• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Organic Eunuch

Angelod

Aug 12, 2016
Cincinnati
✟18,972.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Hey guys I know I haven't been online in a while I'm very inconsistent lol. I`m doing well and staying on my meds, no I haven't done anything illegal. I`m currently still looking for a therapist. I`m struggling with my attraction to transsexual/transgenered women and I`ve decided to make myself into a eunuch. No not that way lol, I`m taking saw palmetto, I will be taking DIM to counter act the estrogen effects of saw palmetto. Has anyone else done this before, made yourself a eunuch for Christ willingly?

MonstersvsMartyrs

Jan 10, 2017
USA
✟16,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Hey there. How are things going for you now?

I have never heard of taking Saw Palmetto to become a eunuch. How does that work? I've read about taking chaste tree berries to reduce sex drive. I even saw them at a health food store and thought about trying it.

I have heard that Origen castrated himself.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Joe 73

Jul 30, 2017
Michigan
✟36,555.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Hey guys I know I haven't been online in a while I'm very inconsistent lol. I`m doing well and staying on my meds, no I haven't done anything illegal. I`m currently still looking for a therapist. I`m struggling with my attraction to transsexual/transgenered women and I`ve decided to make myself into a eunuch. No not that way lol, I`m taking saw palmetto, I will be taking DIM to counter act the estrogen effects of saw palmetto. Has anyone else done this before, made yourself a eunuch for Christ willingly?

I don't know everything about your situation, but I don't think this is a good idea. And catholics, at least, do not interpret Jesus word's on people whove made themselves eunuchs literally. It is a metaphor, They've "made themselves eunechs", by being celibate, not by shutting off their sex drive. We consider physical castration to be wrong, except for justified medical reasons, like stopping cancer or something. I'm not sure about chemical castration, but I'm sure its not a normally acceptable thing to do.
The word is that Origen could have castrated himself, but it might have been a rumor made up by his enemies. and if he did, it still wasn't right.

Again I don't know alot, but perhaps phsycotherapy would help for the fetish. There might be emotional issues behind it, that if dealt with will bring it down. It's not unheard of.
I've dealt with a serious same sex attraction problem, which is like a fetish for the male sex. Most people would call that "gay" anyway.there definately are emotional things in play, and I wouldn't turn off my sex drive to deal with it. The danger here is that the sexual urges can give hints at emotional problems, its better to investigate then to just shut it off. I'm not ruling it out entirely, but that's my two cents.

Last edited:
Upvote 0