Visit site
✟3,046.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, you could easily argue what "pure" is but that's besides the point. I think about it this way, God designed sex for a husband and wife, why should we try to find something better than what God has already given? I can't speak from experience, but I think I have pretty clear picture of what God designed marriage to be.

Upvote 0

Ben_Hur

Me at the Races...
Oct 26, 2003
Northwest
✟9,019.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

Heb 13:4
Marriage is honorable in all, and the bed undefiled, but fornicators and adulterers God will judge.

To me, this means that whatever a husband and wife do in their marriage bed is undefilable (as long as they are both consenting).

Reactions: Peculiarone
Upvote 0

Rafael

Only time enough for love
Jul 25, 2002
Midwest
Visit site
✟6,445.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A Brethren IN CHRIST said:
however if she thinks it is a sin according that she doubts about it

then it is a sin

sorry can't remember verse
Romans 14:23 And he that doubteth is ****** if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

Reactions: Peculiarone
Upvote 0

en|gma

Se|2eNiTy
Jan 22, 2003
South Australia
Visit site
✟15,732.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Hmm...I also don't know anything written in the Bible saying oral sex is a sin. And based on previous posts, I would have to agree...anything goes between husband and wife...as long as ur both in the sanctity of marriage.

Although I'm not really comfortable with the idea of oral sex :) But if that's what it takes to satisfy my husband-to-be....why not? ;)

Upvote 0

Human

Aug 14, 2003
Planet Earth
✟15,317.00
Faith
Christian
I would start by reading Joyce a little of the word of God - try "I permit not a woman to teach...but to be in quietness" ITim1:12.

For Joyce to come up with such a foolish statement in the name of God is very disturbing. For so many women to believe it is likewise so sad - they are missing a great blessing that they could be enjoying in their lives. God gave the ability to have incredibly intense sexual experiences - women get great pleasure from receiving oral sex (done well) - why is someone constantly trying to take away the blessing of God by preaching stuff like that - beats me.

Next they will suggest that use of condoms is a sin? I think the Roman Catholics already teach that (though I may be mistaken here).

Just a couple thoughts,
Human

Upvote 0

Risen Tree

previously Rising Tree
Nov 20, 2002
Georgia
✟18,382.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
raphe said:
Romans 14:23 And he that doubteth is ****** if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.
Holy smokes that looks funny with the censor. (AAAAAAAAHH!! CUSS WORDS IN THE BIBLE!!!)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

blitzn

God is my Strong Tower
Jul 2, 2003
Upstate New York
Visit site
✟7,771.00
Faith
Christian
Hebrews 13:4

(ALT) Marriage [is to be] honorable [or, respected] among all and the marriage bed undefiled, but sexual sinners and adulterers God will judge.

(ASV) Let marriage be had in honor among all, and let the bed be undefiled: for fornicators and adulterers God will judge.

(KJV) Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.

(LITV) Marriage is honorable in all, and the bed undefiled; but God will judge fornicators and adulterers.

(YLT) honourable is the marriage in all, and the bed undefiled, and whoremongers and adulterers God shall judge.
Barnes says concerning Hebrews 13:4 :

Marriage is honorable in all - The object here is to state that “honor” is to be shown to the marriage relation. It is not to be undervalued by the pretence of the superior purity of a state of celibacy, as if marriage were improper for any class of people or any condition of life; and it should not be dishonored by any violation of the marriage contract. The course of things has shown that there was abundant reason for the apostle to assert with emphasis, that “marriage was an honorable condition of life.” There has been a constant effort made to show that celibacy was a more holy state; that there was something in marriage that rendered it “dishonorable” for those who are in the ministry, and for those of either sex who would be eminently pure. This sentiment has been the cause of more abomination in the world than any other single opinion claiming to have a religious sanction. It is one of the supports on which the Papal system rests, and has been one of the principal upholders of all the corruptions in monasteries and nunneries. The apostle asserts, without any restriction or qualification, that marriage is honorable in all; and this proves that it is lawful for the ministers of religion to marry, and that the whole doctrine of the superior purity of a state of celibacy is false; see this subject examined in the notes on 1 Cor. 7.
And the bed undefiled - Fidelity to the marriage vow.
But harlot mongers and adulterers God will judge - All licentiousness of life, and all violations of the marriage covenant, will be severely punished by God; see the notes on 1Co_6:9. The sins here referred to prevailed everywhere, and hence, there was the more propriety for the frequent and solemn injunctions to avoid them which we find in the Scriptures.
G96R,

From your remark about the conference, it sounds like Joyce might be adding her personal opinion to what the Bible says (or doesn't say) - I haven't seen a direct reference to oral sex in the Bible anywhere; has anyone else?

My personal opinion is that a husband and wife are free to do whatever they wish with a couple exceptions, oral sex not being one of them. Husband or wife shouldn't "force" their spouse to do something, but if one of them wants to do something like this in order to give their spouse pleasure, there is not a thing wrong with it. Sex is a gift from God for those who have entered into the marriage covenant each other, and it should be enjoyed...what a great gift too!!

- blitzn

Upvote 0

Theresa

With Reason
Nov 27, 2002
✟24,289.00
Faith
Catholic
Well, not quite anything goes. I think sodomy is condemned by the Church. So is other things like toys and stuff and inappropriate contentography (voyeurism), masturbation, etc.

But I looked in the CCC and couldn't find (oral sex). I also asked a priest during confession ( :o :o :o ) and he said that it's not a sin. But if anybody has any proof to the contrary, I'm open to hearing it. I haven't found much substantial on the subject and would prefer to know what is and isn't a sin so as to avoid in the future. As it stands, I have only found that it's not inherently evil.

Is there another name for it perhaps?

Upvote 0

blitzn

God is my Strong Tower
Jul 2, 2003
Upstate New York
Visit site
✟7,771.00
Faith
Christian
Theresa said:
Well, not quite anything goes. I think sodomy is condemned by the Church. So is other things like toys and stuff and inappropriate contentography (voyeurism), masturbation, etc.

But I looked in the CCC and couldn't find (oral sex). I also asked a priest during confession ( :o :o :o ) and he said that it's not a sin. But if anybody has any proof to the contrary, I'm open to hearing it. I haven't found much substantial on the subject and would prefer to know what is and isn't a sin so as to avoid in the future. As it stands, I have only found that it's not inherently evil.

You say condemned by the church... honestly, it really does not matter what the church or a priest says, it matters what the Bible says... I guess I needed to be more precise with my statement although I thought I was already - I mean specifically, a HUSBAND and WIFE who are MARRIED can pleasure each other in whatever way they feel they'd like to with some SPECIFIC exceptions that are in the BIBLE. Anything the Bible doesn't mention specifically, we are each responsible for interpreting as the Holy Spirit leads us. I'm talking about SEX, the way God intended it, clean, pure, holy...not the sinful, worldly activities that you mentioned.

- blitzn

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

footballfanatic

Only John Waye Left
Dec 4, 2002
✟10,832.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Song of Solomon talks about oral sex in the good way (2:3, the woman preforming oral sex on the man, and 4:16 and possibly 8:2 for the man on the woman.)

I can't believe someone is trying to make something a sin that God has not.

Bible scholars insist that Song of Solomon is talking about a man and wife having oral sex and other kinds of sex and enjoying it. It's not wrong or impure in the marriage bed.

I have two great resources on this:
1. http://themarriagebed.com/whatisokay.shtml#oral
2. http://www.familydynamics.net/sexandthebible.htm

Both speak specifically to oral sex in marriage.

Lee

Upvote 0

MorphRC

Oct 30, 2003
Australia
✟839.00
Faith
Catholic
Hebrew 13:4 DRV[font=Trebuchet MS,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Marriage honourable in all, and the bed undefiled. For fornicators and adulterers God will judge.[/font]

Well i think fornication is pre-martial sex..adultery is sex with someone else in a marriage..this says nothing about that topic.

Upvote 0

HeatherJay

Kisser of Boo-Boos
Sep 1, 2003
Tennessee
Visit site
✟41,276.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Theresa said:

Oral sex, according to some, is included under the title of sodomy.

Love, Heather

Upvote 0

blitzn

God is my Strong Tower
Jul 2, 2003
Upstate New York
Visit site
✟7,771.00
Faith
Christian
Human said:
The Saints know that the Catholic Church to which Augustine refers is the Universal Church of Jesus Christ (vs. any specific organization/denomination). Any denomination/organization proclaiming its supremacy is simply the blathering of demons and anti-christ.

Agape,
Human
I just have to ask - what on earth are you talking about? Does any of that have anything to do with Jesus Christ or the Word of God - the Bible? You're talking about supremecy of some church ("the catholic church") over others? Please don't get me started with this deceptive, worldly nonsense. Jesus Christ is beginning and the end; HE ALONE is supreme.

- blitzn

Upvote 0