Is Oral Sex a Sin Before Marriage? What Does the Bible Say?

Freedom63

Universal Reconciliationist (Eventually)
Aug 4, 2011
Indiana
✟1,527.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
The law of love is our guiding principle now in regards to sex...just like everything else in the life of the Christian. No one should enter into any kind of sexual relationship lightly. But when they do...it is a matter purely between themselves (those involved) and God.

The bible in no place states anything different. Love governs every action and defines the difference between what is sin and what is not. Scripture is far more tolerant of sexual activity than any fundy will tell you and the New Covenant makes it even easier to understand what is pleasing to God. The Royal Law of Love should govern everything in our lives...including the wonderful gift of sexuality.

This is the beauty of the law of love...when we follow it we have avoided what is sin already according to Jesus.

A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.
John 13:34

Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”
Matthew 22:37-40

:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

RealDealNeverstop

Is Prayer Your First or Last Action?
Sep 15, 2007
✟36,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
RDN,
The NT scriptures that countenance only man/woman faithful marriage (ie Matt 19, Eph 5) also say that this should be the case because of sexual immorality (1 Cor 7)
In what way are Matthew 19, Ephesians 5 and 1 Corinthians 7 not scriptures? I suggest you do not make such comments or I may rightly accuse you of not believing the Bible.
The scriptures say because of sexual immorality each man should have his own wife. How are you going to construct an argument from NT scripture that supports sex within a relationship outside that faithful man/woman marriage?

you still have no scripture saying premarital sex is a sin. paul's advice was given to a specific situation and even in that he never says premarital sex is a sin.

i am so done with this thread.

Upvote 0
B

brightmorningstar

RDN
you still have no scripture saying premarital sex is a sin.
Having provided the scriptures that exclude any sex outside marriage, the question to you was how are YOU going to construct an argument from NT scripture that supports sex within a relationship outside that faithful man/woman marriage?
Instead you just repeat the same old question to me without any attempt to justify your position.

i am so done with this thread.
you should be, you have never really debated, all you have done is demand to be convinced of my view.

Upvote 0
B

brightmorningstar

The law of love is our guiding principle now in regards to sex...just like everything else in the life of the Christian. No one should enter into any kind of sexual relationship lightly. But when they do...it is a matter purely between themselves (those involved) and God.

The bible in no place states anything different. Love governs every action and defines the difference between what is sin and what is not. Scripture is far more tolerant of sexual activity than any fundy will tell you and the New Covenant makes it even easier to understand what is pleasing to God. The Royal Law of Love should govern everything in our lives...including the wonderful gift of sexuality.

This is the beauty of the law of love...when we follow it we have avoided what is sin already according to Jesus.

A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.

Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

:thumbsup:
The NT that refers to the royal law of love doesnt refer to 'sexuality'. Thats a deception trying to associate a modern concept which includes sexually immoral concepts to God's love.

Christians watch out for the deception being peddled.
The royal law comes from James 2.
"If you really keep the royal law found in Scripture, “Love your neighbor as yourself,”[a] you are doing right. 9 But if you show favoritism, you sin and are convicted by the law as lawbreakers. 10 For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it. 11 For he who said, “You shall not commit adultery,”[b] also said, “You shall not murder.”[c] If you do not commit adultery but do commit murder, you have become a lawbreaker "
So sexual immorality like adultery is not part of it.

Galatians 5
You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh[a]; rather, serve one another humbly in love. 14 For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself[b] 15 If you bite and devour each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other.

16 So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. 17 For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whatever[c] you want. 18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law. 19 The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Upvote 0

Armistead14

Mar 18, 2006
✟9,449.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I am sorry,but I was not referring that to Masturbation.I think it is easy to have sex in other countries,but in my country,around 80% off the youth think about having sex and planning their best to have sex,but fail because of not getting women to do that and also "no proper place" to do.

I think I am pretty clear now.

I wasn't referring to masturbation, more about your statement where you said not to worry about if sex was OK with God or not. Regardless of your views, one should seek to know if God thinks it's OK or not.

It's normal for youth to think about sex after puberty and want to do it, why it's very important for parents and culture to teach that sex takes great maturity and responsibility.

I visited several tribal cultures years ago in missions, most didn't worry about where they did it, they never learned sex was evil or that the naked body was sinful, it was common to see people having sex, no one thought much of it. Families lived in small huts or shelters, so it was common for parents to have sex with children around.

Where are you from?

Upvote 0

Freedom63

Aug 4, 2011
Indiana
✟1,527.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

:clap:

Upvote 0
B

brightmorningstar

:clap:

But as has been shown...
The NT that refers to the royal law of love doesnt refer to 'sexuality'. Thats a deception trying to associate a modern concept which includes sexually immoral concepts to God's love.

"If you really keep the royal law found in Scripture, “Love your neighbor as yourself,”[a] you are doing right. 9 But if you show favoritism, you sin and are convicted by the law as lawbreakers. 10 For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it. 11 For he who said, “You shall not commit adultery,”[b] also said, “You shall not murder.”[c] If you do not commit adultery but do commit murder, you have become a lawbreaker "

Galatians 5
You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh[a]; rather, serve one another humbly in love. 14 For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself[b] 15 If you bite and devour each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other.

16 So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. 17 For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whatever[c] you want. 18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law. 19 The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.
Can you confirm the scripture in the light of the post you keep repeating, or are you trying to deceive?

Upvote 0

Freedom63

Aug 4, 2011
Indiana
✟1,527.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

Upvote 0
B

brightmorningstar

Christians need to be aware of deception. God is love, God's love is that Christ died as an atonement for sin. Therefore sin isnt love.
Many liberals arguments these days like to talk about love implying that certain sexual activity may be justified because its love. Unless it is man and woman in faith marriage it is sexual immorality.

Galatians 5

progress.gif
Liberals dont like deception exposed so they usually refuse to debate.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Freedom63

Aug 4, 2011
Indiana
✟1,527.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

Upvote 0

Freedom63

Aug 4, 2011
Indiana
✟1,527.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
In spite of whatever anyone may have said...no one here has promoted adultery or premarital sex. It should be possible to have an honest discussion concerning the nature of sin and the bible without being accused of promoting sin.

Upvote 0
B

brightmorningstar

I am neither defending it nor promoting it. We are simply have a biblical discussion as to whether or not God forbids it. No one has yet been able to show any scripture stating He does.
Scriptures have been presented that forbid it. Not least 1 Cor 7 which says that it is ok to remain celibate but because of so much sexual immorality each man should have his own wife. So the only two options given, as with the rest of the NT ie Matt 19, is celibacy or faithful man/woman marriage.

Now others may claim the scriptures dont prohibit it, but they are being unreasonable in claiming scriptures havent been presented.

If the only two options given in the NT are celibacy or faithful man/woman marriage it is obvious premartal sex is outside that and falls into sexual immorality which is prohibited.

What we have is posters claiming there is no proof unless they can be convinced.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
B

brightmorningstar

The law of love is our guiding principle now in regards to sex...just like everything else in the life of the Christian.
Yes I would agree.
Jesus replied: "‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."
No one should enter into any kind of sexual relationship lightly. But when they do...it is a matter purely between themselves (those involved) and God.
The law of love doesnt say that though. The law of love includes avoiding sexual immorality.
Scripture is far more tolerant of sexual activity than any fundy will tell you
Ok, regardless of ‘fundie’ the NT scriptures only countenance man/woman marriage or celibacy. What sexual activity apart from that are you claiming. Please quote the scripture that describes or mentions some.

Upvote 0
B

brightmorningstar

The law of love is our guiding principle now in regards to sex...just like everything else in the life of the Christian.
Yes I would agree.
Jesus replied: "‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."
No one should enter into any kind of sexual relationship lightly. But when they do...it is a matter purely between themselves (those involved) and God.
The law of love doesnt say that though. The law of love includes avoiding sexual immorality.
Scripture is far more tolerant of sexual activity than any fundy will tell you
Ok, regardless of ‘fundie’ the NT scriptures only countenance man/woman marriage or celibacy. What sexual activity apart from that are you claiming. Please quote the scripture that describes or mentions some.

Upvote 0

Freedom63

Aug 4, 2011
Indiana
✟1,527.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

Upvote 0

Armistead14

Mar 18, 2006
✟9,449.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Scriptures have been presented that forbid it. Not least 1 Cor 7 which says that it is ok to remain celibate but because of so much sexual immorality each man should have his own wife. So the only two options given, as with the rest of the NT ie Matt 19, is celibacy or faithful man/woman marriage.

Now others may claim the scriptures dont prohibit it, but they are being unreasonable in claiming scriptures havent been presented.

If the only two options given in the NT are celibacy or faithful man/woman marriage it is obvious premartal sex is outside that and falls into sexual immorality which is prohibited.

What we have is posters claiming there is no proof unless they can be convinced.

Says you, not the bible.

Upvote 0