is.
My old man was a federal agent back in the 90s before "Don't ask, don't tell" was repealed. Time and time again it was the crimes committed by gays/lesbians that were the most vicious and brutal.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My wife sees the actual physical "aftermath" of their sexual encounters, and it's gross. I mean GROSS. Lesions, fistulas, total destruction needing actual surgery to repair it, lesbians with horrible infections and UTI that is off-the-charts. The entire lifestyle is based on anything from drinking urine in orgies (very common now) and having sodomy with 10-20 guys in one "big event." It's stuff that makes Sodom look pretty much like "softcore" inappropriate contentography. They catch so many STD's and other infections. They frequently get e coli and other sick things. It's just horrific.

I always maintain that if the American people were subjected to watching what gays REALLY do on television for two hours chained to their sofas, maybe 1% of the public would condone this stuff. The "Love is Love" teddy bear sweetie pie warm fuzzies we're propagandized with on TV and media, that's just boloney.

My old man was a federal agent back in the 90s before "Don't ask, don't tell" was repealed. Time and time again it was the crimes committed by gays/lesbians that were the most vicious and brutal.

Upvote 0

E.C.

Jan 12, 2007
✟136,558.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
My wife sees the actual physical "aftermath" of their sexual encounters, and it's gross. I mean GROSS. Lesions, fistulas, total destruction needing actual surgery to repair it, lesbians with horrible infections and UTI that is off-the-charts. The entire lifestyle is based on anything from drinking urine in orgies (very common now) and having sodomy with 10-20 guys in one "big event." It's stuff that makes Sodom look pretty much like "softcore" inappropriate contentography. They catch so many STD's and other infections. They frequently get e coli and other sick things. It's just horrific.

I always maintain that if the American people were subjected to watching what gays REALLY do on television for two hours chained to their sofas, maybe 1% of the public would condone this stuff. The "Love is Love" teddy bear sweetie pie warm fuzzies we're propagandized with on TV and media, that's just boloney.
I concur wholeheartedly. Even in the military homosexual rape is rising; whether that's homosexual on homosexual or homosexual on heterosexual.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟242,481.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
prayers for my brother please....he's still trapped in that lifestyle despite all the harm it has done to him- and it's beyond heartbreaking :'( Christ, have mercy

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟242,481.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican

Christ have mercy! Lord have mercy!

Grateful I am not in the medical field. I do not think I can stomach it.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,465,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
prayers for my brother please....he's still trapped in that lifestyle despite all the harm it has done to him- and it's beyond heartbreaking :'( Christ, have mercy

Lord have mercy!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟754,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
While this may sound naïve, I wonder if an alternative of a lifestyle of sibling love could be offered ( with some depth of explanation) to homosexuals? It would probably not achieve much but if a few people could be reached, it could still help. With this monkey pox problem setting in, a celibate, sibling lifestyle may probably be a matter of survival. Of course, it is more important for there to be revival.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,465,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
While this may sound naïve, I wonder if an alternative of a lifestyle of sibling love could be offered ( with some depth of explanation) to homosexuals? It would probably not achieve much but if a few people could be reached, it could still help. With this monkey pox problem setting in, a celibate, sibling lifestyle may probably be a matter of survival. Of course, it is more important for there to be revival.

maybe, if they both use the relationship to control their passions, and not as an excuse to embrace them.

Upvote 0

Justin-H.S.

May 8, 2020
The Shire
✟115,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

Sounds like playing with fire. At least when they are novices they should be separated until mature enough to withstand the temptation, and even then it’s difficult.

Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟754,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Sounds like playing with fire. At least when they are novices they should be separated until mature enough to withstand the temptation, and even then it’s difficult.

I was thinking mainly of adults or those near adulthood. While I know children have become highly sexualized, my general thinking often slips back to social norms a generation or more ago. So, I understand your point in our current reality.

Upvote 0