Ordination of homosexuals?

Are you for the ordination of homosexual persons?

• Yes, I am for the ordination of openly homosexual persons.

• No, I am not for the ordination of openly homosexual persons.

• Other.

• I don't know.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spinningtutu

Jun 5, 2005
✟3,648.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
And back to this thread...

Many (if not most) UCCers do not believe that the Scriptures forbid all homosexuals and all homosexual practices. In other words, the few passages that may speak to it (Romans, Corinthians, etc) are not speaking about all relationships but rather, when understood in the correct context, are speaking to either homosexual rape and/or homosexuality in the context of idolatry. Thus, a faithful, committed and monogamous gay relationship is not condemned in Scripture... so people in such relationships are not sinning (well, not anymore than all of us, ordained or not, sin in day to day life).

Upvote 0

Supernaut

What did they aim for when they missed your heart?
Jun 12, 2009
Sacramento, CA
✟12,439.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well, just that I consider myself to be trans in addition to being a lesbian. I use "trans" as an umbrella term for any/all gender non-conforming/gender distorting... not just in regards to people who have had surgeries. Its okay, I grew up very sheltered myself.

Thanks Paxi. I have a better understanding now of at least one aspect of transgenderism. Very fascinating!

Upvote 0

genestealerbroodlord

Whozawhatnow?
May 12, 2006
Scotland
✟8,480.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
I love God and make every effort to love others. Anyone who follows the first 2 laws could never truely object to Ordination of anyone wishing to serve God and others. It's a contradiction to say otherwise.

I am not without sin, so cannot caste a stone.

Upvote 0

genestealerbroodlord

Whozawhatnow?
May 12, 2006
Scotland
✟8,480.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
And back to this thread...

Many (if not most) UCCers do not believe that the Scriptures forbid all homosexuals and all homosexual practices. In other words, the few passages that may speak to it (Romans, Corinthians, etc) are not speaking about all relationships but rather, when understood in the correct context, are speaking to either homosexual rape and/or homosexuality in the context of idolatry. Thus, a faithful, committed and monogamous gay relationship is not condemned in Scripture... so people in such relationships are not sinning (well, not anymore than all of us, ordained or not, sin in day to day life).
I actually always saw it as a hygene thing. God couldn't explain bacteria to the people back then, so told them it was unclean, same as going to the bathroom men't having to go beyond the city walls and digging a hole. We now have indoor toilets for that, But no one bats an eyelid about that being a sin. There are many ways to deal with bacteria now, that were not available then. Condoms for a start.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.