USA
✟19,360.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Even though there's no way to prove it for the sake of speculation I often wonder in space where could Heaven be located at I thought several ideas the first one
that comes in me is that can be at the center of the universe that would be the most logical one but for some odd reason it doesn't seem right to me
The second one and the one I believe in the most that it can be at the center of the Galaxy and that God himself could be a Galaxy the Milky Way but that would mean something else that they would be more than one of them that's just mind-boggling if you think about it
or God could be the universe itself when I first came up with the idea for this I was hesitant to post it because it seem just out there in that left field
But have you ever thought about where God could be in the mix of the universe and if so what are your thoughts on my ideas or do you have any of your own?

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Even though there's no way to prove it for the sake of speculation I often wonder in space where could Heaven be located at I thought several ideas the first one
that comes in me is that can be at the center of the universe that would be the most logical one but for some odd reason it doesn't seem right to me
The second one and the one I believe in the most that it can be at the center of the Galaxy and that God himself could be a Galaxy the Milky Way but that would mean something else that they would be more than one of them that's just mind-boggling if you think about it
or God could be the universe itself when I first came up with the idea for this I was hesitant to post it because it seem just out there in that left field
But have you ever thought about where God could be in the mix of the universe and if so what are your thoughts on my ideas or do you have any of your own?
Great thought. The bible says "God lives in unapproachable light". So maybe the Lord lives in brightest part of the cosmos. Peace in Christ :).

Upvote 0

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

Hi
It's the heavenly realms above. I think it is three levels? Bit hazy but there is some information in the Bible on this. Interesting question actually. We are told to keep our minds on things above.

What is so wonderful is that I don't need proof, I love the peace of just knowing that God is here. But it's interesting to conjecture about the exact location of heaven.

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
https://img00.deviantart.net/b8de/i/2016/017/e/1/galaxy_in_my_hands_by_kurotan_artsy-d9o92fg.jpg
I have a idea of (as in the picture above) he holds the universe (yes, the whole thing) in His hands. That how small we are. I remember the sunday school song about "Hes got the whole world, in His hands..."

Personally outside of that idea I think its not a super complex thing to image where He exists/how He exists. We know there are things like time and space that are dimensions. The theory is there are currently 10 dimensions. So I picture God existing in a dimension beyond time, space and all the other dimensions. He is everywhere at once. Hes at the edge of the universe, Hes on earth, Hes sitting inside of your body. I don't mean everywhere as in there are many of Him (obviously), but that Hes literally everywhere at once because Hes big. The same part of Him that is inside my body is also at the edge of the universe. Silly I know but its how I imagine it. Because it does say He sees us, He hears us...etc. So He must be big.

Or alternatively the concept of where He exists is just beyond our understanding of how it works. Like I tell people, some people have IQs of almost like 175 and they don't even have the capability of understanding this subject because if God has an IQ it would be like 9,999,999,999,999,999,999,999.

Upvote 0

Monna

Feb 5, 2017
Oicha Beni
✟105,254.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
As a believer in Christ (you say you are a Christian) you know for sure that God dwells in your heart, walks with you daily, and can be seen in many other people ... if you look closely. :)

The heavens declare the glory of God, the skies display His handiwork. His mark is visible all over the place, but he exists quite independent of it all. He established the fundamental principles on which everything works, and he maintains it by his power.

And he loves you. So you know he is close.

Reactions: LionL
Upvote 0

Monna

Feb 5, 2017
Oicha Beni
✟105,254.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
But it's interesting to conjecture about the exact location of heaven.

Or maybe we've got it backwards. It wouldn't be the first time. Heaven is where God is. And if God is everywhere, then so is heaven. (Even this logic has its problems though.;)).

Reactions: AfterThought
Upvote 0

AfterThought

Thirst 2 Given & Know
Apr 11, 2016
USA
✟19,360.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
https://img00.deviantart.net/b8de/i/2016/017/e/1/galaxy_in_my_hands_by_kurotan_artsy-d9o92fg.jpg
I have a idea of (as in the picture above) he holds the universe (yes, the whole thing) in His hands. That how small we are. I remember the sunday school song about "Hes got the whole world, in His hands..."

Personally outside of that idea I think its not a super complex thing to image where He exists/how He exists. We know there are things like time and space that are dimensions. The theory is there are currently 10 dimensions. So I picture God existing in a dimension beyond time, space and all the other dimensions. He is everywhere at once. Hes at the edge of the universe, Hes on earth, Hes sitting inside of your body. I don't mean everywhere as in there are many of Him (obviously), but that Hes literally everywhere at once because Hes big. The same part of Him that is inside my body is also at the edge of the universe. Silly I know but its how I imagine it. Because it does say He sees us, He hears us...etc. So He must be big.

Or alternatively the concept of where He exists is just beyond our understanding of how it works. Like I tell people, some people have IQs of almost like 175 and they don't even have the capability of understanding this subject because if God has an IQ it would be like 9,999,999,999,999,999,999,999.
I'm going to go out on a limb here
I agree with God's IQ imagine that if God was linked to say someone like Jesus and that Jesus has an IQ of God only little bit of energy imagine how wise some would be
Also 2000 years as in time would pass by in a blink of an eye since time has very little meaning to God I also speculate

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Even though there's no way to prove it for the sake of speculation I often wonder in space where could Heaven be located at
The bible says that Godcreated every thing.
If that is the case, then time, space, energy and matter are all part of God's creation.
If God created everything it follows that God is not to be physically present inside his own creation.

Where is heaven? It is whjere God is. God exists outside of our universe's rules of time space, energy and matter. It is not physically in creation.

Upvote 0

Monna

Feb 5, 2017
Oicha Beni
✟105,254.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If God created everything it follows that God is not to be physically present inside his own creation.

?????

God is Spirit. As such he is not physically anywhere.

But according to the Psalmist (Ps 139)
"
7 Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.

9 If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;

10 Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.

11 If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me.

12 Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee."

Also as spirit he is everywhere. He is not bound by his creation, he is not part of creation. But he certainly has had and has a presence within creation.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi afterthought,

I've always been of the mind of Frank Peretti. The angelic realm and, I believe God resides in that same realm, is everywhere that our universe is, except it's in a different, and unseen to our eyes, realm. Much as people speak of there being a fourth dimension. At times, God gives some people the ability to see this unseen realm. At some times, by His purpose, he lets the angels be seen by us.

I think one of the greatest examples to show this was given to us on the night of Jesus' birth. Those angels were always there, or at least in the place they were seen before the shepherds were able to actually see them. The account doesn't seem to describe that they 'flew' into their positions or came into their positions. They just instantly appeared to them and so I believe that they were there certainly just before the shepherds saw them, but that for those moments, God either did something with the eyes of the shepherds or removed momentarily that 'covering' (for lack of a better word) of that small section over that unseen realm.

This would also explain why Jesus could see the demons that the people all around couldn't see. They and the angels are all around us all the time, but we can't see them unless God gives us an ability to see them. Remember Balaam's donkey? That angel had been standing there for a while blocking the donkey's path and the donkey saw him, but Balaam didn't. Numbers 22:31 says: Then the Lord opened Balaam’s eyes, and he saw the angel of the Lord standing in the road with his sword drawn. So he bowed low and fell facedown.

It says that the Lord opened Balaam's eyes so he could see the angel that had been standing in front of his donkey for a good little bit as Balaam tried to get the donkey to go forward. How amazing that God can open the eyes of the donkey and the eyes of the man separately.

God bless you,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
?????

God is Spirit. As such he is not physically anywhere.

But according to the Psalmist (Ps 139)
"
7 Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.

9 If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;

10 Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.

11 If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me.

12 Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee."

Also as spirit he is everywhere. He is not bound by his creation, he is not part of creation. But he certainly has had and has a presence within creation.
Greetings monna,
I agree with you 100%.
The poster is suggesting that God has a heaven inside creation.
Which I think you will agree is not correct.

Upvote 0

Monna

Feb 5, 2017
Oicha Beni
✟105,254.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
God has a heaven inside creation

heaven is not so much a physical space, it is more a relational place - being in the presence of God. It's another discussion I guess whether the "kingdom of heaven" and the "kingdom of God" are the same. Matthew uses the one, Luke the other. But Jesus said that the kingdom of heaven was "near" - either in time or place, behaps both, and if we are true believers we are citizens of this kingdom. So in that we represent that kingdom (we are Christ's Ambassadors) the kingdom is in us, the kingdom is us.

In the Lord's prayer we quote "let thy kingdom come, let thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven." That implies to me that the direction of movement is from "there" to earth, and that it comes to the extent we are obedient to His will, here and now. So if we want to be in heaven on earth, we should simply trust and obey. And thereby bring heaven right here and now.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
heaven is not so much a physical space, it is more a relational place - being in the presence of God. It's another discussion I guess whether the "kingdom of heaven" and the "kingdom of God" are the same. Matthew uses the one, Luke the other. But Jesus said that the kingdom of heaven was "near" - either in time or place, behaps both, and if we are true believers we are citizens of this kingdom. So in that we represent that kingdom (we are Christ's Ambassadors) the kingdom is in us, the kingdom is us.

In the Lord's prayer we quote "let thy kingdom come, let thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven." That implies to me that the direction of movement is from "there" to earth, and that it comes to the extent we are obedient to His will, here and now. So if we want to be in heaven on earth, we should simply trust and obey. And thereby bring heaven right here and now.
Monna, read and quote what I say, not what you think I say.

Upvote 0

Monna

Feb 5, 2017
Oicha Beni
✟105,254.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Monna, read and quote what I say, not what you think I say.

Sorry, John - we now have a new misunderstanding.
I was not disagreeing with you - in fact I was not actually quoting you, I was commenting on the phrase that I cited - which I think was not yours originally...? (It is the programme - Christian Forums - that attributed the quote to you, not me; at least not intentionally.)

Perhaps I have misunderstood the phrase "inside creation?"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sorry, John - we now have a new misunderstanding.
I was not disagreeing with you - in fact I was not actually quoting you, I was commenting on the phrase that I quoted - which I think was not yours originally...? (It is the programme - Christian Forums - that attributed the quote to you, not me; at least not intentionally.)

Perhaps I have misunderstood the phrase "inside creation?"
Thats what I thought.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are people that believe that Heaven is a planet like the earth only a lot bigger. The current theory is that we can travel though the Universe through wormholes. Sort of like an optical fiber. People talk about the light in the tunnel. The Star Wars concept of a Warp Speed does not seem to be accepted right now with quantum physics.

Upvote 0

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I sometimes wonder if our physical manifestation of God's presence is gravity.

For me, discussing this stuff is the equivalent of my dog and cat discussing where they think I go every weekday for about ten hours.

They haven't a clue and they never will. It is an exercise in futility.

• Agree
Reactions: pat34lee
Upvote 0

Shempster

ImJustMe
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2014
✟258,881.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Or maybe we've got it backwards. It wouldn't be the first time. Heaven is where God is. And if God is everywhere, then so is heaven. (Even this logic has its problems though.;)).
Unless....
Heaven and hell both exist simultaneously. Maybe they are like radio station signals. They are both out there and everywhere and the issue is which one we tune into. Maybe they are states of being, rather than a future place. Or maybe both.
Remember, Jesus told Peter he now holds the KEYS to heaven and hell. Keys allow one to enter or leave a place going through a door.
Maybe Jesus was telling Peter that he can access heaven or hell any time he wants based on his decision to either follow God's way (heaven) or follow the flesh (hell).
Perhaps we all have the "keys" to heaven and hell and we can go back and forth.
If we sin, we give the enemy access to us and hell follows. If we walk in the spirit, life can be quite heavenly.

I used to avoid over spiritualizing passages in the bible but as I have grown I see that there most certainly IS a spiritual aspect on many things we are taught.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,257,433.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
God is present everywhere, which means he is present nowhere in particular.

On the contrary, Mormons believe God lives on a star named Kolob. But they have a number of unorthodox beliefs, and don't represent traditional Christian theology.

Upvote 0

Monna

Feb 5, 2017
Oicha Beni
✟105,254.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If we walk in the spirit, life can be quite heavenly.

At one level yes. But if you mean "heavenly" in the sense of no pain or suffering, definitely not. Jesus told his followers that they could/should expect persecution, even death. And David often lamented the fact that the unrighteous seemed to prosper so much more than the righteous.

God is present everywhere, which means he is present nowhere in particular.

Or rather, he is here and now, in particular. Since God is not confined to geographical or temporal location it is probably incorrect to think of him as limited to a location anywhere or anywhen "in particular." Indeed he is everywhere and everywhen "in particular."

Upvote 0