Is Oral Sex a Sin Before Marriage? What Does the Bible Say?

Freedom63

Universal Reconciliationist (Eventually)
Aug 4, 2011
Indiana
✟1,527.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
It "would seem". :doh:

This is the problem with so many in the church today. There is no desire to truly study to show oneself approved.

There has already been MUCH discussion in this thread regarding the culture in which this statement was made and what it meant to them. Of course the interpretation based on what it "seems" to you is contrary to much scripture so it can be ruled out anyway.

BTW - Getting married IS better than being tempted with sexual immorality. (Though I have never seen a convincing argument that marriage prevents such temptation...LOL) The real question here is...what is sexual immorality? For this the scriptures, with some genuine study, give far better answers than you will find in any modern fundamental church.

The law of love truly does define it. If this law is not broken...than the sexual activity is not sinful. Really pretty simple to understand.

This post bears repeating in full!

Upvote 0
B

brightmorningstar

The law of love that Christ's NT describes, requires avoiding sexual immorality (as shown Roman 13, Galatians 5 etc. ) The liberal claim that if the law of love isnt broken the sexual activity isnt sinful is clearly a potential deception. The test is to see whether God has countenenced it; God is love. Jesus Christ's NT teaching affirms only faithful man/woman marriage, and says because of sexual immorality this should be the case.

The deception is to create a straw man, the law of love in human terms rather than God's, and use it to justify sin. This is what deception is, to sound so like the truth that it wont get questioned.

Upvote 0

Freedom63

Aug 4, 2011
Indiana
✟1,527.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
The law of love is our guiding principle now in regards to sex...just like everything else in the life of the Christian. No one should enter into any kind of sexual relationship lightly. But when they do...it is a matter purely between themselves (those involved) and God.

The bible in no place states anything different. Love governs every action and defines the difference between what is sin and what is not. Scripture is far more tolerant of sexual activity than any fundy will tell you and the New Covenant makes it even easier to understand what is pleasing to God. The Royal Law of Love should govern everything in our lives...including the wonderful gift of sexuality.

This is the beauty of the law of love...when we follow it we have avoided what is sin already according to Jesus.

Upvote 0

Freedom63

Aug 4, 2011
Indiana
✟1,527.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
The law of love is our guiding principle now in regards to sex...just like everything else in the life of the Christian. No one should enter into any kind of sexual relationship lightly. But when they do...it is a matter purely between themselves (those involved) and God.

The bible in no place states anything different. Love governs every action and defines the difference between what is sin and what is not. Scripture is far more tolerant of sexual activity than any fundy will tell you and the New Covenant makes it even easier to understand what is pleasing to God. The Royal Law of Love should govern everything in our lives...including the wonderful gift of sexuality.

This is the beauty of the law of love...when we follow it we have avoided what is sin already according to Jesus.

A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.
John 13:34

Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”
Matthew 22:37-40

;) :wave:

Upvote 0
B

brightmorningstar

Note that in John 13:34 Jesus says to love as He has loved. Also note that we have the repeat of the love your neighbor.

We have seen that in Jesus NT teaching citing love your neighbour, the passages also warn against sexual immorality Romans 13, Galatians 5 etc. One doesnt need what some call fundies to point out the deception of promoting sexual immorality under the disguise of love, just read God's word.

And as Jesus NT only countenances sexual relations in faithful man/woman marriage, it doesnt take a fundie to point out the deception of attributing what God's word calls sexual immorality as loving ones neighbor.

If we love as Jesus loved we wont be looking to do what Jesus taught us not to.

Upvote 0

Freedom63

Aug 4, 2011
Indiana
✟1,527.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.

Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

:clap::clap::clap:

Upvote 0

Freedom63

Aug 4, 2011
Indiana
✟1,527.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

:clap::clap::clap:

Notice that there is absolutely NOTHING in this post promoting sexual immorality. ;)

Some consider alcohol to be inherently immoral, God does not, only the abuse of it. What is abuse? The answers vary widely...but the law of love governs them all.

Upvote 0
B

brightmorningstar

The NT that refers to the royal law of love doesnt refer to 'sexuality'. Thats a deception trying to associate a modern concept which includes sexually immoral concepts to God's love.

Christians watch out for the deception being peddled.
The royal law comes from James 2.
"If you really keep the royal law found in Scripture, “Love your neighbor as yourself,”[a] you are doing right. 9 But if you show favoritism, you sin and are convicted by the law as lawbreakers. 10 For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it. 11 For he who said, “You shall not commit adultery,”[b] also said, “You shall not murder.”[c] If you do not commit adultery but do commit murder, you have become a lawbreaker "
So sexual immorality like adultery is not part of it.

Galatians 5
You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh[a]; rather, serve one another humbly in love. 14 For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”[b] 15 If you bite and devour each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other.

16 So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. 17 For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whatever[c] you want. 18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law. 19 The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Upvote 0
B

brightmorningstar

God is love, not 'love is god'
1 John 4:10 "This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins."

We are not so much to have the law of love guiding all our principles, that could be any old cocept of love, but the law of God, which is true love because God is love. If its not of God, then its not really love but a deception.

So
2 John 1:6 "And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love."

Upvote 0

RealDealNeverstop

Is Prayer Your First or Last Action?
Sep 15, 2007
✟36,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
RDN,
No. You are claiming I said that, I didn’t. You may address what I wrote but don’t misrepresent me.
So as I never said it, you are the one bearing false testimony.
Let me repeat what I wrote.
As I have presented scriptures which only countenance sex within marriage and such as 1 Cor 7 which say because of so much sexual immorality each man should have his own wife.
The example given is faithful man/woman marriage, because of so much sexual immorality each believer should either be celibate or have his own wife/husband.
I cant see where that leaves any possibility for pre-marital sex.

you say you didnt claim premarital sex is a sin while following up by claiming premarital sex is a sin.........priceless....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
B

brightmorningstar

Freedom63,
If you dont want me to talk to you then dont talk about me.

RDN,
you say you didnt claim premarital sex is a sin while following up by claiming premarital sex is a sin.........priceless
Nope, what I said was the NT doesnt say premarital sex is a sin, but it describes sex outside marriage as sin thus it is a sin by what it describes.
What you percieve as dishonesty is your own inability to undersatnd the argument.

Both of you.
This forum holds to the Christian belief that sex is for a man/woman marriage. Your arguments to suggest premarital sex (and same sex relationships elesewhere) are not excluded and condemned, are ultimatley only trying to undermine this and pointless.

Upvote 0

rudez

Keep it Real
Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2011
Dallas, Texas
✟7,649.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think that if you are feeling guilty about doing something you should refrain from doing it. That is the best advice I can give about this or any other action you may take. When your conscience bothers you, you are doing something wrong even if it isn't technically a sin. Don't worry about whether it is technically a sin or not because even if it isn't, doing something that you feel guilty doing is as unhealthy for your faith life as a technical sin would be. Remember, however, that God does not expect you to be perfect He only expects you to do your best to follow Him.

The best answer in this topic.

See,I think I am ONE of the best persons in this world to answer about this issue,as I had a lot of discussions with jesus.

I am not talking as a christian now,but I am talking as a person who got teachings from Jesus on Ethical Behavior for Sex

1.Don't flirt with Married women and Don't sleep with Married women.

When you do that, you're not only sinning but insulting the relationship of the woman and hurting the feelings of her husband and children,which causes a lot of sin deposit in your account.

2.Don't waste your time in thinking whether it is okay with god or not

Sexual satisfaction is something which hardly lasts for 1 hr,because of that You should not waste hours and hours thinking about that.

3.If you're so desperate to have sex,just go and do it.
God is there to forgive,but don't go away from god that you have sinned and don't let the guilt destroy you.

4.Marriage with wrong woman to satisfy your sexual desires kills your spiritual life,eternal life by kicking you into hell.

As these are the basic ethics I got to learn from Jesus and also I am 23,the prime age for men.

The best answer is the message I have quoted,it is only your conscience that bothers in this issue and also the self respect.

God has nothing to do except he is saying that don't go away from me with this reason.

Upvote 0

RealDealNeverstop

Is Prayer Your First or Last Action?
Sep 15, 2007
✟36,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Freedom63,
If you dont want me to talk to you then dont talk about me.

RDN,
Nope, what I said was the NT doesnt say premarital sex is a sin, but it describes sex outside marriage as sin thus it is a sin by what it describes.
What you percieve as dishonesty is your own inability to undersatnd the argument.

Both of you.
This forum holds to the Christian belief that sex is for a man/woman marriage. Your arguments to suggest premarital sex (and same sex relationships elesewhere) are not excluded and condemned, are ultimatley only trying to undermine this and pointless.

you say sex before marriage is not allowed but you have no scripture to back that up. period.

Upvote 0

Armistead14

Mar 18, 2006
✟9,449.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The best answer in this topic.

See,I think I am ONE of the best persons in this world to answer about this issue,as I had a lot of discussions with jesus.

I am not talking as a christian now,but I am talking as a person who got teachings from Jesus on Ethical Behavior for Sex

1.Don't flirt with Married women and Don't sleep with Married women.

When you do that, you're not only sinning but insulting the relationship of the woman and hurting the feelings of her husband and children,which causes a lot of sin deposit in your account.

2.Don't waste your time in thinking whether it is okay with god or not

Sexual satisfaction is something which hardly lasts for 1 hr,because of that You should not waste hours and hours thinking about that.

3.If you're so desperate to have sex,just go and do it.
God is there to forgive,but don't go away from god that you have sinned and don't let the guilt destroy you.

4.Marriage with wrong woman to satisfy your sexual desires kills your spiritual life,eternal life by kicking you into hell.

As these are the basic ethics I got to learn from Jesus and also I am 23,the prime age for men.

The best answer is the message I have quoted,it is only your conscience that bothers in this issue and also the self respect.

God has nothing to do except he is saying that don't go away from me with this reason.

The problem with guilt is subjective. I think at the core of our humanity we all have sincere guilt when we know we wrong others, but then there is misplaced guilt, guilt we're taught or indoctrinated to accept from others based on their views.

If you study religion from a secular and political view throughout history, the church with political influence created many doctrines to control people. They actually brought in some of the greatest philosophical minds of the era to best determine how they could control the masses with the new political religion. It's amazing to read the writings of these men. Two doctrines were created, absolute fear and absolute guilt. Scripture was redefined to fit and impose these doctrines.

The natural guilt and fear we have that makes us moral humans was perverted into something cruel and ugly. Worse, the church to control humanity also needed to control sexuality, so again the church redefined sexuality into something evil, even within marriage and used fear and guilt to control men, not only fear of God, but fear the church would torture and kill you if you didn't follow what God told them to tell you to do.

Your list is right and wrong...I agree, no messing with married people, but you seem to confuse the purpose of sexuality and sin.

Sex is a basic human need just like food, but it's a controllable one. To say don't waste your time on thinking about " if it's OK with God or not" is rather silly. I want to know what God feels on the subject. No one should have sex out of desperation. Sex is about maturity, responsibility, sharing, etc... acts of desperation lead only to selfishness and irresponsibility. That's the great thing about masturbation, when the physical urge becomes physically and emotionally painful, seems God provided an easy way out with no harm until we can find the right situation.

God doesn't want us to live in a state of guilt or sin so he set parameters so that we know, but neither does God want us to suffer under a burden of misplaced guilt that serves no purpose. That's why the law of love works best. The bible gives us 3 great principles to live by.

Love fulfills the law by loving others by doing good, but more importantly the theme love fulfills the law is by "doing no harm."

Each should determine sin by their own conscience in applying the love law seriously and prayfully. If one is only using this principle to excuse whatever they like, they have failed to understand it.

Judge not others...leave that to God, but that doesn't mean you have to accept their behavior in your life.

If people followed those 3 principles it would be peace on earth, in fact I think it would be heaven, the way God intended humanity to live.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rudez

Keep it Real
Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2011
Dallas, Texas
✟7,649.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
To say don't waste your time on thinking about " if it's OK with God or not" is rather silly.

I am sorry,but I was not referring that to Masturbation.I think it is easy to have sex in other countries,but in my country,around 80% off the youth think about having sex and planning their best to have sex,but fail because of not getting women to do that and also "no proper place" to do.

I think I am pretty clear now.

Upvote 0

Armistead14

Mar 18, 2006
✟9,449.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The NT that refers to the royal law of love doesnt refer to 'sexuality'. Thats a deception trying to associate a modern concept which includes sexually immoral concepts to God's love.

Christians watch out for the deception being peddled.
The royal law comes from James 2.
"If you really keep the royal law found in Scripture, “Love your neighbor as yourself,”[a] you are doing right. 9 But if you show favoritism, you sin and are convicted by the law as lawbreakers. 10 For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it. 11 For he who said, “You shall not commit adultery,”[b] also said, “You shall not murder.”[c] If you do not commit adultery but do commit murder, you have become a lawbreaker "
So sexual immorality like adultery is not part of it.

Galatians 5
You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh[a]; rather, serve one another humbly in love. 14 For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself[b] 15 If you bite and devour each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other.

16 So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. 17 For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whatever[c] you want. 18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law. 19 The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

If the law of love doesn't refer to sexuality, then how does it fulfill "all the law." Seems you're actually saying we have no guidelines on sexual sin?
So how do you define sexual sin in your life, do you live by the sexual legal law of jewish customs.....that allowed premarital sex...?

You can continue to define sexual immorality based on your opinion, that's not a biblical argument.

Upvote 0
B

brightmorningstar

RDN,
you say sex before marriage is not allowed but you have no scripture to back that up. period.
The NT scriptures that countenance only man/woman faithful marriage (ie Matt 19, Eph 5) also say that this should be the case because of sexual immorality (1 Cor 7)
In what way are Matthew 19, Ephesians 5 and 1 Corinthians 7 not scriptures? I suggest you do not make such comments or I may rightly accuse you of not believing the Bible.
The scriptures say because of sexual immorality each man should have his own wife. How are you going to construct an argument from NT scripture that supports sex within a relationship outside that faithful man/woman marriage?

Upvote 0
B

brightmorningstar

Armistead14,
The problem with guilt is subjective.
Guilt isn’t subjective, one either feels guilt or one doesnt. I think you must mean that the reason why someone should feel guilt is subjective.
I think at the core of our humanity we all have sincere guilt when we know we wrong others, but then there is misplaced guilt, guilt we're taught or indoctrinated to accept from others based on their views.
But not when we believe in Christ and see His teaching on what is sin or not.

If you study religion from a secular and political view throughout history, the church with political influence created many doctrines to control people.
But who needs to study religion when we have the truth of Jesus Christ; studying religion in the way you describe merely shows whether the church was or was not following Christ’s teaching.
Scripture was redefined to fit and impose these doctrines.
Again, begs the question over whether you believe the Bible is relaible.

The natural guilt and fear we have that makes us moral humans was perverted into something cruel and ugly. Worse, the church to control humanity also needed to control sexuality, so again the church redefined sexuality into something evil, even within marriage and used fear and guilt to control men, not only fear of God, but fear the church would torture and kill you if you didn't follow what God told them to tell you to do.
There is no basis for your hearsay, the scripture tells us and teh Holy Spirit guides us as to what God’s sexual purposes are for man and woman. Sexuality suggests sexual orientation to whatever or whoever, already a perverted concept.

Sex is a basic human need just like food, but it's a controllable one.
Who said it is a basic human need? People can live and survive without it, and do, not so food, water, or clothing shelter. Why are you assuming everything?
To say don't waste your time on thinking about " if it's OK with God or not" is rather silly.
Then how would you follow Jesus Christ’s teaching? If we don’t follow Christ’s teaching we dont know the truth and we are not free.
I want to know what God feels on the subject.
But many of us would say you obviously dont as you dont want to think about whether its ok with God.

The bible gives us 3 great principles to live by.
Er no the Bible gives us much more than 3.

Love fulfills the law by loving others by doing good, but more importantly the theme love fulfills the law is by "doing no harm."
And as we have seen from the passages of scripture that describe and refer to this love, avoiding sexual immorality is part of it as sexual immorality harms the person who does it because their body is to be a temple of the Holy Spirit.

Each should determine sin by their own conscience in applying the love law seriously and prayfully.
Then that begs the question if Christ hasn’t died to forgive the sins His testimony says He died for, how can you know the gospel of Jesus Christ?

Judge not others...leave that to God, but that doesn't mean you have to accept their behavior in your life.
No, God’s word said judge brothers accordingly, so that both planks and specks are removed.

If people followed those 3 principles it would be peace on earth, in fact I think it would be heaven, the way God intended humanity to live.
no, I disagree, if people follow those three principles they would be following humanism.

Upvote 0
B

brightmorningstar

Armistead14,
If the law of love doesn't refer to sexuality,
As you can see from the passages that refer to the law of love, they include avoiding sexual immorality. No mention of sexuality. You would need to identify what sexual relationships you mean by sexuality.
So how do you define sexual sin in your life, do you live by the sexual legal law of jewish customs.....that allowed premarital sex...?
By the NT as quoted. I have already said this, so I seek sexual relations only within a faithful marriage and did so before marriage the moment I gave my life to the Lord.
Are you asking this repeatedly in the hope of getting an answer that suits you?
You can continue to define sexual immorality based on your opinion, that's not a biblical argument.
Having just quoted James 2 and Galatians 5 it would be reasonable to ask you why you consider James 2 and Galatians 5 my opinion and not the inspired word of God given through Jesus Christ.?

Upvote 0