Hong Kong
✟147,281.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Lack of knowledge in how to carry and work in the Spirit. Most who claim to be Christian are not really Christian.

Or Scottish

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So why did you, in post 166, seem to suggest that the two options were to go out and take the risks without trying to mitigate them in any way, or stay at home in a bubble to protect ourselves?
I didn't. I'm sure I see safety different than a lot of people. Dad was a very safety conscience person, but we cut firewood with no protective gear and nobody wore bicycle helmets and such then. We never wore seat belts back then either. I just came in from running the chainsaw and pulling around trees with the tractor. I still don't wear hard hats and stuff. Not recommended, but safety to me is awareness of your surroundings and having life skills. We have a culture now that sees it backwards. Gear up for everything but learn your skills from youtube...

• Haha
Reactions: Estrid
Upvote 0

Taodeching

Oct 29, 2020
Southwest
✟60,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Lack of knowledge in how to carry and work in the Spirit. Most who claim to be Christian are not really Christian.

Ah, so you decide who is a Christian then. I know men and women personally who died of Covid and made you and me look like we don't have any walk with Christ. The simple fact is God never said He would save us from Covid. To go out and act like He would is to put God to the test and you will always fail that no different thn the snake handlers who test God by picking up poisonous snakes and were bitten and have died.

Reactions: Estrid
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟293,955.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I wasn’t exactly preaching I was simply answering someone’s question.

You said you were here to "share the gospel" which lies outside the purpose of the Science section of CF. I'm here to talk about science and pseudoscience. (I occasionally get pulled into politics, but I am not interested in theology.)

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟293,710.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I am not saying you should or shouldn’t but was just wondering why. Me personally, if I was an atheist, could not imagine myself being interested in a Christian Forum, unless I was seeking.

I enjoy debating religion and creation/evolution.

• Informative
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟293,710.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Why not? Why are our actions predestined but our desires are not?

And are you suggesting that a person could steal a car if they did not want to? If they didn't want to steal a car, why wouldn't they just not steal it?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.