Toronto
✟31,520.00
Faith
Protestant
Politics
CA-NDP
tetrasonicwave said:
Hello! :wave:

I will post this exerpt from my hopefully-soon-to-be-published work entitled, "Greetings Cydonian Hunters"! This section is about what I percieve as a theoretically possible genesis event, utilizing the very core, geometric, aetheric power structures (medium), of the procreative, hyperdimensional energy source (origin), emanating from Almighty God Himself, through the vast, civilizational angelic hosts, in a multi dimensional living celestial organism I have coined-termed as... "Celestial Energetics". Enjoy!

I did enjoy it. Have you read the creation story of Silmarillion? This is a neat variation on it. I am wondering if that was intentional or if this is a sample of "great minds think alike".

Is the book going to be a work of fantasy a la Tolkien? I like fantasy fiction.

Upvote 0

Crusadar

Criado de Cristo
Mar 28, 2003
MN
Visit site
✟15,685.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
tetrasonicwave said: I believe the universe could very well have been created in a manner such as this. Jesus is Lord!

Its just too bad scripture doesn't support this outragious extrapolation of creation - but I did enjoy your play with such colorful words.

Upvote 0

rmwilliamsll

avid reader
Mar 19, 2004
✟7,946.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Green
tetrasonicwave said:
Who is "Tolkien"? I've heard a few others say the very same thing about my writings. In all honesty, I have never heard of him. At any rate, be blessed in Jesus!

tetra

JRR Tolkien was part of the Inklings

The Inklings were a gathering of friends -- all of them British, male, and Christian, most of them teachers at or otherwise affiliated with Oxford University, many of them creative writers and lovers of imaginative literature -- who met usually on Thursday evenings in C.S. Lewis's and J.R.R. Tolkien's college rooms in Oxford during the 1930s and 1940s for readings and criticism of their own work, and for general conversation. "Properly speaking," wrote W.H. Lewis, one of their number, the Inklings "was neither a club nor a literary society, though it partook of the nature of both. There were no rules, officers, agendas, or formal elections." An overlapping group gathered on Tuesday (later Monday) mornings in various Oxford pubs, usually but not always the Eagle and Child, better known as the Bird and Baby, between the 1940s and 1963. These were not strictly Inklings meetings, and contrary to popular legend the Inklings did not read their manuscripts in the pub.

because of the current popularity of their movies LOTR and Narnia, more attention is being directed at Tolkien, Lewis
although i wish more was on Sayers as well.....

Upvote 0

gluadys

Legend
Mar 2, 2004
Toronto
✟31,520.00
Faith
Protestant
Politics
CA-NDP
tetrasonicwave said:
WOW!
...big fan of Lewis!
WOW!

tetra... lol

If you like Lewis you will love Tolkien. But read Lord of the Rings before you attempt the Silmarrilien. (Even better, start with The Hobbit). If you try the Silmarrilien first you'll wonder what the fuss is about.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Willtor

Not just any Willtor... The Mighty Willtor
Apr 23, 2005
Cambridge
Visit site
✟32,287.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I couldn't get into LotR. I read "Fellowship" and I got through the first couple chapters of "Two Towers," but I couldn't go any further. I thought Tolkien was extremely clever and well thought out, but the story just didn't draw me in.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.