Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No worries, you keep believing that. You realize that Trump has 1% of black vote? That the vast majority of latinos hate him? That the vast majority of women hate him? That the vast majority of educated people hate him. The only demographic that supports Trump is uneducated white voters, everyone else hates him. And what, you think that that all just happened, nothing to do with Trump?

Hate is racists ugly twin.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is not the rise of the religious right that has made someone like Trump possible. It is the complete moral decaying of the ruling class in America, and the disintegration of anything resembling a functional lower white working class that makes Trump possible.
Look up Fishtown, maybe in First Things, for the background behind this idea.

Trump has tapped into the resentments and discontentment of another Identifiable group with their own set of grievances and wants and needs. With the highest rates of suicide in the country, and lack of any semblance of family structure, and hillbilly heroin, and other ways of drinking or drugging oneself to death, drugs and sex and rock and roll and all the fixin's of the Sexual Revolution have come down hard on the lowest classes of society.

Just like the Dems have tapped into similar resentments from the needs of the losers of the ethnic communities and women, Trump, a life-long Democrat, has taken the same course with the losers of the white male lower classes. It is a path to political power that anyone with Democrat sensitives is intimately acquainted with.

Fishtown is a group bereft of religion actually. The hundred foot Jesus' and the lavish lifestyles of the televangelists of another era are as sneered at and rejected by this demographic as they have been by so many of the more educated and more privileged Christians here. Christianity itself has become something of a joke.

The religion of the religious right is as much a joke to the average Trump voter as it is to everybody else in secular society.

But, by their skin tone, and by their sex, this resentful class of young white males does not get a free moral pass by the dominant culture like other victim groups might. These are the people of White, Male, Privilege. They are blamed as being the authors of their own self-destruction.

And of course that is true. Failed marriages, preferring video games to work, drugs and alcohol to the responsibilities of actually taking care of the girls that they impregnate, and of the kids they spawn, they are the authors of their own destruction, just like everybody else in society is.

When has that stopped anyone for blaming their troubles on the Man though?

Trump was able to tap into this group by playing up their resentments, just like Democrats have been doing with their own Identity groups for years now.

As for conservatives outside of this group, they have been as turned off by the Republican party in general, and it is that indifference that has allowed Trump to carry the day.

And, if he is lucky, he might just get 25 % of the vote against one of the most loathsome and incompetent politicians that has ever risen to the level of Democratic presidential nominee.

Losers in White America have not yet risen to the level where they will be able to carry a nominee to the White House. But they have risen to the level where Trump is now the nominee.

It has nothing to do with the Religious Right or the Moral Majority. The social issues of the Religious Right, from marriage to abortion, to inappropriate contentography and your 'Body is a temple not to be defiled by drugs', have been totally routed from mainstream society, in culture, in law, and, when it comes to the lower classes, in practice too. The mores and the sexual license of the Sexual Revolution have not been kind to the people in our societies who have not had the material and intellectual resources in store in order to withstand that kind of assault.

The only place where the values of the Religious Right have triumphed is among middle and upper classes, mainly liberals of privilege, comprised of all races and creeds and colours, who have come out of that Sexual Revolution of their own making, and go on to churches they once scoffed, and raise families the traditional way, and remain faithful to one another, and in general remain unscathed by the sexual license that they have chosen for society.

Ironic, isn't it ;)
Excellent post. I truly enjoy the essays from First Things. If you find the link to the one you mention I would appreciate a ping. Thanks.

I think you nailed it above.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you think facts are bigoted and "red meat"?

You tell me, what other demographic does Trump have?

Women? No. That leaves males.

Minorities? No. That leaves white males.

Educated White Males? No.

So you tell me, what does that leave?

Show me the statistics. There is a poster up a few that nails the American electorate in 2016.

Reactions: Uncle Siggy
Upvote 0

J Cord

Aug 1, 2016
Canada
✟25,780.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Show me the statistics. There is a poster up a few that nails the American electorate in 2016.

Is there any point? If I produce the poll numbers from reputable sources, will you concede that Trump's only demographic is uneducated white males? If so I will, but the last debate we had you refused to accept Michael Steele, chair of the RNC, on a matter of Republican party strategy, so I'm sure you can understand my hesitancy.

Upvote 0

J Cord

Aug 1, 2016
Canada
✟25,780.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Dear Lord, I'm bored with Cord.

Yeah, shoot the messenger. Don't blame Trump, it's not his fault he is the most disliked POTUS candidate in the history of the Union. Its the media! It's the party leadership!

Whatever happened to the "Party of Personal Responsibility"? Trump has turned it into the "Party of the Never Ending Whinge". If Trump had a dollar for every time he whinges and blames someone else, he really would be a billionaire.

Upvote 0

PapaZoom

Nov 3, 2013
car
✟59,306.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Yeah, shoot the messenger. Don't blame Trump, it's not his fault he is the most disliked POTUS candidate in the history of the Union. Its the media! It's the party leadership!

Whatever happened to the "Party of Personal Responsibility"? Trump has turned it into the "Party of the Never Ending Whinge". If Trump had a dollar for every time he whinges and blames someone else, he really would be a billionaire.
My rhyme was better than yours. And I included Jesus in mine which makes me more spiritual too.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Paul of Eugene OR

Finally Old Enough
Site Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I see the issue now. You are Canadian. Nothing wrong about that of course. You just look through a different lens.

The Southern strategy was to twofold actually:

1. an appeal to fiscal responsibility and tax reform
2. an appeal to morals---social conservatism

Had nothing to do with race. The race 'wars' of the Johnson and Nixon Administrations died off along with the Vietnam war. Sometimes we have to 'quit living in the past.'. . . .l.

Racism remains alive and well. People who blind themselves to its reality are partly to blame for it.

Reactions: J Cord
Upvote 0

J Cord

Aug 1, 2016
Canada
✟25,780.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
My rhyme was better than yours. And I included Jesus in mine which makes me more spiritual too.

LOL, True that. But mine was more accurate and funnier. I especially like the part where I pointed out that Trump had turned the "Party of Personal Responsibility" into the "Party of the Perpetual Whinge".

Upvote 0

Uncle Siggy

Promulgator of Annoying Tidbits of Information
Dec 4, 2015
Ohio
✟61,528.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
That the vast majority of latinos hate him?

Since about 70% of Hispanics that went thru the immigration system the right way to get their citizenship want the illegals sent home your statement is very hard to believe, but for some illogical reason you do...

Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is there any point? If I produce the poll numbers from reputable sources, will you concede that Trump's only demographic is uneducated white males? If so I will, but the last debate we had you refused to accept Michael Steele, chair of the RNC, on a matter of Republican party strategy, so I'm sure you can understand my hesitancy.
So you have nothing to back up your assertion. Nothing new.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Er, nice non-sequitur? Or just trying to create a strawman?
Not at all. You projected a powerful emotion---hate---to people you truly do not know.

This is why I opined on demagoguery. It is a way to group and beat down people in a made up narrative.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Whatever happened to the "Party of Personal Responsibility"?

Good point. Because we know the Democratic party is not even close. Case in point, which you omit in any of your statements, Hillary Clinton. Grossly negligent with our nation's highest secrets (TS/SCI +), and then lies about it to both the FBI and Congress.

Upvote 0

J Cord

Aug 1, 2016
Canada
✟25,780.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
So you have nothing to back up your assertion. Nothing new.
Red, you refused to accept Michael Steele's word on the subject of Republican Party strategy, and you wonder why I'm hesitant?

You do realize it is untruthful to imply I don't back up my assertion with facts when I have done that numerous times. You specifically asked me to show you where I have provided evidence, and I took the time to find the posts and tell you. Seriously, why would you imply something you know is untruthful? Not cool.

In real life, I always believe in giving people a second chance, so I suppose I should do the same here.

From the guardian, and this is from June 2016, when Trump's numbers were better, so the situation is even worse for Trump today, but here we go:

% difference favouring Clinton:

Non-White Male: 38% favour Clinton
Non-White Female: 56% favour Clinton

So non-whites favour Clinton. That leaves whites.

Females: 19% favour Clinton
White Females: 2% favour Clinto

So females favour Clinton. That leaves males

White College Graduates: 8% favour Clinton

So that leaves Trump's base and only demographic: uneducated white males

Read about it in this article: Trump's Base, White Males Without College Degrees Often Don't Vote

Or here: How Trump is badly losing the White College Educated Vote
This article is from August 12, and Clinton's lead as jumped to 11 percent. I don't think it's a surprise that these people tend to be more capable of seeing through No surprise, these people can see through Trump's lies.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Racism remains alive and well. People who blind themselves to its reality are partly to blame for it.

That's true. As is those who evoke racism against people with opposing views. Actually that is the definition of bigotry.

Upvote 0