Crete
✟15,480.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
There isa book by the elder Paisios called "Οικογενειακη Ζωη" (Family Life) but I do not know if it has been translated in English. I found it extremely helpful (it was recommended by my SF as the required reading before my marriage), although I imagine that at some points there are some stuff which make more sense to Greeks (little cultural differences etc).

It's part of a series (it's vol 4 in Greek) that I *think* I have seen somewhere in english but I can't be sure. The format is that someone (a nun usually as he was the SF of the monastery that published these books) askes the elder a question and he gives replies. The books are divided in categories, vol 4 being like I said, about family life. Hopefully, it has been translated or it will get translated. The last book of the series (vol 5) came out this December (Passions and Virtues) and the chapter on pride has been very beneficial...

I fully second the Wounded by Love suggestion by the elder Porphyrios. It is only one chapter in the book that is specifically about children but it is great and the whole book is simply amazing. It all relates anyway...

Don't have any other suggestions at the moment, you already know St. John Chrysostom and that's as far as I know!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.