Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I find it odd that the same people that say the government is out of control and over stepped their authority in regards to the armed Bundy protest are all for the government rounding up and deporting people because they “might” be terrorists.

When one would do nothing but lock up innocents, and the
other would stop violence, the two are not comparable.

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
So.. might makes right?

No, but it makes us safer when more are involved.
There are still some limits on what the government
is willing to do, though that may not last much longer.
Next standoff, they may use missiles against civilians.

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Waco didn't turn out so well. Neither did Ruby Ridge.
Even empires must bow to political opinion. We are
still on the police state swing of the pendulum.

Ghandi never faced this:

swat.jpg
"rescue vehicle"

What are they rescuing me from? a Trex?

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Waco didn't turn out so well. Neither did Ruby Ridge.
Even empires must bow to political opinion. We are
still on the police state swing of the pendulum.

Ghandi never faced this:

swat.jpg

I wonder if the militarized police in your picture know the militarized police in the picture below.

The militarized police in the picture below were in Standing Rock on Thursday (October 27th) to forcibly remove the Native American water protectors from Sioux tribal land. Tribal lands protected by the Fort Laramie Treaties of 1851 and 1868.

MilitarizedPolice10.27.16.jpg

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is strange how the people in the Bundy Occupation never faced anything like what is shown in this tweet but Native American water protectors have been beaten, pepper sprayed, tased, and had rubber bullets shot at them and dogs sicced on them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
It is strange how the people in the Bundy Occupation never faced anything like what is shown in this tweet but Native American water protectors have been beaten, pepper sprayed, tased, and had rubber bullets shot at them and dogs sicced on them.

That is what happens when the government is able to
marginalize small groups. "They're terrorists, or angry
[whatever group], or extremists", etc. Bundy Ranch was
the first successful large-scale group in recent times that
pushed back against the government thugs and told them,
"We aren't going anywhere. You are."

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is what happens when the government is able to
marginalize small groups. "They're terrorists, or angry
[whatever group], or extremists", etc. Bundy Ranch was
the first successful large-scale group in recent times that
pushed back against the government thugs and told them,
"We aren't going anywhere. You are."

But the people in the Bundy occupation were not met with violence and forcibly removed by militarized police and the National Guard. They were not beaten or maced or pepper sprayed or shot at with rubber bullets or attacked by dogs.

Upvote 0

Trogdor the Burninator

Senior Veteran
Oct 19, 2004
✟230,031.00
Faith
Christian
The way you put it there, it is absolutely not a myth. If the government got too far out of hand, do you really think the people are going to wait around for the gov to decide if the people are justified to take over?

But even supporters of the second amendment don't want that - ask your average NRA member if they'd be happy for BLM to "take over the government".....

Is that something you would take up arms against? Or are you putting those words in my mouth?

Neither - I'm just using them as examples of issues that people might feel justified in taking up arms over.

And to thwart what you say about opinion, if that ever happens, do you actually think the government will ever say the peoples opinion is right in slapping around or full out taking over the government? Of course they wouldn't, but again, at that point, we don't care...we aren't asking their permission and rightfully so. Justice as any cost, especially *if* people are taking lives without justification and to an unacceptable degree.

I'm not talking about the government's opinion - I'm talking about individuals. If person A thinks that the govt is out of control and tries to take over, do person B and person C support their cause? Are they happy to be subservient to person A (since by "taking over" from the govt they now has power over other people)? What if person A and person Cs views are opposed - do they shoot it out until one wins?

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But even supporters of the second amendment don't want that - ask your average NRA member if they'd be happy for BLM to "take over the government".....

No one I know of here said they would be happy about that. All I said is if people are being murdered unjustly, no matter their race, I would help out.

I'm not talking about the government's opinion - I'm talking about individuals. If person A thinks that the govt is out of control and tries to take over, do person B and person C support their cause? Are they happy to be subservient to person A (since by "taking over" from the govt they now has power over other people)? What if person A and person Cs views are opposed - do they shoot it out until one wins?

Me too, the individuals opinion. Would others support them? We'd just have to see, a bit early to be concerned about something that may not be a concern. People will never agree on everything, but I'd say let's not wait as long as we did with Hitler, regardless of who disagrees.

It would take a certain majority to pull it off so, some would have to agree.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums