The Left Coast
✟2,016.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I am not married, but would like to quickly share a male perspective. I am not sure whether it is a sin, per se, but it is probably not something I'd ever request of my wife, not even if she wanted to do it. To me, it just seems demeaning. :)

Nevertheless, what a couple does in their bedroom is between them and God. We must each follow our own convictions. Anyway, I won't post any replies out of respect that this is a marriage topic. Just wanted to offer my thoughts. God bless.

Upvote 0

YahwehLove

Dec 12, 2004
✟2,033.00
Faith
Protestant
Politics
US-Others
ceres said:
I think everyone should lighten up and stay out of other people's married sex lives. Geeeeeeeeeez. What's next, its ungodly to wipe?
:D
AMEN !!

As long as the marriage is biblical, then others just need to keep thier eyes and ears out of it.

The only Nt things I think Ive seen (as far as sex goes) are let the bed be undefiled (no adultery and such) and to come apart for a time by mutual consent to devote yourselves to prayer and fasting.

Reactions: heartnsoul
Upvote 0

searle29678

Wife, Daughter, Sister, and Friend
Dec 14, 2004
South Carolina
✟3,719.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
QuidTempusEst said:
You make so many points I don't even know where to start. First, so men are visual creatures we hear everywhere, but are you saying inappropriate contentography is okay?

And, I didn't say that oral sex makes you lesser! Not at all! I said that I believe for many women it reinforces the ungodly idea that they live to please men.

"What if God put here to please men"? You take it lightly, but I don't. I'm talking about primary reason for living. Nothing wrong with pleasing your spouse, but to say that you live to please your husband primarily, that is wrong and unChristian.

ALSO, I have to tell you I'm really offended by your mention that a skinny woman is a "fake woman". I am naturally thin and I know other women who are naturally thin. I'm not fake, I'm as real as you are, and I don't starve myself or take heroin.

If women are concerned about appearance because the world is.. then where is the line between Christian women and non Christian women?

Goodness no inappropriate contentography is not ok, but the booming business of it to a certain extent proves that men are visual creatures. As far as implying that I said skinny women are fake, I didn't say that at all. I said "skinny, fake, ...." In other words a size that a lot of women can't achieve topped off with airbrushed legs, fake boobs, nose jobs, and collagen injections. I think that's pretty fake. If any woman out there is married her first priority after God should be pleasing her husband in all ways possible, and the same for a husband to a wife. Sexually, spiritually, etc.. Just because a woman is a Christian does not mean she is not affectecd by images and the expectations that the world places on the apperance of women. If you have that good of a self esteem that it doesn't get to you occasionally, then I commend you.

Upvote 0

Katydid

Just a Mom
Jun 23, 2004
Alabama
✟11,023.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You've called me bitter in order to discredit my observations about sexism and now you're telling me I'm "harping". And I thought I was debating. And for the umpteenth time, not all women fall in the same category. I've said it over again - not all women have been as deeply affected by our world's view of women.

I said you seemed bitter, and wondered if that had affected your views. I did not mean for it to be taken as an insulting comment, but one of true concern. I also did chose a bad word when I said "harping", but it does seem to me that the only reason you think it is wrong is because some women may find it degrading. All I am asking is if you think the act in every situation is sinful, or are you just concerned that some women may feel pressured and that if a man used this to pressure his wife, then it would be a sin? I am truly wanting your opinion. You had originally stated that you agreed with Joyce Meyer who stated (according to the first post) that the act itself, regardless of individual circumstances was a sin. I am trying to ask if you truly believe that it is a sin regardless of circumstances, or do you just believe that it could be a sin if a woman does this out of being pressured.

I am sorry you took my question as an insult. There are many things that I feel strongly about due to events in my life. Sometimes I can come across as bitter when it comes to these topics. When someone finds out WHY I feel that way, it usually allows the conversation to progress in a better way, that is why I asked. I did not ask to make you feel like I was insulting you, and I do apologize.

Upvote 0

Melbelle

Deadheadmakeup
Mar 22, 2004
Texas
Visit site
✟53,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
As long as a man and wife that are married to one another they can do anything in the bed room as long as both parties are for, I do not think God looks down upon what a married couple do in the bed room.

Just want to clear something up, Hebrews 13:4 is saying that whatever a married man and woman do is honourable and is fine by God but 2 people who are not married and who sleep around with each other will be judged.

Hebrew 13:4

Marriage [is] honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.

Upvote 0

Redguard

Make It So, Number One!
Oct 20, 2004
Toronto, Canada
Visit site
✟36,460.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Liberals
EmSchmem said:
HAs anyone at all noticed that we're not even dabeting oral sex in marraige but in marragie. Does anyone know what the Bible has to say about marragie.

True.... very true.

Of course, we ALL know that oral sex in marriage is perfectly fine... but we may have been discussing the wrong subject all along.

Maybe the OP was asking about oral sex in Marragie... and Marragie might be a small town in Oklahoma where the act itself is against the law?

lol... okay... I noticed it a long time ago, but I was trying my best not to post in this thread. Personally, I don't think this topic needs to be up for debate.

Upvote 0

childofgod1711

My sins drove the nails into Jesus' hands
Feb 22, 2005
TN
Visit site
✟7,783.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Heb 13:4 Marriage is honorable in all, and the bed undefiled, but fornicators and adulterers God will judge.

leaving the bed undefiled means dont cheat it has nothing to do with oral sex, cuz he says BUT fornicators and adulterers GOD will judge

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums