Promulgator of Annoying Tidbits of Information
Dec 4, 2015
Ohio
✟61,528.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
So, it is really about Trump and not the religious right?

Isn't everything about smearing Trump nowadays? Way too many people seem to be scared that he will take their sacred cash cow away from them...

Reactions: civilwarbuff
Upvote 0

Uncle Siggy

Promulgator of Annoying Tidbits of Information
Dec 4, 2015
Ohio
✟61,528.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I will try really hard...:scratch::scratch::scratch::scratch::scratch:

I wouldn't worry about it if I was you it's just one example of the self proclaimed critical thinking you're up against here... And it never ceases to amuse me... :ebil:

Reactions: civilwarbuff
Upvote 0

J Cord

Aug 1, 2016
Canada
✟25,780.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I would have to disagree. As I disagree with some colleagues who believe 'baby killers only vote for Democrats.'

So you don't think Donald courting racists has led to the racists backing Trump. Interesting. And then you try to deflect with a non-sequitur. Can't say I blame you, it's your best defense.

It is actually a futile pursuit of yours to think you can get inside the heads of people and know what they think "they are racists" and how they truly vote. Maybe you have a "thought police" in Canada but we don't here.

OK, so you don't know about the KKK. Again, I'm really surprised at how little some Americans know about their own history. You can read about them here. As you can see, I don't need any "thought police".

As for Trump courting racists, that is obvious, he is using the Southern Strategy, exactly what Michael Steele apologized for, and once again, no need for "thought police", I just need the ability to read and listen.

If you've forgotten what the Southern Strategy is, you can go back a few posts, I linked to it for you. I remember you posted some weird explanation that it was about taxes or something. Michael Steele, chair of the RNC disagrees with you, and obviously we are going with his explanation, so go back, read about it again, and then we can talk some more.

Upvote 0

J Cord

Aug 1, 2016
Canada
✟25,780.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
You have to remember if one person on the right is racist that means all people on the right are racist, and if all but one on the Left is racist that means none of them are racist, get it???

Wow, if you're trying to imply I suggested that, you are way off base. Better go back and reread.

Trump's only demographic is uneducated white males, and part of that demographic is racist. That is why Trump throws out the racist "red meat" (as it's called) to his base, like ban muslims, take their (Iraq) oil, attacks a Muslim Gold Star family, Mexicans coming to the USA are rapists and murders, that is what Mexico is sending. If none of Trump's base was racist, then he wouldn't bother throwing out the racist comments, because they wouldn't work. Using racism and making racist comments is one of the reasons some Top Republicans aren't supporting him.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟606,326.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Limited knowledge of American History; just keeps going in circles and repeating the same erroneous ideas. Limited ability to accept and absorb new information....rhl, I would quit wasting my time if I were you.....

Reactions: Uncle Siggy
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So you don't think Donald courting racists has led to the racists backing Trump. Interesting. And then you try to deflect with a non-sequitur. Can't say I blame you, it's your best defense.

Do you think Hillary courting cop killers has led cop killers backing her?

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

OK, so you don't know about the KKK. Again, I'm really surprised at how little some Americans know about their own history. You can read about them here. As you can see, I don't need any "thought police".

As for Trump courting racists, that is obvious, he is using the Southern Strategy, exactly what Michael Steele apologized for, and once again, no need for "thought police", I just need the ability to read and listen.

If you've forgotten what the Southern Strategy is, you can go back a few posts, I linked to it for you. I remember you posted some weird explanation that it was about taxes or something. Michael Steele, chair of the RNC disagrees with you, and obviously we are going with his explanation, so go back, read about it again, and then we can talk some more.
You have amazing talent for mind reading and stating things I did not say.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wow, if you're trying to imply I suggested that, you are way off base. Better go back and reread.

Trump's only demographic is uneducated white males, and part of that demographic is racist. That is why Trump throws out the racist "red meat" (as it's called) to his base, like ban muslims, take their (Iraq) oil, attacks a Muslim Gold Star family, Mexicans coming to the USA are rapists and murders, that is what Mexico is sending. If none of Trump's base was racist, then he wouldn't bother throwing out the racist comments, because they wouldn't work. Using racism and making racist comments is one of the reasons some Top Republicans aren't supporting him.
Talk about racist red meat. Lol did you really just state Trump's only demographic is uneducated white males? Wow who's the bigot now.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trump throws out the racist "red meat" (as it's called) to his base, like ban muslims, take their (Iraq) oil, attacks a Muslim Gold Star family, Mexicans coming to the USA are rapists and murders, that is what Mexico is sending. If none of Trump's base was racist, then he wouldn't bother throwing out the racist comments, because they wouldn't work. Using racism and making racist comments is one of the reasons some Top Republicans aren't supporting him.

Back to those "top Republicans" again. They were the ones who are responsible for creating the mess in the ME and the refugee crisis. They were also the experts who looked the other way not enforcing our immigration laws.

I have to say it has been quite some time since I saw such bumper sticker demagoguery on CF.

Can't blame you. This is the generation of Twitter and 140 or so characters.

Hillary lied and people died.

Upvote 0

J Cord

Aug 1, 2016
Canada
✟25,780.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
All this talk about racists backing Trump makes me curious as to how many back Hillary???

Isn't Hillary trying to get an endorsement from BLM???
No worries, you keep believing that. You realize that Trump has 1% of black vote? That the vast majority of latinos hate him? That the vast majority of women hate him? That the vast majority of educated people hate him. The only demographic that supports Trump is uneducated white voters, everyone else hates him. And what, you think that that all just happened, nothing to do with Trump?

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟147,506.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
To be fair, though, some of us reading and attempting to learn from threads like these are neither so mature in age, nor American. I'm interested in some of this history because of the way it has influenced my own country and intellectual and social trends globally.

As for Trump? Honestly, from this far away, I can't see what the appeal is at all. What is he offering that is a positive contribution?

It is not the rise of the religious right that has made someone like Trump possible. It is the complete moral decaying of the ruling class in America, and the disintegration of anything resembling a functional lower white working class that makes Trump possible.
Look up Fishtown, maybe in First Things, for the background behind this idea.

Trump has tapped into the resentments and discontentment of another Identifiable group with their own set of grievances and wants and needs. With the highest rates of suicide in the country, and lack of any semblance of family structure, and hillbilly heroin, and other ways of drinking or drugging oneself to death, drugs and sex and rock and roll and all the fixin's of the Sexual Revolution have come down hard on the lowest classes of society.

Just like the Dems have tapped into similar resentments from the needs of the losers of the ethnic communities and women, Trump, a life-long Democrat, has taken the same course with the losers of the white male lower classes. It is a path to political power that anyone with Democrat sensitives is intimately acquainted with.

Fishtown is a group bereft of religion actually. The hundred foot Jesus' and the lavish lifestyles of the televangelists of another era are as sneered at and rejected by this demographic as they have been by so many of the more educated and more privileged Christians here. Christianity itself has become something of a joke.

The religion of the religious right is as much a joke to the average Trump voter as it is to everybody else in secular society.

But, by their skin tone, and by their sex, this resentful class of young white males does not get a free moral pass by the dominant culture like other victim groups might. These are the people of White, Male, Privilege. They are blamed as being the authors of their own self-destruction.

And of course that is true. Failed marriages, preferring video games to work, drugs and alcohol to the responsibilities of actually taking care of the girls that they impregnate, and of the kids they spawn, they are the authors of their own destruction, just like everybody else in society is.

When has that stopped anyone for blaming their troubles on the Man though?

Trump was able to tap into this group by playing up their resentments, just like Democrats have been doing with their own Identity groups for years now.

As for conservatives outside of this group, they have been as turned off by the Republican party in general, and it is that indifference that has allowed Trump to carry the day.

And, if he is lucky, he might just get 25 % of the vote against one of the most loathsome and incompetent politicians that has ever risen to the level of Democratic presidential nominee.

Losers in White America have not yet risen to the level where they will be able to carry a nominee to the White House. But they have risen to the level where Trump is now the nominee.

It has nothing to do with the Religious Right or the Moral Majority. The social issues of the Religious Right, from marriage to abortion, to inappropriate contentography and your 'Body is a temple not to be defiled by drugs', have been totally routed from mainstream society, in culture, in law, and, when it comes to the lower classes, in practice too. The mores and the sexual license of the Sexual Revolution have not been kind to the people in our societies who have not had the material and intellectual resources in store in order to withstand that kind of assault.

The only place where the values of the Religious Right have triumphed is among middle and upper classes, mainly liberals of privilege, comprised of all races and creeds and colours, who have come out of that Sexual Revolution of their own making, and go on to churches they once scoffed, and raise families the traditional way, and remain faithful to one another, and in general remain unscathed by the sexual license that they have chosen for society.

Ironic, isn't it ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

J Cord

Aug 1, 2016
Canada
✟25,780.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Talk about racist red meat. Lol did you really just state Trump's only demographic is uneducated white males? Wow who's the bigot now.

Do you think facts are bigoted and "red meat"?

You tell me, what other demographic does Trump have?

Women? No. That leaves males.

Minorities? No. That leaves white males.

Educated White Males? No.

So you tell me, what does that leave?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

J Cord

Aug 1, 2016
Canada
✟25,780.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I have to say it has been quite some time since I saw such bumper sticker demagoguery on CF.

Apparently you don't read your own posts. That would explain quite a bit.

Can't blame you. This is the generation of Twitter and 140 or so characters.

Luckily I grew up long before twitter, that's why I destroyed your points, and clearly demonstrated that you had no idea what the Southern Strategy is. Of course you claim to know better than Lee Atwater, a Republican strategist who implemented it, and Michael Steele, chair of the RNC, both of whom agree with me. Nothing I can do about that.

Better luck next time.

Upvote 0